Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Back to Guilds

A guild for anybody and everybody who loves any aspect about Japan! 

Tags: japan, language, anime, fashion, manga 

Reply ~ My Japan 私の日本 ~
Artist Alley How To!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artist Alley
  Oh, the places we'll go!
View Results

magicalgirlme
Captain

Devoted Loiterer

13,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm
So MC and I have been doing a lot of research in regards to How to run our first Artist Alley!
OurDestiny Designs is debuting at K A W A I I K O N in Honolulu, Hawai'i this year and, though we have attended cons for years, we have no idea how to actually run a table in the artist alley.

Tons of video's and articles later we came across this awesome survival guide! You can check it out here:

http://www.projectbluerose.com/tutorials/anime-convention-artist-alley-survival-guide/  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 pm
What is the Artist Alley?
Artist Alley is a place in the convention where different artists and skill workers provide crafts and services for the attendees for the convention. In this section of the convention you can find Artists with everything from Pins, prints and handmade charms to commission art! It is a fun, creative and upbeat place to find unique merchandise and artwork.

Do you have to be an Artist to work in Artist Alley?

Heck no! All kinds of artists and tradesmen can be found in artist alley as well as writers and visionaries! You must however follow the rules of each con and some part of the design or work must be yours.

Do I have to sell stuff at the Artist Alley?

Not at all. I have been to many conventions where someone is just exposing themselves to a new group of people - whether it is for books, art or any other medium. It is a great place to be able to meet and greet people with your similar interests!

How can I be a part of the Artist Alley?

In most cases you can find a section for any convention located on the convention website! There you can find all the rules and prices for tables as well as forums to see your potential customers/friends!  

magicalgirlme
Captain

Devoted Loiterer

13,325 Points
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100

Strawberry Pocky Parade
Vice Captain

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:56 am
I'dbe interested to see what everyone's experience with Artist's alley is. Has anyone here sold before? Is it high on your "must see" convention list? For me, it's more important to visit Artist's alley than it is to see any of the pannels. :O  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 am
I defiantly have to agree with Miss Chloie! Artist Alley is my one-stop-shop at an Anime Convention! whee

magicalgirlme
Captain

Devoted Loiterer

13,325 Points
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100

Strawberry Pocky Parade
Vice Captain

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm
There have been years that I've gone that I've been disappointed because I didn't see anything that I wanted to purchase. It's sort of hard thinking back and considering what I was interested in at certain times. I think every age group looks for different things when they're browsing. I used to just go and get anything and everything that had to do with whatever series I was interested in. Then I went through a phase that everyone (presumably) goes thru--buttons.

Now I'm looking for the slightly more expensive but incredibly more unique crafts. 3nodding  
~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games