Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The OLD Chatterbox
Life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

On a scale of one to ten...
  I think of fish when people say 'Norway'.
View Results

Just a Shark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 am
So what are you guys up to these days?

I'm working on the weekends and sitting around watching movies and reading books in the meantime. Exciting stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:12 pm
I took this week off for what they call a "staycation".
I had to come in Monday anyway... weirds looks from the people who wanted me to do something and I told them I wasn't in.

Today I've been trying to organize my apartment. I went out to buy some stuff only to find the big mall beside me suddenly lost even more stores I cared about and it's more and more useless every year. I was about to go out again to a further away mall which I know has things but now it's raining more...

I think I'll go walk there anyway, rain is relaxing sometimes.

You know, I have the urge to write my name at the end of posts these days because I'm usually writing emails.

Overall I think I'm pleased with the small gains I made today in getting this place livable.  

Gharbad

cerobendenzal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:53 am
Totally hanging around waiting around for my college classes>> and totally pining for summer break.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:55 pm
I was so shocked when I learned our local Blockbusters closed a while ago. (video rental store). It's been there since before I can remember. Now there are no more movie rental places. I mean, we'd pretty much switched over to Netflix, and I hadn't been there in ages, but it's just so weird. People don't rent movies anymore. The nineties died, and I miss them D:

Anyway, your mentioning the closing stores reminded me of that. I hate when stores you like close, and you don't even hear about it, they're just gone. The worst thing is when they get replaced with stupid useless chain stores that feel so out of place, like a random spa or fast food joint. It's like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A BLOCKBUSTERS WHERE MY BROTHER RENTS N64 GAMES AND I BEG MY PARENTS TO BUY ME A NERDROPE" and now it's a 7/11 and I'm not a kid anymore. Sigh.

Good luck with the organization smile My room is more than impossibly cluttered right now. When I walk through it, I need a safari hat and a machete to whack away at the underbrush if I want to get to the other side.  

Just a Shark

Gharbad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 am
The Blockbuster beside my house closed a few years ago too. In general they've been going under.

I remember going there to try to rent movies and they'd never have anything I wanted unless it was brand new. Also the price of rental was about equal to buying it at Wal-mart next door.
I gave up on renting videos back in like, I dunno, 1997 when the really good Jumbo Video closed down. It had toooonnsss of stuff and gave free popcorn!

Also, just for you, I can see this through my window now:

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:30 am
Just finished writing my thesis for my degree. Revising for exams.
Working at a kennel once a week. Hanging out with the boyfriend. Busy stuff.

middnite666

Mcfano

Professional Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm
Just a Shark
I was so shocked when I learned our local Blockbusters closed a while ago. (video rental store). It's been there since before I can remember. Now there are no more movie rental places. I mean, we'd pretty much switched over to Netflix, and I hadn't been there in ages, but it's just so weird. People don't rent movies anymore. The nineties died, and I miss them D:

All the Blockbusters in my area have closed too. We still have some independent video stores. Movie Madness which is a few blocks away have pretty much any movie you could think of. And they have a huge gallery of Hollywood memorabilia.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 pm
      I'm still wasting my life away on the computer, just instead of Gaia it's tumblr and a Glee Facebook roleplay.
      Ideally I'll get a job soon, but I'm not very hopeful since hardly anyone's hiring and I'm stupid and haven't gotten my license so I can't go out of town for a job.
      I think soon I'm gonna have to swallow my pride and apply at the theatre and maybe even Tim Horten's...ugh.
      whatismylife

External Penetration

Greedy Codger

Kai [In j00r pants]
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm
I just turned 20 and finish my 2nd year of college and have lived away from home for almost a year now and just got a new job as a bakery worker in a grocery store called Wegmans that pays really well and I have a beautiful girlfriend who is my whole world that I've been with for a year and a half and I'm working on trying to figure out where to start with my life after college cause I go to school for photography, video and film arts and I want to do lots of stuff with all of that and take lots of sexy pictures and write screenplays and be a director and write a book and write music for movies and go to Europe and I'm wondering if anyone read this like one long sentence and lost their breath trying to read it straight through. Anyways yeah I'm glad you guys seem to all be doing good that makes me HAPPEH to hear. I miss you all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:31 pm
Kai [In j00r pants]
I just turned 20 and finish my 2nd year of college and have lived away from home for almost a year now and just got a new job as a bakery worker in a grocery store called Wegmans that pays really well and I have a beautiful girlfriend who is my whole world that I've been with for a year and a half and I'm working on trying to figure out where to start with my life after college cause I go to school for photography, video and film arts and I want to do lots of stuff with all of that and take lots of sexy pictures and write screenplays and be a director and write a book and write music for movies and go to Europe and I'm wondering if anyone read this like one long sentence and lost their breath trying to read it straight through. Anyways yeah I'm glad you guys seem to all be doing good that makes me HAPPEH to hear. I miss you all.

Why yes, yes I did run out of breath.

I miss bakery stuff... used to go all the time but haven't had anything for years now.  

Gharbad

Mcfano

Professional Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm
Gharbad
Kai [In j00r pants]

Why yes, yes I did run out of breath.

I ran out of breath reading that too.

Anyway, I am living in my parents house and will turn 25 at the end of the month. It sucks because I don't have a job that pays enough to move out. It stinks even more that I have this wonderful boyfriend that I only get to see about once a month or so. It is like a 3 hour drive to his house, when there is no snow on the mountain.  
The OLD Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games