Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] So curious. ( Cadhla and Luminary)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm
The players:
Luminary
Cadhla

User ImageUser Image

This was started on AIM but will be continuing here.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:20 pm
She poked her head through a bush and her magenta eyes widened in her bright face as she gawked up at a very large very BLUE stallion. She cheeped in surprise " OH!, wahhhh hello! you startled me!" She smiled up at him, relieved he hadn't been anything mean

Blinking, he looked down at the little filly who poked through the bush. "Hello there.. I didn't mean to frighten you any.." He offered a small friendly smile. Lowering his head, he eyed the filly with a calculating look. "Where's you mother? are you lost or have you just wandered off?"

Luminary blinked up at him and wiggled her nose " hehe, no, it's ok! i set myself up for that" She peered back over her shoulder and a look crossed her face " well i HAVE wandered a bit farther than normal, but my mom's off seeing my gramma~ i'm looking after my sis, but she's sleeping with daddy, so i dont have to worry much." She peeped up at him, " i think i'm old enough to be out of the nest"

Cad chuckled lightly. "Well.. so long as I didn't scare you too much.." His head canted off to the side as she mentioned a nest though. "You sleep in a nest? Like a bird??" This was a first.. He'd always slept in a den when not sleeping under the stars or under an outcrop of stone when he was wandering around looking for new materieals.

She beamed up at him " nope, it's not so bad, you're not scary or anythin, you're very pretty actually, i've never seen someone so...blue!* giggles lightly " yes! a nest! but it's not in a tree or anything, it's sized for us, and on the ground." Chuckles " like ground hens!"

He couldn't help but to arch a brow at being called pretty. his sister had often said he was pretty enough to fancy males though it had been a flop for a joke from him. Shaking his head some, he was having a harder time wrapping his head around the fact that the filly slept in a nest.. did that mean all winged soquili used nests? "I'm not as blue as my uncle..." He smiled trying to keep his mind from wandering off topic for too long. "Tell me little one.. do all winged soquili live in nests?"

Luminary tilted her head at him and wiggled her nose " Uhmmmmm...i dunno actually, i haven't met any other winged ones" she smiled " But i dont think so, gramma thinks it's silly~ she doesn't do the nest thing, she doesn't have any wings." She giggled " Daddy thinks it's silly too, but he helped mom make the nest anyway~ she calls my sister n i her little chicks. Like real birds."

The fact that the filly's mother seemed to be the only one making a nest and finding it normal gave him the impression that perhaps there was something... off about the mare. Shaking the thought from his mind, he stowed that pbservation aside. "I see, Well... Forgive me my rudeness.. I forgot to introduce myself now didn't I?" He gave a light hearted chuckle. "I'm cadhla.. though you can call me Cad if you like."

She laughed musically, almost a trill " my great grandma doesn't even talk really, it's all cheeps n chirps~ i dont understand her as much as mom or gramma" She fluffed her little wings " AH! i'm sorry, me too!" She scuffled a purple hoof " Nice to meetcha Cadhla, i'm Luminary~!! but you can call me Lumi for short ifya want ^^"

Giving a nod he offered a smile. "I see.. that's quite a quirk.. though I suppose it could be worse. It's a pleasure meeting you Lumi." Ge glanced about some, the ribbon attached to the rose fluttering in his mane ad his head moved. "Say.. you wouldn't happen to have seen anything useful for binding laying around would you? Like string or corde or vine.. anything really..."

Lumi blinked at the rose stuck in his hair that seemed to me just the color of his mane, she wondered how on earth he'd found such a pretty one! Lumi particularly liked flowers~ Her mom said she really took after her. " Uhmmm, i think there are lots of viney things around, but they're not very attractive looking, stuff is getting all dead and cold around here." She frowned daintily, my first Fall."

"Astetics aren't what I'm going for to be honest.. it's more their usefulness that i'm concerned with." He chuckled lightly once more. So this would be a decent placeto get vines.. He made a mental note of it before turning his full atention back on Lumi. " Fist falls are exciting.. though.. the can be quite boring if you ask me.. though not nearly as boring as being held up in the den by your mother not allowed to go out and adventure in the snow unless she was around..."

She wrinkled her little brow thinking about it " Uhmmmm, maybe the creeper vines for the winter roses would work? they're kinda strong, tough to get offa your hooves!" She blinked owlishly at him " well i guess so...Though i dont have a "den" Momma likes to keep me in the nest." She puffed her cheeks " i'll be grown up soon, no room for me n the nest!" She laughed brightly

Cad couldn't help his own chuckle. "Time flows so quickly.. I'm sure it'll seem like no time has gone by and you'll be grown. Then I'm sure you'll find your own way in life. much like I am to my inventions you too will find something to do maybe even make a nest all your own."

Luminary peeped up at him " what're inventionz?" she questioned, i dunno what i'll like...She looked down at her little purple hooves " But i better find out soon, mum says i'm growin like...like a weed!" She giggled " Dad and my sister are both sleepy durin the day, so mom doesn't comment on em as much"

He gave a knowing smile as she asked about inventions. "Well.. an invention is something that you come up with to be useful or entertaining.. they're something that no one else has made before and unique only to your abilities.. so really.. an invention can be anything new." He hoped that that made it easier for the filly to understand rather than to be spouting out the technicalities of inventions and such. He'd always been a bright stallion.. even when he'd come from his basket he had had the urge to make things out of nothing and yet everything. His mind was always calculating... working on problems and solutions to do what he wanted to do above all things, tinker.

She blinked at him but slowly nodded, understanding. " Oh i see! that's nifty" She beamed at him " i like to make things outta leaves, pretty things, they're not really useful, but maybe i could make somethin like that" She chuckled " an invention" She wiggled her little tail " Mum says i'm pretty smart too!" she cheeped brightly

He grinned lightly. "You know, when I was about your age. I made a set of gliding wings for my sisters to use so as to experience flight.. it was my first real invention and took me a long time to get it figured out."

She gaped up at him and squeaked " REALLY~!? wow, that sounds cool!" She blinked, thinking " i never thought o that...mom can't fly, she's got wings, but theyr'e too small..." She fluffed her own " dunno..." She let that hang there, her sister and her both had wings, but it was possible she's never get to fly.

He nodded with a grin. "Yes.. but mind you they don't work as actual wings.. they just mimic the feel when you jump from someplace tall.. and now that we're grown... they no longer support out weight.. not even the smallest of us who really looks like a midget next to myself, other sister and father.. she took after my mom and her side of the family... very short and dainty looking..." He mused.

Luminary peered up at him " Yeup, you're really really REEEEALLY big" She chirped " i'm just a filly, so i dunno, size is re-re-...." she screwed up her face " Relative...yeah" She smiled up at him " my sister is a little smaller than me, but we'll see what happenes when we grow up ^^ families are fun that way"

He gave a small chuckle. "Yeah.. I am rather large... though I'm sure that when you get older you'll be just the right size. You know.. the one you're meant to be." He gave a sage nod.

Luminary wiggled flicked one ear to the side, "mum says it doesn't matter, but Daddy is a flutterbug, he's very small for a grownup! I'm both, though sis looks like it more than i do! " She stretched out her feathered wings " i look more like mommy~"

Cad smiled. "I see.. my mother's small enough to be a flutterbug as you call them... though she's only half ceryeni.. and half of the normal breed you know the ones that have no wings at all and don't look like deer.. my grandfather looks very deer like.. just like my mother only... bigger."

She looked up at him and her eyes fairly sparkled with all the new info " i've never seen anyone like that!, I hope when i get big i'll be able to explore and meet all sorts of interesting folks!" She cheeped excitedly

He nodded some. "I'm sure you'll mee all kinds... the world is very vast and there are always new breeds to meet out there you never know what might pop up."

She played about the leaves and giggled " oh good~!! i cant wait~!! Mom says i'm a chick but i dont wanna be a chick, i wanna be a grown up tooo~ so i can leave the nest fer real~!"

Cad looked rather amused. "In time.. you will be.. but for now.. enjoy being a filly.. er chick..." He shook out his mane with a slight chuckle.

Luminary smiled up at him " oh i do, i just wanna see more and not have to worry about things eating me up! haha, well mom worries more about that than me..."

Cad chuckled lightly. "Mothers tend to do that.. though there will always be that worry of comething trying to eat you.. just because you get older it doesn't mean you can toss all caution to the wind.. it just means you're more capable of handling the situation."

Luminary wrinkled her brows in concentration " oh...well i suppose so...but when you're bigger most things wont gobble you up...right?" she looked up at the big stallion ,her magenta eyes like saucers. She had never done well with scary things

Cad thought for a moment. "I suppose an adult makes for a worse prize than a foal.. the smaller predators would be ditered but the larger ones.. really won't they'll just try to be sneakier about it and wonder if they can pull it off without injury.. you see.. the more you fuss and fight the more they risk injury and if a predator's injured they can't hunt and if they can't hunt.. it spells out their inevitable doom." He'd gone off on a logical explanation without really meaning to.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 pm
Luminary gawked up at Cadhla, her ears halfway to flat at the idea of some big beastie trying to eat her all up, no matter what size you were, that would be unsettling. " I-i dunno...i'd still rather be bigger than itty bitty." She quailed, puffing her cheeks out.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 pm
"I guess size doesn't count for much though.. I mean.. there are such tiny animals that can be so mean that even the large predators stay out of their way...." He gave a small shrug and flicked his ears lightly.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 pm
She wrinkled her nose " i guess that's true, there are some very nasty little fox types that live near the nest." She stuck out her tongue " they make off with our food sometimes and n** at our heels if we get too close to their burrow." She thought about it for a second " but i suppose they're not really all that bad...Mom takes care of em ^^"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 pm
"Yes.. foxes can be rather rude some times.. not as rude as those little mice who scamper off with your twine though." His ears flicked back for a moment. " Just be yourself little one.. And be cautious.. I'm not saying you have to live in constant fear.. just... use you head to make god calls." He gave a sage nod.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces