Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"No, Im sure I determine My sexuality thank you..."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:37 pm
So, a friend-of-mine's sister is trying to convince me that because I had a cover up (before I was out I had a relationship with a girl so people wouldn't think anything) and That I like guys that I'm Bisexual.

... neutral Yea no, thats not how it works out. I think its mostly because she had a crush on me at one time.

Aaany who, anyone ever have a friend try to convince you that you were another orientation? I'm sure they have, but still...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:42 pm
Yeah. I have. They kinda make me
mad. But not because I was angry,
per se. It was more like... why does
it honestly matter to you WHAT I
am? Don't you like me regardless?
I just learned after that day that I
really knew who my friends were, and
they weren't it. Because my besties know
who I am, and could honestly give a flying
s**t WHAT I am. :3

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..

Aesuna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:50 pm
Of course, parents and grandparents. "You're confusing yourself. You have girls as friends, so you like them a lot and confuse that as love." Oh, yeah? I have guys as friends, too. I'm not at all interested in them in the way that I am towards women. Thank you for your concern, but I think I can take it from here. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:56 pm
Someone in my color guard (also an awesome friend lol) is gay but this creepy girl that's also on the team (my enemy also) said that she was going to turn him "straight" so she can date him. I felt sooooo bad for him. The hole guard did (no one likes her cause shes evil)  

Sleepless Scholar

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:42 am
no me personally but all my friends and coworkers tried to convince me my bisexual ex boyfriend was gay because he cheated on me with a boy and a girl. i really wished i understood the logic they used for that one confused

my best friend kept bringing it up and kept bringing it up and i finally exploded on her becasue i found it offensive that someone couple be bi even if they screw with both sexes. this was before i came out to her. im sure if she had know im bi she wouldnt have kept teasing me about it  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 am
Well all my gay guy friends hit on me trying to tell me I'm gay or bi. Though I don't know why they think that I'm "in the closet". I want a wife and 3 kids. Just because a lot of my friends are gay and I'm in the GSA club at my school doesn't mean I'm gay.  

Joeytastic

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • First step to fame 200

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 am
HAte it when people do that. Currently, I'm out to like 2. The first one took it pretty well but the second one...not so much. Shes trying to convince me that I'm straight. Its because she had(and I think still does) a crush on me. Meh, she'll get over it sooner or later. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:52 pm
yeah the girls in my class are telling me i'm bi because apparently i have a crush on a guy i don't have a crush on who happens to be one of my best guy friends (WHAT THE HELL???)  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm
I've had a somewhat similar situation; my sister's best friend (who is now one of my close friends, too) had a crush on me, because she likes long hair. I was too stupid to realize it at first, though. Anyway, when she found out that I was gay, she kept on asking, "Are you sure you're not bi?", so much so that I had to double-check myself. XD But she wasn't being too rude about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 pm
x.x Dude its why I stay away from my family. Well I mean I'm bi now but that's a recent decision. When I was just gay, every time I was around them all I heard was "Dustin you need a good girlfriend who'll set you right." or "You're just confused. Go to church with us."

Lol its funny when these same people complain about my long hair and how I need to cut it. (Btw I luuuuuv my hair.) and will say "Boys don't like boys with long hair."

My reaction '...Wait what?'  

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Amaterasu Nisshoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 pm
sweatdrop lolz welll....one timeee, my mom thought it would be cool to try and convince me that im NOT bi. she told i had to choose either or....heh
yeah...didnt work she ended up exploding and calling me a greedy b***h...so i left the house and spent the week with ma friend...really pissed her off biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm
Before when I was lesbian two of my male friends kept going on and on about how they'd "******** me bisexual". They were seriously moronic enough to think I would sleep with them and to think they're so good in bed they could get me in bed and make me like guys. =.=
Heh, one went as far as drugging me to get me in bed then got what he deserved when I woke up- luckily before anything bad happened.. burning_eyes Well, both of them tried the rape way to making me bisexual. Just neither got what they wanted. Sooo not my friends anymore! >.<
All they had to do was wait for my current, male, lover and they would have known he's the only one to make me a lesbian with a guy in bed. I know, confusing, but the more I think about it I'm still a lesbian that fell for only one guy so that doesn't make me bi in my mind anymore. Since the start of this post I figured that out.
Strange, I know. xd

Elapsed Dreams

Distrustful Dog

13,725 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 am
I have had people tell me that I can't possibly be trans because I don't dress male enough which is rubbish. I have plugs in my ears and I have an orbital along with a vertical labret piercing. Because of this, I get that I am not male enough. It's pathetic that I have to prove myself as male by the way I dress. don't really get what "living like a man is" anyway. I get up, look for something clean, throw it on and leave. I have short hair, I dress like a guy, I talk like a guy, act like one so wtf? I also hate it when I have a deep voice and I get called "dear", "ma'am", "miss" or "ladies". The last one usually happens when I'm with my gf or out with my mom. When I'm with my dad, I don't get that.

I also have had morons tell me I'm not bisexual (I'm more pansexual but whatever. So few people understand that). Oh no, you aren't bisexual because you dated a woman for so long. Pfft, yeah, whatever. I hate it. I hate it so much. I like a person for who they are, not for what's in between their legs. I wish people would stop telling me what I am and what I'm not.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games