UGH I HATE PELVIC EXAMS. tmi maybe idk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 pm
******** BY THAT DOCTOR.

i knew it was going to be a little uncomfortable because it was my first one and all BUT WHAT THE ******** THAT WAS PAINFUL

like it started hurting from the moment she put the speculum in, before she even expanded the thing. when she did expand it i was like OH GOD GET THIS THING OUT OF ME YOU ARE OPENING MY VAG NOT TRYING TO JACK UP A TRUCK. oh god it was just painful and i wanted it over.

AND THEN WHEN SHE PUT HER FINGERS IN ME WHAT IN THE ********. it didn't even hurt when she pushed up, but the fact that she had her fingers nearly in my STOMACH is what hurt so bad.

i swear to god as long as i am with the same partner i am never getting another one done EVER AGAIN. like i can't even go to a different doctor because i'm not comfortable with a male doctor doing that stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm
I felt the exact same way after my first pelvic exam. Walked like a cowboy for three days afterward. It was horrible. Not that it is wonderful now, but honestly girl doctors suck in that department. It's almost like they have an attitude of
"Suck it up b***h we all have to deal with this" and just ram it up in there.

It was a guy doctor that gave me the best tip ever. Place your hands under your bottom. It sort of tilts the pelvis upward making it more of a straight path to view your cervix. It makes it where they don't have to dig and tilt and move the speculum as much.

Guy doctors generally get into it for the babies. They aren't pervs trying to look up vajays for the rubs. They are very much so intent on the delivery of a healthy infant and keeping mom safe in the process. The pelvic exams are a necessary evil of the job (and they tell horror stories of filthy women who come in for routing exams full of stink so you sort of feel bad for them when you get to know them LOL).

I'd say stick to your guns about that last doctor and never go back to her. And next time you have to go, interview and make sure that gyno has a reputation for being gentle. Good luck.  

Arianah

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 pm
Arianah
I felt the exact same way after my first pelvic exam. Walked like a cowboy for three days afterward. It was horrible. Not that it is wonderful now, but honestly girl doctors suck in that department. It's almost like they have an attitude of
"Suck it up b***h we all have to deal with this" and just ram it up in there.

It was a guy doctor that gave me the best tip ever. Place your hands under your bottom. It sort of tilts the pelvis upward making it more of a straight path to view your cervix. It makes it where they don't have to dig and tilt and move the speculum as much.

Guy doctors generally get into it for the babies. They aren't pervs trying to look up vajays for the rubs. They are very much so intent on the delivery of a healthy infant and keeping mom safe in the process. The pelvic exams are a necessary evil of the job (and they tell horror stories of filthy women who come in for routing exams full of stink so you sort of feel bad for them when you get to know them LOL).

I'd say stick to your guns about that last doctor and never go back to her. And next time you have to go, interview and make sure that gyno has a reputation for being gentle. Good luck.

well there are only 2 gynos in town; my gyno (the female), and a male doctor. family doctors can also do pelvic exams but my doctor is also a dude. i have a MASSIVE issue with dudes in general so i really am not comfortable seeing a guy so as of right now and in the future pelvic exams are a NOPE.

but if guys are mostly in it for the aliens then i may as well not take up a patient spot of a women who wants a child since i am a) 17 b) mostly infertile c) i would probably slaughter my child within a week of having it.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that she made me bleed and 4 days later i am still bleeding from the exam neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 pm
Yeah, that's normal. They scrape off your cervix and since it's so vascular many people bleed.

Don't worry about finding a new gyno yet. You are in the clear for the next year at least LOL. Who knows what doctor's will be around then. You may even have access to travel a bit by then. I go about an hour for mine. I kind of have the same heebie jeebies about my family doctor checking out lady town. It's a bit to personal for a family doc. I'll wonder if the next time I go in for a head cold if they are simply seeing me as a big ole vajay instead. O.k. maybe my issues are worse than yours LOL but I get not wanting your fam. doc to do them.  

Arianah

breedney

O.G. Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:58 am
my gyno was way too rough the first time and i said something about it and now she's delightful and nothing hurts  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am
Arianah
Yeah, that's normal. They scrape off your cervix and since it's so vascular many people bleed.

i didn't get a pap smear. the lady just looked at me and was like YUP YOUR VAG LOOKS GOOD.  

paper giraffes

Arianah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:04 pm
Really? That's odd that they wouldn't at a routine visit. But o.k. If you are ovulating it may make you bleed too though. Don't stress the bleeding unless it doesn't stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:51 am
Arianah
Really? That's odd that they wouldn't at a routine visit. But o.k. If you are ovulating it may make you bleed too though. Don't stress the bleeding unless it doesn't stop.
I think they raised the age of pap smears to like 21 or something now.  

Tigga Hiccups

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 am
Tigga Hiccups
Arianah
I think they raised the age of pap smears to like 21 or something now.

This ^

I get my first pap when I'm 19 actually because you get them 3 years after the first time you have sex OR when you turn 21. My doctor isn't too concerned about it because I'm with the same partner as my first time.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 pm
they are super uncomfortable and painful in a way that is like....not EXTREMELY painful but it's a sort of pain that just makes me cringe just thinking about it

the pap is the worst though AH LET ME JUST SCRAP YOUR UTERUS HERE A LIL  

LeRaven

Arianah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 am
Things sure have changed. I feel so old.

When I first started having them it was 18 if you were a virgin or as soon as you became sexually active, and every year after that. I had a heck of a time talking my doctor out of it. Her argument is "sure he may be your only partner, but you don't know what he's doing behind your back". eek

I just. Ugh. I was so mad at her for daring doubt my husband. LOL

But I haven't had insurance in forever so I haven't had a pap done in years.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm
Arianah
Things sure have changed. I feel so old.

When I first started having them it was 18 if you were a virgin or as soon as you became sexually active, and every year after that. I had a heck of a time talking my doctor out of it. Her argument is "sure he may be your only partner, but you don't know what he's doing behind your back". eek

I just. Ugh. I was so mad at her for daring doubt my husband. LOL

But I haven't had insurance in forever so I haven't had a pap done in years.

"Guidelines from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommend that women begin Pap test screening at age 21, be screened every 2 years through age 30, and then be screened every 3 years as long as their last three test results have been normal."  

breedney

O.G. Smoker

Quaint Ethos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:21 pm
I know it sounds silly, but trying to be as relaxed as possible helps a lot.

ALSO, when I first started getting mine they used the medium sized applicator by default and it hurt like a b***h.

Now when I go, I make sure to ask them to use the small.

Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games