Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 am

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17667572

This little guy has been on petfinder since before we even moved here. My boyfriend has finally warmed up to the idea of a papillon. Yesterday we got Blue a can of wellness as a treat and when he opened it he said "Wow, if we had a papillon this would last it the whole day!"

Even though we're not looking yet, I e-mailed them for more info since he doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Hopefully I get a job soon because if we have to rely on the papillon rescue in Jacksonville we'll probably end up getting a different breed. Not only do they make you jump through hoops, but they charge anywhere between $100-$600 to rescue a dog. I am all for rescuing but to be honest if they told me $600 I might as well save up an extra $150 and put my name on the list for a pup from one of the good breeders I've found in the area.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am
[♫=♥]

Seems pointless to pay to adopt a dog and had to pay the same amount like a dog from a reputable breeder.
I found a senior female chihuahua that I wanted to adopt because the description made my heart break. The description begs that she's a calm, lovable, and healthy dog that may be old, but acts like a puppy.
I couldn't adopt her, but I hope she gets a home. Sad that most senior dogs do not get adopted.
If I found a dog that's just like my old dog, I'll pick her up in a heartbeat.

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 am
Jiti
[♫=♥]

Seems pointless to pay to adopt a dog and had to pay the same amount like a dog from a reputable breeder.
I found a senior female chihuahua that I wanted to adopt because the description made my heart break. The description begs that she's a calm, lovable, and healthy dog that may be old, but acts like a puppy.
I couldn't adopt her, but I hope she gets a home. Sad that most senior dogs do not get adopted.

i have to admit that i do have an age limit when looking at dogs. i dont want to adopt a dog over 5 because i want to spend a long time with it, i dont want to just get another animal only to have it die in a couple years, i cant take it anymore with my rats

and its crazy some of the hoops you have to jump through with some shelters. im worried that the shelters i plan on looking at wont let me adopt a dog because i have too many pets

and im in the same mindset as you, if i have to pay 0ver $400 to adopt from a shelter i may as well save up a bit longer so i can buy from a breeder. at least then i would know the genetic history of the animal  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 am
Shanna66
Jiti
[♫=♥]

i have to admit that i do have an age limit when looking at dogs. i dont want to adopt a dog over 5 because i want to spend a long time with it, i dont want to just get another animal only to have it die in a couple years, i cant take it anymore with my rats

and its crazy some of the hoops you have to jump through with some shelters. im worried that the shelters i plan on looking at wont let me adopt a dog because i have too many pets

and im in the same mindset as you, if i have to pay 0ver $400 to adopt from a shelter i may as well save up a bit longer so i can buy from a breeder. at least then i would know the genetic history of the animal

I don't really have an age limit because as sad as it would be to see them go, giving them a better life for their last few years would make me feel good. At pap rescue does have an older dog (something like 8-10, I forget) and I would have taken him in a heart beat, BUT it says right on his page that he will never be able to be house trained. I really can not deal with that. An accident here and there is fine, but I can't deal with a dog that will constantly be having accidents, I already have plenty of animals that need to be cleaned up after on a daily basis.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items