Submit

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 pm
First off, I was pleasantly surprised to see how diverse this series's cast was. It actually felt like it was set in the USA or something. I also liked how normal everyone was. Some series have the people act stereotypical as crap, so that was appreciated and made things even better.

User Image

Now, onto the meat of this topic: Saito and Ben. I love these two! They're minor characters, but they leave an impression and they did important things. So, are there any other fans? Just say anything related to them. I'm not good at making up topics.

At first, I thought Saito was weird. He had promise, though, because he was a scientist, and in general, I love scientist characters. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! heart Then, Saito started talking and he was so, so, so hilarious! rofl Every time he opened his mouth, I laughed, sometimes to the point of tears! crying Those two aspects of him and how he is so proud of his work to the point where he's after Kotetsu to make sure everything works or to torture him...to prove that everything works...make him such an endearing character.

I was glad the crack theory about Saito being the dark Tiger was wrong. Psh! I think Saito would be loud if no one knew his identity, anyway, so saying it's him, because he's quiet was kind of sillers.

I wasn't expecting Ben to be a recurring character. I just thought he'd appear once and never again. He didn't leave all that big an impression in his first appearance, anyway.

Then, I read some crack theories about Ben being evil - to be more detailed, they said Apollon Media took Kotetsu's powers and that Ben was in on it - and I was, like, "I sure hope not." After that, he kept re-appearing and each time, a little more about him would be revealed.

When he rescued Kotetsu and said he never believed the bad news, I went, "******** yeah! ILU Ben!" inside. Outside, I just made strange noises and I tried to say, "I love you, Ben." sweatdrop redface  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm
I love Ben and Saito to the point where I almost ship them together! heart rofl  

Meia15

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Hi, Meia! Yay, another fan! I never thought of that 'til I saw the end. Those scenes really do look like shipping fuel.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:50 am
Tenko72
It actually felt like it was set in the USA or something.

Sternbild was said to have been based off of Manhattan, NY, so yeah...

On topic:

Saito amused me. I think his uber-quiet voice was a pretty unique trait. It definitely set him apart from other character who are simply "soft-spoken".
Ah, and when we discover he actually has no "indoor voice" and has a bit of a sadistic streak (can you blame him? He's a scientist!), he became all the more interesting.

Ben is also a cool guy. His design left an impression on me ("holy crap! A black guy that looks like... an actual black guy!"), but I was disappointed he had seemingly showed up just for the first episode. I was glad he came back as a game-changer (and acting opposite of Saito was just a bonus, lol)  

Barna Buns

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 am
Slackadaisical
Tenko72

On topic:

Saito amused me. I think his uber-quiet voice was a pretty unique trait. It definitely set him apart from other character who are simply "soft-spoken".
Ah, and when we discover he actually has no "indoor voice" and has a bit of a sadistic streak (can you blame him? He's a scientist!), he became all the more interesting.

Ben is also a cool guy. His design left an impression on me ("holy crap! A black guy that looks like... an actual black guy!"), but I was disappointed he had seemingly showed up just for the first episode. I was glad he came back as a game-changer (and acting opposite of Saito was just a bonus, lol)
That's awesome! They succeeded then. It seems just like the place my sister and her friends told me about. I've never been to New York, so I can't comment that much about it.

Every time Saito did that little laugh of his, I laughed so hard. I do feel bad for Kotetsu, but Saito's treatment of him is just so sadistic and awesome all at once. I also really like the scene near the end where he gets mad about "Kotetsu" using the black suit.

Yes, just yes. biggrin

Your signature made me laugh BTW. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 pm
Tenko72
Slackadaisical
Tenko72

On topic:

That's awesome! They succeeded then. It seems just like the place my sister and her friends told me about. I've never been to New York, so I can't comment that much about it.

Every time Saito did that little laugh of his, I laughed so hard. I do feel bad for Kotetsu, but Saito's treatment of him is just so sadistic and awesome all at once. I also really like the scene near the end where he gets mad about "Kotetsu" using the black suit.

Yes, just yes. biggrin

Your signature made me laugh BTW. rofl

lol, I've never been to New York either. I live at least 2 hours from it and ... goodness, I could have went to NYCC. *facepalm*

Well, Kotetsu was generally mistreated by nearly everyone, but... xDD
Saito's "laugh" was pretty darn epic, lol

Whoo for yes!

And thanks. xP
It was initially going to be "it's exactly what it looks like" but I wanted to troll peoples minds. ;]  

Barna Buns

tadpolily
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:50 pm
I love those two characters.  
Tiger & Bunny

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items