Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:49 am
Barraccus wanted him to be a slave. He wanted to be the giver of pain, and the one that allowed it to be gone from him. Karloff could not deal with that. He could not accept that he would be pushed into this...this monster!

But as his words spilled over him, he realized how true they were. The look on his father's face as he banished him. He imagined that look on faces he did not know until in his mind, every face wore the same horror and disapproval. Was there really much choice left? Was becoming a monster, a tool all that there really was of life? And then when Barraccus tired of him, he would be disposed of. What kind of life would he have really?

Nothing but borrowed time.

But if he couldn't escape. If no one would care for him or allow him to be sane and normal, there was another route. What if he pushed all feelings aside? What if he pushed himself under and forced himself to become like Barraccus? He would at least be free of Barraccus in the end, maybe even greater than him...Then it wouldn't matter how anyone looked at him because he wouldn't care.

All of these thoughts swirled around in his mind as he was pushed into the cave waiting for daylight. He had the distinct feeling that his humanity was already gone.

Karloff's mind surfaced again. How wrong he had been. His humanity had never left, his pain had overwhelmed him and even made him consider that it would be better not to feel--but that was not the absence of humanity, it was the presence of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Barraccus followed his new protégé into the cave and settled down in the mouth. Stretching his sinuous form across its length, he slowly lowered his head to rest upon bloody forepaws as he gazed across the chamber at the colt. "I will sleep now, and you may wish too as well." He suggested in a deceptively gentle tone, "In the past my guests have been known slip away during my slumber, and without so much as a 'toodle-oo' for my selfless efforts on their behalf, can you imagine? It was my own careless inattention I suppose, but that sort of inconsiderate behavior tends to make me quite irritable, and I often make.... hasty decisions when I finally track them down again... So this time I have opted to do away with the temptation. Your life is much too valuable to me for the time being, I simply can't allow you to take that sort of risk with it."

"Now I am the door as you can see, and escape is quite impossible. Rest now, little one, and sweet dreams. We have a long journey ahead."

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Tag!

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 am
[What choice had he but to try to rest?

But it wouldn't come, not really. Everytime his eyes closed the crimson would link behind his lids. He would tell himself it wasn't real, that it wasn't real...that it wasn't his mother's blood but inside he knew it was. And the footsteps that made his ears flick in anxiety were the sounds of his father coming home and he would have to lie to him again, and again. He would have to do anything to keep his father safe even if it cost him his soul.

So there he lay, not just a prisoner of the cave and Barraccus, but of his mind. He rattled at the bars of it, tried to break through...tried to imagine how he could escape or what he would do--but there was nothing but to wait and bid his time. He had to be patient...he had to be strong.

And somehow, somehow he drifted off into bloodspattered dreams.

Karloff remembered that night. He remembered the visions as if it was just yesterday. Sometimes at night they woudl come to him still, and he would watch them be painted before him unmoving. They did not terrorize him anymore--he knew they were the past, but they reminded him...they reminded him of Barraccus and his promise to come back.

What more had he forgot? What more did he need to remember to save his family?

Because he knew now that Barraccus was likely already planning an attack.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

The forest beyond the cave was damp and chilly, the ground soft, layered with decades of dead leaves, their rotting, musty smell billowed up to fill Barracus' nostrils with each long sensuous stride. Thick tendrils of fog drifted between the tree trunks and clogged the winding game trail that would lead them through this murky forest to the wasteland beyond.

Barracus gripped the ground with his ivory claws, his muscles coiled and clenched in a supreme effort to remain motionless. His prey was close, he could smell the filly's cloying scent, the thrumming of her hummingbird heartbeat was clearly audible to his sensitive ears. A terrible hatred that was almost tangible flowed from his golden eyes as he peered through the thick underbrush to the young female only a few yards away. He had ripped Karloff from sleep early that evening, impatient to be on their way back to his lair where he could begin to put the next steps of his master plan to bring purewalkers to power in the Kawani lands as they had been in the place where he had been raised. His homeland had been in the hands of his corrupt species for too many generations, the prey was weak and broken, the land wasted and parched from misuse. This land, however, was rich and teeming with life, it was a challenge worthy of his talents to depopulate and conquer it, and when the other soquili fell and he led his race into the power that was his birthright, he would finally live up to his father's legacy and exorcise himself of the hated voice of his mother, Mergha, whose voice haunted his dreams and taunted him in his waking hours.

Karloff, and those like him would be his instruments, after brainwashing them to his cause, they could move with much more anonymity through the lands than he himself could, bringing him more recruits for the hoard he would require.

Small animals, sensing his presence, were scarce and he was in too much of a hurry to hunt them down, the soquili kept their young close and often traveled in groups for safety defying his attempts to lure one away from the rest of the herd. Although he had feasted the previous night, he burned with a gruesome hunger that defied the simple needs of his flesh. She was small, no more than a morsel really but he would be sated far more by her terror and pain than by her blood.

"Bring her to me, Karloff." He ordered, a cruel smile teasing across his nightmarish visage, "Alive, then we can commence with your first lesson. In order to avoid the pain I can and will inflict upon you if you do not follow my orders, you will inflict it upon another. In time, you will learn the pleasure such power can give you, but for now, simple self preservation will serve my purpose nicely."

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 am
Karloff was still half-asleep, being drug out to hunt. He was terrified of what this would mean. Terrified of what he would be required to do. He moved along with Barraccus, struggling to keep up. He felt his whole body thrumming with his heartbeat. He couldn't do this.

Barraccus pointed out the filly as she grazed. She had no idea they were there. To warn her might cost him his life, to bring her to Barraccus would cost her hers. But what was his choice? He couldn't just stand there.

Slowly, he walked across the clearing. Her head came up and she smiled at him a moment, her face wrinkling as she took in the bloody clawed look of his face. He heard her voice, sweet and kind like his mother's asking him what was wrong.

He had to lead her away, tell her that his mother was hurt and could she help? That would bring her to Barraccus. But as she neared him and looked at him, he felt his heart flutter. Her eyes were the same colour as his mother. His resolve faded.

"Run, there's a purewalker," he whispered. Her eyes widened and she took off . He knew he wouldn't escape, but he hoped against all hopes that if he ran Barraccus would follow him and not her. So Karloff ran as fast as his legs could carry him in the oppossite direction, already feeling the hot breath of Barraccus coming after him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 am
Barracus had watched with feverish intensity as his unwilling protege slowly approached his oblivious victim. His eyes smoldering with an unholy excitement that seemed to burn brighter with each faltering step foreword. They narrowed as the two foal's eyes met and some sort of exchange occurred, the filly bolted.... And so did Karloff... In the opposite direction. Barracus was not all together surprised, Karloff was no purewalker, not even a Kalona, killing did not come naturally to him and Barracus had not had enough time with him to twist his natural impulses enough to suit his malign purposes. The filly had been more in the nature of a test, a small game to see what tactics would work best to force Karloff to accept his new calling. Clearly, self preservation was not a strong enough motivation. No matter, there were other options. He would have to be punished of course, if wouldn't do to let his little pet think that Barracus would ever tell him anything but the truth, trust would become the cornerstone of their relationship. When Barracus promised blood and pain, Karloff would know that he meant it.

Barracus slipped out of his place of concealment and loped after the fleeing colt, amusing himself by imagining staring into those blood red eyes as they glazed over with pain and fear. "Karloff!" He called out in a teasingly singsong voice, "Come out, come out wherever you are my pretty pet," he crooned, his own golden orbs glazing over as he gave himself over to the bloodlust.

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Tag <3

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 am
Faithofthefallen
TAG

Karloff felt his heart thumping harder and harder as he stretched out his legs to run. He knew that Barraccus would catch him, but for now he was free--and it was better to be free. He was going to enjoy every minute of it.

He could hear his name being called, and then he knew that his choice had been a good one. The filly would be alright, but he was going to pay--maybe even with his own life.

The fear spurned him on faster, but it was more than that--it was self-preservation, it was something in his heart that still remained good and true. He was running faster than he thought possible, but he knew that it was the end. He knew that he would never outrun him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 am

Barracus was in no hurry, after a few minutes he ceased ceased his unnecessary exertion and slowed to a leisurely trot. The richly pungent scents of fear and blood permeated the air where the colt had passed, coating the branched and leaves with both physical and chemical evidence of Karloff's passing. The little creature was clearly either too terrified or too inexperienced to even attempt to hide his trail or disguise his scent, so the use of his heightened senses was largely supplementary, an old habit. He simply followed the hoof prints and the broken trail blazed through the underbrush. The other residents of the forest were too cowardly to interfere with a purewalker on the hunt so they scattered before him like leaves in the wind, Barracus found that highly amusing. Had they simply thought to join forces against him, he would have no choice but to let his little ward escape unpunished... For now.

So close now, he could hear the crashing sounds as Karloff charged ahead, Barracus felt a sizzle along his nerves as the thrill of the chase permeated his consciousness. Muscles bunching under his silky brown coat, the purewalker threw back his head and let loose a savage howl as he directed his will inward, gripping the dreadful power that was his birthright and reveling in the painful melting sensation as his bones compacted and twisted down into the form of a coyote, thick glossy black fur spreading from the pelt draped across his back like a creeping disease until it covered his entire body. The coyote flexed his massive paws a few times and stretched before launching himself foreword with breakneck speed and effortlessly weaving between branches, over rocks and fallen trees until his quarry was in sight.

It would be so easy to leap foreword and wrap his heavy jaws around Karloff's skinny neck, dragging him down with his weight and ending all this foolishness... But he wanted something more meaningful than that small, effortless victory would have been, something much more satisfying. Barracus wanted surrender, he had big plans for this colt, and forcing his pet to surrender completely to his will would become a central part of that. Karloff needed to understand that he could never, would never escape, to resign himself to his fate. In time he would learn to accept it, embrace it, revel in the power it gave him. "Surrender Karloff" he called, "You'll never escape me, your fate was sealed the moment I entered that cave and nothing can save you from it. Surrender to it, to me, and you'll make it much easier on yourself in the long run."

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Tag!

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm
Faithofthefallen
Sorry it took so long! Feel free to injure him

The acidic taste of fear bit at the back of his throat. The rush of bile making him feel naseaous. Beads of sweat drift down his coat, leaving slick shiny spots on his pelt. Behind him, the slapping of padded feet shifts and morphs causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end.

Barraccus draws closer. Karloff pushes harder, his fear driving him--the need to escape and the knowledge that there may never be another chance. His muscles stretch, but it's not enough--he can feel the ground he's losing as Barraccus comes after him. He can feel the predatory gaze, and then the clear call ringing out.

He knew it was true, he wasn't going to escape. He was going to become a prisoner. He was going to die with Barracus without hope, or become something worse. He coudln't, wouldn't slow down and cave in to the stallion. He would run until his heart burst if he had to.

His legs pumped harder in futile effort even as he felt Barracus' breath on his heels.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:59 am

Barracus' golden orbs glowed with excitement as he narrowed the space between himself and the fleeing Karloff. The colt was quick he had to admit. Had he the stamina he might have been able to escape Barracus for a time, but as it was, the purewalker easily directed a burst of energy to his muscles and launched himself foreword in a graceful tackle dragging the foal to the ground, and rolling a few feet to disperse their combined momentum as heavy roots and fallen branches bit into their sides. Barracus came to his feet almost instantly, his silky pelt now dotted here and there with blood. He approached his prisoner deliberately, his movements captivatingly slow and unconsciously provocative despite the ominous look dancing in his eyes, glazed with equal parts pain and pleasure as a fierce throbbing radiated from his various wounds. A twist of his power and he now towered over Karloff at his full height, his body thrummed with the excitement of the kill as he continued to sidle closer, his mouth watering at the heady aroma of blood washing over him but beneath it all irritation bubbled in his stomach. Here he was, offering to take this pitiful excuse of a life under his wing to be molded and shaped into something stronger, more terrible and beautiful than he could ever achieve by his own merit and he was running. There would be pain or course, but pain was in its own way, a kind of pleasure. He had killed that worthless bit of flesh that had mothered him and driven away the foal's sire but now he could be free to embrace the darkness that was far more satisfying than anything he may accomplish in docile subservience to 'goodness' and 'the light.'

"I could kill you in this very instant." He growled through bared fangs, his claws snapping out to press against the base of Karloff's throat, drawing thick streams of blood as he slowly increased the pressure. "You would no doubt thank me, to be released from this sad existence... But I will not, not for some time yet, for I have a use for you. You will serve me, learn what I would teach you, and kill when I tell you. You will be the first of my recruits to bring forth a new era of darkness. You may not serve me willingly now, but corpse powder is simple enough to attain for one such as myself if Oyohusa will not comply. Perhaps we will curse you after all, no doubt that would increase your enthusiasm for my cause. It could even be that this is what the blood moon intended for you when it gave you this gift." His heavy paw suddenly drove up, forcing Karloff to look into his eyes. "No more running, my pet. I will not tolerate it. I know a thousand ways to cause you pain and none of them need end your life"

Nyx Queen of Darkness
No worries dearest! Life gets busy and lord knows I am well aware of how tricksy muses can be at times ^-^

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 am
Faithofthefallen
Tricksy Dirty hobitsses...XD Had to when you said tricksy. XD

Karloff's muscles burned, his body ached as he pushed himself forward--but it wasn't enough. The heavy weight of his captor knocked him flying, he felt the imprints of leaves, grass, branches, acorns, and anything else on the ground tearing into his flesh. Tink knicks and bruises smashed into his flesh. The pain dispersed all over his body, causing it to ache instantly. His mouth filled with the iron-like taste of blood.

It took moments to focus, and then he was looking up into the looming yellow eyes of Barraccus. Despite his efforts, Karloff shivered as the other towered over him. So this was it. This was the end.

He wasn't as scared as he thought, not that he was ready. But it wasn't quite as bad---all the aches and pains...would it be a relief like Barraccus' words suggested?

The claws raked across his flesh, ghastly red streaks painting his face as the blood poured in great gobs down his face. He could feel the deepness of them, the pain of the bite of his claws. If he survived this, the scars would remain a reminder for the rest of his days.

The words sank in, he wouldn't kill him yet. Maybe...if he bid his time, maybe...there would be a way out. But for now, he was tired of fighting. "I'll do what you say," his tired voice echoed.

Karloff hated himself for that weakness, but for now all he needed to do was survive.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 am

A lazy sated smile dancing at the corners of Barracus' mouth as he took a step back, pulling himself away from the killing edge as he regarded Karloff with unreadable eyes. "So you can learn after all." He stated simply, twisting around to glance at the cuts in his sides, they were minor, the bleeding had already stopped, and then casually lifting one paw to wash the blood from his claws with his tongue. He had felt something within the colt twist and snap in response to his violent treatment, Karloff's eyes were tired and filled with self loathing as he finally surrendered to his fate. Despite having achieved what he wanted from the foal, Barracus felt curiously dissatisfied, he had fought with everything in him to conquer his opponent's fierce spirit but now that Karloff had finally yielded, he was already starting to feel prickles of boredom itching up his spine. He himself had been brought to this point in the earliest stages of his life and he recognized that any further violence would prove futile for the present, Karloff was exactly where he needed to be. The colt was broken, malleable, and could now be reassembled into something much more suited to his purposes, still, this glossy eyed in-between phase was rather tiresome. Barracus had to hold back a sudden almost overwhelming compulsion to kill the foal immediately just to keep things interesting, but he swallowed the urge and leaned forward to caress his victim's face with one paw, "It will be easier now, dearest." He whispered consolingly although his eyes still danced malevolently, "After you are cursed, this pain and confusion will be but a memory, you will be stronger and your path will be clearer. The killing will come easier then."

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Haha yes! I am now reminded that I still need to watch the entire Hobbit movie. We watched it at midnight and I had woken up at 6am the previous morning, couldn't keep my eyes open...

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm
Faithofthefallen
We hadn't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but soooooooooon!

Karloff felt heavy. There was this creeping sensation of exhaustion filling his limbs, making them ache with what was happening. He was giving up and giving in to Barraccus, a part of him still warred against it--but largely there was no choice. Survival was key--he needed to give in, if even for just a little while...But part of him wanted to stay surrendered.

Would it really be so bad to forget? Would it be so wrong to not want to feel anymore? He could stop everything by taking on the curse. The pelt would make him forget, clothe him in it's evil and make him numb to everything. Right?

Nothing but a memory, would there even be a memory of the time before? He could see the pleasure in Barracus' eyes. The way he consoled him, and petted him like...well, a pet. "What happens now?" His heart pulsed quickly, anxiously but resigned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Barracus gazed at him with unreadable eyes as he considered their options. He would take the colt to the graveyard where it was said the foolish human shaman opened the gates into the underworld to free his kind. On the way they could capture a creature for Karloff to slay once cursed and then he would unleash the new evil on the world and laugh as blood flowed like water and glorious chaos and death spread through the lands.

He could have simply dragged the foal to his new fate kicking and screaming, but Barracus enjoyed breaking the mind as well as the body. His heart was as black as the pelt draped across his back and his sadistic pleasure at the pain of others knew no bounds. Killing the foal's mother had only been the first game. Everything since then yet another, but it was time to get down to business. His ruthless lust for destruction and brutal hatred of life demanded it.

"Follow me now, pet." He crooned with mock tenderness, "We have a ways to travel yet and there are things you must learn on the way..."

Nyx Queenof Darkness
So, not sure how you want to do this. He will not end up being cursed but I was thinking maybe we could just wrap this particular rp here with your post or mine, plot out the rest of their journey a little with the things you want to happen, and then pick it up with a rp where Karloff escapes before being cursed? Let me know where you want to head with it, as I'm not sure what else could happen between where we are now and that event. If you want an in between rp or something that would be cool too, I just feel like a fresh rp might spur the story forward.

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 pm
Fin

Open/Private Canon IC RP