{JoiningRP}Coming Home{SliabhxSadirsexMalaya}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm
User Image

Malaya padded along behind her father. He said they were nearly to the pride's lands. This pride she would forever call home. She looked around curiously at the landscape to see if it had altered much.

"Papa? Are we going to make it tonight or will we sleep out one more night?" In truth, her paws hurt. It was hard keeping up with his longer stride. Malaya hoped that she would grow as big as her father. She would do a lot for the pride. They needed strong lions from what Sliabh had said. To prove she could be tough, the little cub hadn't complained once during the trek.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 am
User Image User Image

Glancing back he smiled gently, pausing to allow his youngest kids to catch up a little. "Its not too far off now, we are close to the boarder." After all, he should know where the board lay, after having patrolled it for his entire adult life until his Queen set him out on a special mission. Lowering his head and leaning down he gently nuzzled his girls before licking the ruffs of his sons. "We will all be safely curled up in our den before nightfall, I promise." Turning he caught Malaya up in his maw and lifted her, settling the young female on his back. "There you go. Anyone else for a ride?" Grinning wolfishly he chuckled as the rest squealed and bounced, wanting to ride on his back too.

----------

Bounding ahead as her papa stopped, she slithered to a halt and peered ahead, hoping to see some grand sign to designate their new pride's boarders, but unable to make out much of anything, she puffed and turned back, trotting up in time to snicker at her siblings. "I'm fine Papa!" She called airily, quiet excited about seeing their new home and wanting to reach i on her own paws.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
"Oh goody!" The prospect of curling up somewhere cozy made the cub happy. To be shielded on all sides was good. Even during their trek when sometimes they had to curl up in the dirt, Malaya hadn't been afraid with the huge lion that was her father there. She knew he would protect them from anything.

She squeaked when he picked her up by the scruff but didn't struggle. A giggle escaped as her paws touched his back. The cub stood proudly tall. Her tail waggled back and forth as she looked ahead from her vantage height. "I wanna be as big as you papa, so I can always see this far!" She giggled.

"Papa why didn't mama come with us? Didn't she want to see the den?" She didn't really understand when the choice had been offered to her. To stay with Zenobia and wander, or return with Sliabh to his pride. Malaya had been slightly sad when her mother and one brother had separated from them. She looked down at her only sister from her vantage point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Sliabh chuckled warmly at his youngest's surge of excitement, letting her sink her tiny claws into his thick fur before setting off again, his stride long and smooth. Two of her brothers had clambered up and perched on their father's back behind her, the boys bickered good naturedly as boys had a habit of doing.

Unphased by the p***k of claws in his back the Guard made sure the rest of his cubs stayed close as he walked along, frequently pausing his long ground-eating stride to check on those running along behind him. Grinning up at his youngest as she spoke he chuckled softly. "I am sure you will Mala. You will grow big and strong." Her next words sobered the older lion and he swallowed a light breath, amber eyes turning ahead as he considered his words. This was always the hard part, though he would never lie to his cubs. The idea never even crossed his mind. Instead he paused and craned his head back to look at her, giving her coat a warm, reassuring lick.

"Your mama loves you guys very much. But she can't follow where we are going. She has to stay and look after your brother. But she will always be thinking of you, just like we will always think of her, right?" His deep voice was gentle and reassuring. He loved his cubs deeply and would do anything for them.

----------

Saoirse had fallen back to walk alongside her father, head lifted and ears pricked forwards as she listened. "Will she ever come see us?" She asked softly, eyes as bright as her dad's large and round. At Sliabh's gentle shake she seemed to deflate but he offered gentle, comforting words and she knew that even if they didn't see their mama, they wouldn't be forgotten. Perking up she trotted on ahead. "I'm gona grow up big and strong too! So mama will be proud of me."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Malaya kneeded the warm fur under her paws happily. So big and fluffy, there was always enough room for the six cubs. She felt special that her father was so huge. She looked back over her shoulder at a couple other siblings and stick her tongue playfully at them before returning her attention to her father and sister.

"Yup yup!" The cub couldn't wait to see how big she'd be as an adult. She'd be so strong and able to prove it. Malaya purred at her father's lick. She returned it on his ear which she could reach from her vantage point.

"I love her too! It's cause the illness right? She didn't want to get sick. I'll remember her always." Malaya wrinkled her nose at a fleeting thought. It was something about them going to see mama and her brother. Since her mother wandered so much, would she ever come near enough for them to meet and how would they know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 am
Sliabh chuckled as he felt his daughters tiny claws in his fur. The motion was almost ticklish but he managed to squash the urge to shiver or shake, not wanting to accidentally drop his cubs. Instead he gave her another grin over his shoulder.

"That's right hunny. She needs to be safe and well to look after your brother. But there are lots of new friends at the pride for you to meet, and they can't wait to say hello. I am sure you will both grow up to be big and strong." Leaning down he suddenly scooped Saoirse up, carrying her by her scruff as she had tripped over nothing and fallen face-first onto a small ant nest. Stepping over the nest he made sure his other kids avoided it then continued. They were within the pride's boundry now and soon they would start to see some of the pride members.

----------
Saoirse refused to cry out when she tripped, but despite her anticts her paws were painful and her legs ached. She hurt and she was tired. She just wanted to get somewhere warm and sleep. But she was putting a brave face on it all because she had seen (when her papa thought no one was looking) a sadness in his face that scared her. She didn't know what it was for, but he seemed to need cheering up and their antics always made him laugh. She loved her papa's laugh, it was all deep and rumbly and tickled when he did it while she was curled up against his chest.

Suddenly she was airborn and she let out a surprised yelp, but soon settled, dangling happily from his maw like a dead possom, content to be carried. Aiming her words at her sister, though she now could see none of her siblings, she called out. "I bet our den is huge and covered in furs!" After all, thats all she wanted right then, and some food of course.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm
She nodded, but a wrinkled crossed her brow as she thought. "Papa if mama isn't coming cause its dangerous, then why are we going? Shouldn't we stay with mama?" Malaya was still a very young cub. Her instincts told her that she shouldn't go into dangerous places. So naturally she was confused.

The cub wiggled at the mention of new friends. She wanted lots of new friends! "I'll be sure to say hello to everyone!" Malaya braced herself carefully as Sliabh bent to pick up Saoirse. "Our den will have to be the biggest because our papa is the biggest!" She laughed. Their father was the best, there was no doubt in her mind of that. Temporarily forgetting his mouth was full of cub, Malaya padded her paw against his shoulder to get his attention. "What are we going to do for a temporary mommy?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:10 am
Realising that his babies weren’t going to stop talking, he carefully twisted his head round to set Saoirse down behind Malaya. Once satisfied both girls were safe and secure he resumed their journey, keeping an eye on his sons as they toddled along at his side.

Smiling he felt his heart swell once again for his cubs. And yet there was that touch of sadness, for these brand new lives would be forever changed after they got home. For all he protected and cared for them, he would ultimately fail them. Blinking away the old yet ever present ache he gave both girls a reassuring smile. “Because they need us, sweety. Me and you and your sister Saoirse, and all your brothers. The pride needs us to help them. Are you guys up to the challenge?” he asked, smiling at Saoirse’s grunt of fury.

---------------------

The youngster had settled on her dad’s broad back when placed there, instantly leaning up against Malaya’s back to peer ahead, loving being up so high with such a wide view.

Now, at her papa’s question, she stood up and using her sister as a climbing frame, balanced on her hind legs with a cry of indignation.

“I am! I’m the biggest, bravest, bestest lioness ever!” Pausing she looked down at Malaya. “With sis of course!”  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces