Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Can anybody help me with Pokémon Colluseum?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anderceus

Witty Millionaire

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 pm
Hi to everyone kind enough to possibly help me out with that old Game Cube game, Pokemon Colluseum. I beat Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness before I even new there was a prequel!
Back to the point, I can't snag Suicune!
Anybody have any tips?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 pm
can't as in cant find or can't as in no matter how many times you try it just dont go?  

Xilo The Odd

Anderceus

Witty Millionaire

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 pm
Xilo The Odd
can't as in cant find or can't as in no matter how many times you try it just dont go?

No matter how many Pokéballse I throw at it, it doesn't get snagged! I keep on chucking 'em at it until it wipes out my team.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:40 pm
Tegami Bachi Scout
Xilo The Odd

No matter how many Pokéballse I throw at it, it doesn't get snagged! I keep on chucking 'em at it until it wipes out my team.
just keep goin, its a pain in the butt like any other legendary, having a steel type in the team might help, resistant to ice so yeah. if you got sokemon you can send from emerald, metagross or magneton are decent choices.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:44 am
It must just be like catching legendaries in any other game. They're really too much of a hassle to catch sometimes. Just stock up on Ultra Balls, and make sure you put it to sleep or, if you can, freeze it. Freezing it makes it four times more susceptible to capture, while sleep makes it two times. Lower the health, and then just be patient.

When you run out of Ultra Balls, try other random balls you have in your bag. I caught Mewtwo with a Pokeball, and I've seen other Pokemon caught with balls that didn't have any correlation to the Pokemon at hand, like Ho-Oh with a Love Ball (Ho-Oh doesn't have a gender). Keep on trucking. That is, if it being stubborn is the problem. I haven't played the game to know if you have to do something special or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:44 am
Alternate approach: Don't even bother. Suicune isn't that great.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm
dex data dude.

but yeah, sleep or para should be easier, freeze would definently help, and fish is right, any pokeball will work at some point, i've been stuffin everything i catch in luxury balls in black, they look cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:16 am
Believe it or not, with the 3 legendary dogs, I at one point decided f*ck it and threw an ultra ball without even attacking. Suprisingly, it worked. For all 3  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:33 pm
however small, every throw has a chance to catch em.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm
Last I checked, freeze and sleep were the best status effects for catching. Also use better balls, lower their HP, etc. Maybe get false swipe if you can?  

Waynebrizzle

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:19 pm
yeah, falseswipe is a great tool, once you got a pokemon up to a high level and he has that move, it's really all you ever need, then get someone out there with hypnosis, thunderwave, or any spores, and it will be yours. just dont poison. Mr. Ick says poisons are bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 am
Net balls.

If you have a GBA and the GC to GCN link, trade over some Net Balls.

Net Balls get all the bitches.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 pm
thats actually a reasonable idea for suicoon.

that ******.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff