View Results

Infernal Lagamorph

Hilarious Genius

5,450 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:56 am
Soooo I haven't been on gaia in two years... gonk . Naturally, the FIRST THING I wanted to do when I logged on was to check out the Nintendo Cult!!! I was extremely surprised to find no topics on the Wii U...I was expecting some kind of IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME OMGGG or THIS THING SUCKS, NINTENDO, WTFF war....I would really like to hear some Cultie opinions smile .

Are you excited for it, and are you considering getting it? Or do you believe that it will be the next Virtual Boy?

Personally, I think it's kinda cool...I found it even cooler when Sakurai announced possibly a 3DS/Wii U Smash Bros. After he finishes up Kid Icarus of course. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm
To me, it's a giant non-portable DS.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm
It's certainly interesting. As always with Nintendo, I'm excited to try out their new ideas with the new hardware and all its capabilities, but as of yet, we haven't seen much to go off of to get a good opinion on it. It certainly is a strange step though, and they don't seem to be moving from red to blue ocean this time, it's more like red to... reddish blue.

We'll see. It does seem to be a lot like the DS though, which is another interesting point to think about, because the DS was a pretty social gaming device, or at least, that's how Nintendo tried to portray it, and with the 3DS, you can't really watch a game over someone's shoulder and get the same experience. Maybe the Wii U is to help link DS and Wii players? Who knows. All I know is that I want to try it, and I want to get my hands on that controller to see all that it can do. It's hard for companies to make experiences like we can't even imagine, but Nintendo did it with the DS, the Wii, and the 3DS for me already. I'm interested to see what Sony and Microsoft do next.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm
well to be fair all our wiiu topics happened in the E3 thread, as bot much was released on it other than:

better than Wii
controller
the gimmick software i.e. looking around to look around etc.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:34 pm
Not really as interested in the input device as I was with the Wii, but I don't think it looks uncomfortable either. I just want to see the games they're making for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm
I can't not be excited for new hardware but they have a lot to prove with that device. It all rides on that controller. If it's not as big of a deal as I hope, then I can't see it doing too well. Developers and gamers like raw power, and the Wii U will be eclipsed real quick.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

DivineDragonTiki

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 pm
From what I've seen the Wii U doesn't look that bad, I just hope it stays that way. Even if it ends up bombing I don't think it will be as bad Virtual Boy was.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:30 pm
the cool thing about the touch screen though is the potential for LOTS of extra buttons as well, you could prolly use it for armored core.  

Xilo The Odd

Infernal Lagamorph

Hilarious Genius

5,450 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:48 am
Yeah, at first I thought it was just going to be a huge DS. I didn't even know it was meant to be a console, until I read more about it.

I think that what Nintendo is shooting for is a console that communicates/connects with the 3DS, while at the same time attempting to make a completely new experience for gamers. It was also mentioned that the Wii was for "casual gamers" and the Wii U will be more for "hardcore gamers." How they're planning on doing that, I have no idea.

Another thing to think about is the fact that it's supposedly being released sometime in 2012...and isn't Microsoft allegedly announcing a "new system" at E3 2012?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm
I'm hoping MS and Sony both announce something next E3.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Infernal Lagamorph

Hilarious Genius

5,450 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:15 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I'm hoping MS and Sony both announce something next E3.

As am I, however I worry about how Nintendo will compete with them. I'm expecting badass stuff from those guys. But...my allegiance is with Nintendo sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 pm
a good example, the wii-u has the pontential to be a hardcore system cause it coul compress THIS into this  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:51 pm
I still want that controller.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
we all do. its every gamers dream to get one.  

Xilo The Odd

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff