Help please? Relationship issues...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blackrosedarkness

Moonlight Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 pm
Okay so this guy has been one of my best friends for years. A couple years ago he said that he had feelings for me and he asked me out, of course after the date I told him that I guess didn't feel that way. It felt like I was hanging out with a friend, not on a date. A few days later he told me that he didn't feel that way about me anymore and since then he's had a couple of other girlfriends. Earlier today we were chatting on facebook and he says that he thinks that he really does feel that way about me and he wants to try again.

Now here's the problem with that. I don't like him like that, I only think of him as a friend. Also one of my other friends has a crush on him and it would break her heart if I statred going out with him. But I want to let him know that I don't feel that way without making him feel bad. Help please?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:30 pm
blackrosedarkness
Okay so this guy has been one of my best friends for years. A couple years ago he said that he had feelings for me and he asked me out, of course after the date I told him that I guess didn't feel that way. It felt like I was hanging out with a friend, not on a date. A few days later he told me that he didn't feel that way about me anymore and since then he's had a couple of other girlfriends. Earlier today we were chatting on facebook and he says that he thinks that he really does feel that way about me and he wants to try again.

Now here's the problem with that. I don't like him like that, I only think of him as a friend. Also one of my other friends has a crush on him and it would break her heart if I statred going out with him. But I want to let him know that I don't feel that way without making him feel bad. Help please?

Tell him that your kinda with this other guy and hook him up with your friend who likes him and if that doesnt work tell him your friendship is way to mazing for you two to start dating and then to break up and it end badly or that you dont want to be with anyone right now cus your trying to focus on your studies. or that u cnt cause your friend likes him and u dont want to hurt her cus she would never do that to you and we didnt work out at first and i love our friendship  

IIisuckatloveII

Dapper Smoker

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 pm
There really isn't much you can do so he doesn't feel bad. It's going to hurt no matter what you say because in the end you aren't going to be with him. It may make him hurt and make you feel bad if it does, but it has to be done because if you don't like him like that there really isn't any other options. Maybe mention your friend to him and how she feels? Unless she doesn't want you to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:55 pm
I agree with Yokies. If it helps, people can be fickle at times. He might not take it so hard, but you're the one who knows him and how sensitive you think he is as well as how genuine you think his feelings are. Of course, approach it lightly. You think of him as a good friend, and you love him in that way, but not romantically. You may also suggest, if you believe this to be true, that you are sure he will find someone in the future he deserves and that he's a great guy. It will be tough, but you'll be all right. You don't seem to be a person who would lead a guy on, and that would hurt worse.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

nerdtasticallyfun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 am
I'd say try to hook him up with your friend. It would too problematic if you went out with him, knowing that you dont feel the same way as he does. There might be times when you find yourself wondering what you're doing if you did go out with him. You can try to consider his feelings but regardless you can't please everyone. Do what is best for you.  
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games