Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheism and You: What others can think

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm
http://atheismsfallacies.com/churchandstate.html

Hhhhmmmm.....So, uh, what'cha think?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm
Certainly makes some bold claims there, pun intended.

Born Of Ash And Despair

Hallowed Phantom

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:01 am
User Image

From their "about" page:

Quote:

We have people all the time mistakenly ASSUME that we are Christians. We hear them say: "Of course, this is an anti-Atheism website so they must be Christian." After 22 years of combined experience, study and research we started a website about 2 years ago discussing and flawed logic and reasoning behind Atheism. Unfortunately we didn't disguise our identity and ended up getting death threats on an almost daily basis. One of our staff had to actually physically move and get a restraining order. The perpetrator of that incident is currently in jail brought up on charges of attempted murder. He is currently serving a 12 year sentence.

So we had to shut down and start over from scratch. It worked out fine though because it solidified in our minds the inability of most Atheists to reason or think for themselves, contrary to what they would have us believe and it also magnified the EXTREMELY dangerous movement of Atheism.

Seems a bit far-fetched to me... I tried to check out a few of their other "refuted claims" pages and it's just so disjointed and ranty. I can't get through it.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:17 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

From their "about" page:

Quote:

We have people all the time mistakenly ASSUME that we are Christians. We hear them say: "Of course, this is an anti-Atheism website so they must be Christian." After 22 years of combined experience, study and research we started a website about 2 years ago discussing and flawed logic and reasoning behind Atheism. Unfortunately we didn't disguise our identity and ended up getting death threats on an almost daily basis. One of our staff had to actually physically move and get a restraining order. The perpetrator of that incident is currently in jail brought up on charges of attempted murder. He is currently serving a 12 year sentence.

So we had to shut down and start over from scratch. It worked out fine though because it solidified in our minds the inability of most Atheists to reason or think for themselves, contrary to what they would have us believe and it also magnified the EXTREMELY dangerous movement of Atheism.

Seems a bit far-fetched to me... I tried to check out a few of their other "refuted claims" pages and it's just so disjointed and ranty. I can't get through it.

At least he said "in our minds" and "most".

These people are not as bad as they seem.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 pm
I like how just about the whole argument is based on saying the "The State" does not refer to the federal government.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games