Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:56 pm
I'm sad, but far more shocked at how she died. Ivory was an almost 3 year old rat. She had a mammary tumor. It had started to spread across her chest and to the other side. Since she was so old I opted to not have it removed.
It wasn't her old age that killed her (though I knew her time was coming) it was her tumor. It had split open, opening up her whole chest. I assume she bled to death or died from shock.
I was not there to see this; my dad told me about it. By the time he found her she was already dead. I'm pretty sure this is what killed her.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:29 pm
Very sorry to hear that.

Hope you're doing alright.  

pompoennetje

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:46 pm
I'm sorry that she passed. But honestly, if the tumor was big enough to split her skin open, she should have been pts before that could have happened. Its most likely her last few days were filled with extreme pain. As a pet owner it is your responsibility to make sure it doesn't get to that point...  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm
Whiskey On A Sunday
I'm sorry that she passed. But honestly, if the tumor was big enough to split her skin open, she should have been pts before that could have happened. Its most likely her last few days were filled with extreme pain. As a pet owner it is your responsibility to make sure it doesn't get to that point...
As a pet owner I came here to ask for advice a while back and was told to just leave it be since she was so old.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 pm
Sorry for your lost. I know Tumors suck. Tis what made me put Warrick down. since he had started picking at it and then with the vet treatment he had stopped eating and lost weight, I put him down.

If she was acting and doing every thing she normally did then you were right to just let her live out her days... I know it is what is going to happen to my three boys.. unless they show signs of being in pain, and let me know they are ready to go... I probably will let them die at home.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games