Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
OMG BATS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 am
So I was peacefully sitting in my room, with my door slightly ajar and I hear something think against it. I thought it was just the cat and didn't really care all that much. Two seconds later a frigging BAT tears a** into my room, circles about 3 inches above my bed, flies back, hits the door, circles my bed and is almost skimming the blankets before it attaches to my drapes. I'm like, mentally screaming and back outta my room and get my mom to catch it. I wouldn't be so scared if bats aren't like, the #1 carriers of rabies in my area and this thing flew face first into my drapes. Scary as hell.

So come morning, my brother is letting the dog out, when Annabelle (cat) comes trotting across the yard. Annabelle is an indoor cat, and my brother, who was the last person awake, fell asleep cuddling her on his lap. So we have no idea how she got out and the bat got in. Ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 pm
~~

Easy! Your cat turns into a bat every night! ;D

Seriously, though, I have no idea. That's weird. o3o Maybe someone accidently left your front door open or something?

~~

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm
Do you have an attic, or small vents on the sides of your hous up under the roof? Most attics or rafter areas on houses around here have some sort of vent system on the very top of the sides to let hot air out, and I'm pretty sure bats can get into those to rest for the night. If it crawled through the wrong hole/crack in a wall or floor, it could end up in the main part of the house.

I only know this because I woke up one morning to a bat flying frantically around my bedroom. My room is basically a fully-finished attic - the rafters are right above my beadboard ceiling. I'd heard the bat scratching around up there before, so it must have accidentally gotten through that one time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:04 am
bats are like little ninjas, they can get in anywhere ninja

as much as i love bats that does sound terrifying  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:39 am
We have an attic, but it has a 3-inch metal barrier door. We're super careful about things getting in since the pigs have a very open cage, and if something we don't know about gets to them, we're screwed. Thankfully, it appears as if the bat missed the pig room. We're also super careful about everything staying shut and locked, since we were robbed about 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:16 am
I would say to call a local pest control company. Tell them about the bat in the house. If they don't deal with bats, they may be able to tell you of someone that does.

Have them check the home. They know exactly what to look for as far as where they could be getting in. And possible even find out how the cat is getting out at the same time.  

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items