Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Counter Protests Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am
Esiris
I think ignoring bullies encourages them- they think they can get away with it and since it doesn't treat the root cause of their behavior, it just keeps going.

User Image

I generally agree with this. Ignoring them might work if they're just being a bit immature or are picking on you out of what they think is good humour, but people who are genuinely bullying out of malice are likely to continue upping the ante until they get the reaction they're looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 am
Esiris
Dancehall Hysteria
Blackrose_Knight
Dancehall Hysteria
I'm actually wondering what would happen if people didn't pay any attention to people when they picketed, and acted like they weren't even there. Might be interesting.
I have been wondering that too. Like, just have some sort of event close to WBC but ignore them.

Edit: Like that South Park episode were Cartman thinks he is dead because everyone is ignoring him.

Yeah, just ignore them. Might be cool if they left faster because they weren't getting a reaction.
I think ignoring bullies encourages them- they think they can get away with it and since it doesn't treat the root cause of their behavior, it just keeps going.
True.  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:16 am
There have been protesters at A-Kon as of late.
First year I went back for A-Kon 21, Westboro came down to protest it.
This past year, a preacher from a local church had a megaphone, protesting in the courtyard.

Now, con staffers tell us to ignore said protesters or we'd get in heaps of trouble.
stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:56 pm
Oh those silly bad trolls again. rolleyes  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 pm
I'd simply put up a horrible troll sign

God heavily dislikes you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am
Seeking Librium
I remember when one of the "God hates ____" churches came to campus and the LGBT organization was doing a bake sale on the same day so they gave the bigots free cookies. One of the funniest moments of my life was when the bigots realized who had made the cookies and when they looked over at the table, a couple of the guys at it winked and waved flirtatiously at them. Even the campus police burst out laughing, it was a work of art.

Damn it, I wish they'd do another bake sale now...they made damn good cookies.
      rofl

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:54 pm
I would like to dress up like Bender from Futurama with a sign that says "Kill all humans".  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 pm
Prannke
I would like to dress up like Bender from Futurama with a sign that says "Kill all humans".
That would be awesome!!  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash