Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Local priest calls for Death Of the "gay race" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxxOki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 am
He's probably gay himself ...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm
Surprisingly, I'm not at all angry at this guy; I actually started to laugh a little. Sure he's nothing a deranged bigot who needs to take a class on proper English pronunciation. Maybe if he had added that "st" to the end of his against I would've taken him seriously.
Wabbajacked

My favorite quote about this issue was from Ghandi.:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

It's really not surprising as to why many sexual minority groups don't go to church or participate in an organized religion.

Bullet Sonata

DeanHavoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 am
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Click here for the video

]I don't wanna say anything..............this just makes me sick......
so what are your thoughts about this?
Just another hatemonger shouting crap really.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga

No, it's exactly like hitler. He put gays in fences just like the jews. It's funny how they can say they preach love, and go and say s**t like that.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 am
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Click here for the video

]I don't wanna say anything..............this just makes me sick......
so what are your thoughts about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUXDKnL4xGE&feature=player_embedded
It's okay though, we have Anderson Cooper. He's my hero emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm
Well if people look more closely, he's a baptist pastor and baptists are one of the more extreme branches of of christianity that hates everyome and thing not baptist. Alot of branches arent like this and its kind of upsetting me that eberyone is generalizing all of christianity like this. Really most christains arent like this. Its just that the louder ones get more attention cause they scream the loudest.  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

JezebelxRedfern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:59 pm
People like that are the reason no one likes catholics/christians/religious people.
I haven't been to my church in a year or two but I'm pretty sure it isn't like that. I have no idea what kind of people would follow someone like that. I only hope some of his congregation went home afterwards all 'WTH was that' and looked up other churches in their area.
All that aside that guy should not call himself a pastor he is passing his own words as God's message ('And he who lies in my name, shall choke on his own false tongue, and his poisonous words shall betray him'). They should take away his church and keep him away from people ( no i do not think that is going too far people like that should never be allowed to influence other people)

That (and i reined in a lot of unnecessary venting) is what I think about that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:05 pm
TheLostAngel-Mika

Be careful not to generalize. While I get your intent, my own mother is Baptist as is my Grandmother and that side of the family.

To say his beliefs are the reason why he's so hateful is a very narrow view. Most religions -- with exceptions like the West Borrow Baptists and select others -- do not preach or support hateful messages. Of course, this is the skewed view of religion in relation to sexual orientation.

Again, I understand what you meant, but just be more mindful of how you word things c:

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
TheLostAngel-Mika

Be careful not to generalize. While I get your intent, my own mother is Baptist as is my Grandmother and that side of the family.

To say his beliefs are the reason why he's so hateful is a very narrow view. Most religions -- with exceptions like the West Borrow Baptists and select others -- do not preach or support hateful messages. Of course, this is the skewed view of religion in relation to sexual orientation.

Again, I understand what you meant, but just be more mindful of how you word things c:

I apologize, I know a lot of baptists who are very open minnded. I was just trying to state not to judge all of chirstianity just because of a few loud-mouthed idiots like alot of people here are doing. I am catholic myself. I was raised catholic, I praise God and Jesus, I am bisexual, and it is seriously pissing me off how people are downright bashing christianity because of some lunatics.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 am
TheLostAngel-Mika

No apology necesary c:

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:27 am
OMG it is Hitler allllllllll over again !!!!!!! Lets pen them up and wait for them to die. WTF. He is just like Hitler in his closed mind thoughts. People like that scare me . It makes me think another holocaust is coming and this time instead of a mainly anti-Jew. It will be a mainly anti-gay. Sheesh people close your mouths and open your minds >
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff