Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm
Today I went back to the farm to find that the first horse I ever lead and rode bareback was sold. I was comfortable with him because he was tiny. The kind of horse I could just jump off of instead of having to get down on a riding block.
It's rather hard for me to get comfortable around horses.
But I found myself getting comfortable with two horses today.
Nala (pronounced Nayla) and...Danala I think the other one's name was.
At first I wasn't completely stricken by Nala because she looked rather average. I admit, I fall for horses for their looks, too. But most of the horses I fall for I never really get to trusting because they're either rambunxious (sp?) or I never get a chance to interact with them.
But Danala was a gorgeous horse. At first I was just a little nervous around her because as I said most horses of the pretty variety seem to be unfriendly. Except Chai, the only horse I've ever really strongly bonded with.
We never got Danala out but she followed me around ruthlessly from her stall (I was in the next stall with my aunt and she kept following me wherever I went).
When we opened a little gate thing she poked her head right out and proceeded sniffing and all, enjoying some pets. She kept chewing on my jacket and normally this would make me nervous but it didn't.
Then we got Nala out to brush her. She had an injury so I was slightly nervous with her at first. But I was able to brush her and had confidence in doing so, and was not nervous. I was able to duck under her neck and usually with most horses this would also make me nervous.
Then I seemed to have another breakthrough after we put her into her stall again. Her and Danala's ...gate things were opened and I am usually nervous about 'disciplining' horses. I didn't really discipline them, but I had to push them back so they'd go back into the stall all the way so I could shut the gate.
Normally, I'd be incredibly nervous to do this but I was able to push them back into the stalls without fear.
I don't know if it was because I trusted these two horses or I'm just becoming slightly more confident. I'm still nervous around my aunt's horse though and other horses I don't really know.
Anyway, some pics.

Danala
User Image
Danala's eye..(photographic moment)
User Image
Nala:
User Image
Yes Nala is pretty but I seem to fall for the odder looking horses. Danala was grey with a black face, black and redish mane and tail and black legs.
Just wanted to share  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:26 pm
theyre pretty,you cant let them know youre afraid,many many horses will take advantage of that xD ( plus they can sense it) Im cautious but no afraid,well,my aunts horses can be intimidating,but,they weigh like 1200 lbs each,and when they come running up the pasture top speed for dinner,and start bucking and rearing when they get to the barn,it can be intimidating lol  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MC scarlet96

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 pm
They are so pretty,gorgeous horses,esp. Danala with the different colors xd  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff