Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
someone take my phone away from me.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 am
Never send text messages when you're tired. =.=

Okay, so I sent my mom a text last night that pretty much said "and I'm not exactly heterosexual, you know," and now I feel like a giant idiot and I really wish I hadn't sent that text.

So I pretty much then went on to tell her I'm asexual, and now I really regret it because she'll be "supportive" (read: extremely protective and not helpful at all), and I was tired and I'm really not comfortable with the idea of people knowing yet and holy s**t what did I do.

*breathes into paper bag*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am
Um, so are you nervous because you came out or.... what?  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:58 am
Onato

Because I was incredibly tired and didn't know what I was doing, because I'm not exactly ready to come out to anyone, my mom has a history of screwing things up, and I'm incredibly nervous because I came out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:02 am
Dancehall Hysteria
Onato

Because I was incredibly tired and didn't know what I was doing, because I'm not exactly ready to come out to anyone, my mom has a history of screwing things up, and I'm incredibly nervous because I came out.

Ah! Ok I understand now. Well, the best way to handle this situation is to just talk to her. Explain how you feel about coming out and what not. I've had my experience with sending awkward messages to people. Accidentally sent my ex bf "hey tiger" but it went to my mom >.> talk about awkward moment lol  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:06 am
Onato
Dancehall Hysteria
Onato

Ah! Ok I understand now. Well, the best way to handle this situation is to just talk to her. Explain how you feel about coming out and what not. I've had my experience with sending awkward messages to people. Accidentally sent my ex bf "hey tiger" but it went to my mom >.> talk about awkward moment lol
Okay, I'll try that.
XD Okay, that's pretty funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 am
Please pardon my unfamiliarity (I do not intend to offend anyone), but is there a "coming out process" for asexuals? If I was asexual I wouldn't think it would matter if anyone knew about it, but of course I have absolutely no experience in this position, and therefore my opinion is not valid.  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:38 am
Well, all I can think of is just telling your mother something along these lines:
"Mom, I appreciate it that you're so supportive of my asexuality, but I just want to let you know that I am an adult now (or will be an adult soon) so I don't really need you to protect and defend me as much as you did when I was younger. If any trouble or mocking comes my way, I can handle it because that's the way you raised me. And if I do need any help, I will ask you. Thank you for listening."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am
xXbelovedXxx
Please pardon my unfamiliarity (I do not intend to offend anyone), but is there a "coming out process" for asexuals? If I was asexual I wouldn't think it would matter if anyone knew about it, but of course I have absolutely no experience in this position, and therefore my opinion is not valid.
No harm done. ^^

It's pretty much like coming out if you're gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, etc. You pretty much just tell people in any way, shape or form (accidentally or not).

So, it's like any other coming out process, really.

And it matters for different reasons to different people. emotion_yatta

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 am
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Well, all I can think of is just telling your mother something along these lines:
"Mom, I appreciate it that you're so supportive of my asexuality, but I just want to let you know that I am an adult now (or will be an adult soon) so I don't really need you to protect and defend me as much as you did when I was younger. If any trouble or mocking comes my way, I can handle it because that's the way you raised me. And if I do need any help, I will ask you. Thank you for listening."
Gotcha. Thanks! ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 am
Dancehall Hysteria
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Gotcha. Thanks! ^^

No problem!  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash