Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
This douche bag at Chipotle

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

finfageek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm
He just HAD to be smiling at me and such. He just HAD to be fakely friendly to us, and he just HAD to give subtle hints. I feel like I'm misreading things, but I don't know. I couldn't tell if he was generally a very smiley person, or if he was just smiling at ME. He came over and cleaned some high chair a baby had previously used, and asked us if we were enjoying our food. Then, as we were leaving, he happened to be there, bidding us a good day. I have no idea if he's just a damn good customer service rep, or if he, again, was just finding another reason to smile at me. Guh.

I'm just so used to being attracted to straight guys, that I'm just not bold when I think I'm being flirted with. (It probably didn't help that my mom and her boyfriend were sitting by me xD) But anyway...

Am I misreading something? Or do you think he was actually semi-flirting? Hellllp D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 pm
It could be for a variety of reasons.

Honestly... It's best not to gather hints from people while they're at work. If anything, they're simply trying to do their job. Was he flirting with you? Maybe~? I don't know, and neither will you. But if you really want to know, then go back to that restaurant [hopefully when he's on shift], and see if he's performing similarly to before. Besides that glimmer of luck, I suggest you focus on people outside of work life.

I've always hated the phrase 'curiosity killed the cat.' If that were true, then we wouldn't have the wheel.

Go balls-to-the-walls [metaphorically speaking, I hope]!  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

finfageek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm
lgtenos
It could be for a variety of reasons.

Honestly... It's best not to gather hints from people while they're at work. If anything, they're simply trying to do their job. Was he flirting with you? Maybe~? I don't know, and neither will you. But if you really want to know, then go back to that restaurant [hopefully when he's on shift], and see if he's performing similarly to before. Besides that glimmer of luck, I suggest you focus on people outside of work life.

I've always hated the phrase 'curiosity killed the cat.' If that were true, then we wouldn't have the wheel.

Go balls-to-the-walls [metaphorically speaking, I hope]!
And what do you mean by "outside of work life"?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:35 am
Basically don't look for people flirting while they're working. Cuz he may have just been showing courtesy to the customers. *shrugs*  

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

SkyCore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:24 am
I feel your pain dude... I think my Gaydar is broken. Some of my straight friends set it off, or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

sigh, i need some gay friends so I can stop crushing on all my straight friends...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 am
Silver Sage-General
Basically don't look for people flirting while they're working. Cuz he may have just been showing courtesy to the customers. *shrugs*

This.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

finfageek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm
LOLOLOL UPDATE ON THIS SITUATION!

My friend that works there says he likes going to his gay neighbors' house and making cupcakes with them...and get drunk with them. So he might be gay xD (Doesn't necessarily say he will be...but eh)

But she also says he's really weird...in a bad way. She's a good judge of character, so I dunno...xD But yeah. I'd still try, I suppose.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games