Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Learning to smile (Vaina, Kakalina)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm
User Image
Vaina's curiosity had led her to Sikukuu, and she had happened to get there during the Gala of Learning. To her surprise she hadn't been chased away, but instead been invited to the celebrations. She had met other visiting rogues too so she assumed that it was normal for this pride to invite others. It was the first pride she had encountered that was friendly like this, and she still couldn't believe that she was offered free food and entertainment without being asked for anything in return.

She was currently wearing a crown made from fragrant greens that had been gifted to her. It had a strong scent, but it might be impolite to remove it so Vaina had decided to wear it until she left at least. It wasn't entirely unpleasant, even if it made it slightly harder to feel other scents. She saw other animals wearing crowns made from flowers and vines so she wasn't the only one sporting greenery on her head at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image

Kakalina was running around the area, weaving in and out of some of the older members of the pride. She had her small crown on her head and stopped to adjust it slightly with her paw to make sure it wouldn't fall off and get lost. Especially not during her first celebration!

Mama had told her it had been put together by the Kaskazi clan and there would be games later. Apparently it had something to do with learning, and though the little cub didn't understand why they had to celebrate it, she was excited.

She wondered if she could make something for her mama or find someone to help show her something she could make; that was learning, right? She looked all around, trying to find someone she could ask but had trouble seeing over the other pride members. While her attention was turned else where, she wasn't looking to see where she was going and accidentally ran into someone.

"Sorry!"

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:44 am
There were a lot of creatures milling around, and Vaina was amazed by the fact that there were no fights. Hyenas laughed together with lions, cheetahs and wild dogs ate from the same kill. It was weird and wonderful. This pride was like stepping into an alternate reality. It was a bit freaky, but it was a nice change. No one even growled if someone else bumped into them.

There were a few collisions in the crowd, and soon enough a small red something ran into her. Aina swallowed a growl. She didn't want to be kicked out for bad behaviour, and when she looked down she could see that it was only a cub, and nothing dangerous.

"Uh... No problem," she said, "Lots of people around..."

She noticed that the cub had a leafy crown of her own, and she tried a small smile to appear as non-threatening as possible.

LexThetaSigma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm
Annchen

The small red cub looked up at who she had run into. "Still I'm sorry. I just got excited." There was so much to see that it was hard to keep her attention on anything at the moment. She wanted to see everything!

There were so many others around that she hadn't met yet. Speaking of, she looked over the unfamiliar female and attempted to sniff at her, trying to place the scent. From the looks of her, she appeared to be another cat. She tried to remember what else was in the pride besides lions.

"Are you here for the festival too?" Kakalina asked as she peered up at the bigger female, trying to figure out for herself what kind of species she was.

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 pm
"It is exciting, isn't it," Vaina said and looked around at all the activity around them.

She stiffened a little as the young cub stepped closer to sniff her. Most creatures didn't want to get closer to her once they caught wind of her. Or maybe it was the fleas rather than her scent. The leopard's nostrils widened slightly as she sniffed the cub. Well... Now they knew each other by scent, if not by name. She should probably offer her name, but the cub asked another question before she could.

"Yes," she said and shuffled her paws, "I was invited."

The cub would probably not question her right to be there, but she was a bit proud over the invitation.

"My name is Vaina," she said, and managed a slightly larger smile than before.

LexThetaSigma
Sorry! I didn't mean to leave you hanging for so long sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:41 pm
"It is!" Kakalina replied with an excited wag of her tail. She wiggled slightly when the other big cat sniffed her in return. When she mentioned being invited, the tiny cub gave her another excited grin. "Wow! That's great!"

Kakalina felt something tickle her fur but ignored it when the leopard introduced herself. "I'm Kakalina."

Annchen
It's alright heart Going by your sig, you had a very good reason to. I hope you had a good trip

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm
"It is great," Vaina agreed, and then shuffled her feet as she tried to figure out what to say next.

Vaina was not used to making conversation, and she wasn't used to cubs. It was surprisingly easy to talk to the cub however, and since it was just a small lion it didn't feel very intimidating either. Well, to be honest she hadn't been very intimidated by the large lioness that had invited her either. Everyone was so friendly here.

"Did you learn something this festival?" she asked, remembering what Madakata had told her about this festival. It was all about learning, or something like that.

LexThetaSigma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm
Hmmmmmm that was a good question. What had she learned so far? She had learned to hunt but that happened a bit before and she was still working on it. Then it occurred to her.

"I learned about my clan. I learned that we do the autumn festivals and that autumn is when the leaves change colors." Kakalina replied, remembering her visit from Madakata. "Did you learn anything?"

Annchen

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 am
Vaina wasn't prepared for the question. What had she learned? That there were prides that wouldn't chase away strangers? That lions could be nice to other carnivores? That she could be accepted? Not answers fit for a cub perhaps. She fell silent and tried to think. You learned things all the time, right? She had learned many things without even noticing.

"I learned about the Sikukuu," she said, "I didn't know about this place before."

She shuffled her feet.

"Perhaps I should come to one of the autumn festivals then."

She didn't intend to stay here, but to her surprise she realised that she wouldn't mind coming back some other time.

LexThetaSigma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 pm
"Really?" Kakalina hadn't met anyone that hadn't known about the pride; though, granted, she had barely been outside of the pride's lands since her mother had brought them home. "I'm glad you found us and I got to meet you." she grinned and added, "I got to learn what a leopard looks like thanks to you."

She gave the female leopard a wide smile when she mentioned that she might come back for one of the autumn festivals. "You should! I think we get to play pranks or something during one of them. I haven't learned that yet."

Annchen

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am
So she was the first leopard this cub had ever seen? It was funny to think about. Vaina had vivid memories about her first lion, but it had been nothing like this cub, or the oter generous lions she'd met here.

Pranks? Vainas ear folded back slightly. She wasn't sure she'd like that. Her prank experiences so far hadn't been great. Mostly because she had been on the receiving end of them.

"We'll see," she said, "I might visit if I'm in the area."

Perhaps she should have offered the cub to visit her some time, but that would be silly since Vaina didn't have a set territory, most of the time. She tried, but the good spots had too much competition, and when prey moved she had to move too.

"I'm going to see if there's somehing to eat," she said, "Have you had anything to eat yet?"

LexThetaSigma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:25 pm
Kakalina's smile weakened a bit when she noticed the older female's ears fold back. "My mom says it's supposed to be fun, but I don't know." She gave a small shrug, "I guess we won't know until it gets here."

She gave her a nod, "I hope I get to see you again then."

When Vaina mentioned getting something to eat, the small cub's stomach let out a loud grumbling noise. "Not yet," Kakalina looked down shyly. "Maybe I can go with you; I'm sure there will be some food somewhere."

Annchen

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm
Vaina smiled as the cub's stomach answered for her. She looked around, trying to find the best way to navigate through the crowd.

"Walk in my pawsteps," she said, "That way you won't get stepped on."

And with that she started pushing through the celebrating animals.

LexThetaSigma
should we end it after your post?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm
Kakalina nodded in agreement when Vaina told her to follow in her paw prints. Even though most of the other members were careful, there was still a lot of others around that many not be paying attention and wouldn't notice her.

As the leopardess walked off, the small cub dutifully followed after her.

Fin

Annchen

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers