Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

momonim

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 am
i have a crush on someone that attends my school and that crush developed late october 2011. at first it was just that i thought he was cute and that's all, i've talked to him maybe 3 times and not even a full fledged conversations, but as creepy as it might sound i observe him whenever i get a chance to look at him in class ( had 3 classes with him ) and i started developing actual feelings for him without really talking to him ( i know about him because of my mutual friends but i haven't really talked to him ) we've been in awkward situations that made me wonder if he really is straight, and things aren't as simple as asking him because i'm quite timid and it doesn't work out if he turns out to say no because then things would get weird and ruin a possible friendship. he got suspended late may and isn't coming back til' next school year ... maybe. has anyone ever been in a situation like this? where you develop strong feelings towards someone without really talking to them or maybe have questioned their sexuality? halp emotion_8c  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 am
Generally, crushing is just that, crushing. I can certainly swoon over someone, but I don't actually foster "love" until I get to know them. Crushing has the problem of fantasizing about what they "could do" or "would do" rather than what is actually happening. You are appraising on face value (and daydreams I would bet too wink )and that generally leads to assumptions that aren't true.

My only suggestion is to hang out with him this summer if you can - or IM or chat online. Get to know the real person - not the fantasied person in your dream crush and lala land.

As for testing sexual waters, that is a toughy. I have little experience with this as I started dating same-sex people after I was open in my bisexuality.

I am curious what this gentlemen was suspended for and for so long...  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

momonim

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:55 am
Blackrose_Knight
Generally, crushing is just that, crushing. I can certainly swoon over someone, but I don't actually foster "love" until I get to know them. Crushing has the problem of fantasizing about what they "could do" or "would do" rather than what is actually happening. You are appraising on face value (and daydreams I would bet too wink )and that generally leads to assumptions that aren't true.

My only suggestion is to hang out with him this summer if you can - or IM or chat online. Get to know the real person - not the fantasied person in your dream crush and lala land.

As for testing sexual waters, that is a toughy. I have little experience with this as I started dating same-sex people after I was open in my bisexuality.

it's not just face value. he's such a kind, generous, simple, funny guy. personality is more like it, when i observe him it's not just for facial value it's to analyze his personality! he was told on by someone that he had marijuana in his possession so they had to do a check on him / his car and they found nothing but they found a pocket knife in his car and decided that he had a weapon that could've been used in a bad situation ( kinda had me mad at the police officer since it was just a pocket knife, IN HIS CAR ) but yeah / sigh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 pm
momonim
Blackrose_Knight

it's not just face value. he's such a kind, generous, simple, funny guy. personality is more like it, when i observe him it's not just for facial value it's to analyze his personality! he was told on by someone that he had marijuana in his possession so they had to do a check on him / his car and they found nothing but they found a pocket knife in his car and decided that he had a weapon that could've been used in a bad situation ( kinda had me mad at the police officer since it was just a pocket knife, IN HIS CAR ) but yeah / sigh
Try and get to know him. Hang with him. Familiarity is a good way to start a romantic relationship. All my partners have been good friends before they were love interests.

And wow, I really hate zero tolerance policies like that.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

momonim

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:06 pm
Blackrose_Knight
momonim
Blackrose_Knight

Try and get to know him. Hang with him. Familiarity is a good way to start a romantic relationship. All my partners have been good friends before they were love interests.

yeah, i'm going to attempt that since we have a couple mutual friends.

me too, that officer is so bad. it's not that he suspended the guy i fancy but he also obviously flirts with girls at my school ..... it's really weird ~ ~  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 pm
momonim
Blackrose_Knight
momonim
Blackrose_Knight

yeah, i'm going to attempt that since we have a couple mutual friends.

me too, that officer is so bad. it's not that he suspended the guy i fancy but he also obviously flirts with girls at my school ..... it's really weird ~ ~

Total *****: "Hello?"

???: "Why don't you have a seat with me?"  

Bigbadbo3

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas