Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
(Deck / Adv) Super Boss Rush!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:49 pm
Yes, I built a B.E.S. deck, so sue me. At least it brings something MODERATELY fresh to the table.

Deck: 42

Monsters: 20

B.E.S. Big Core MK-2 x3
B.E.S. Covered Core x2
B.E.S. Crystal Core x3
B.E.S. Tetran x2
Big Core x2
Cyber Dragon x3
Cyber Valley x3
Morphing Jar x1
Tragoedia x1

Spells: 19

Boss Rush x2
Giant Trunade x1
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Kaiser Colosseum x2
Limiter Removal x1
Machine Assembly Line x2
Magical Mallet x2
Monster Reborn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Overload Fusion x1

Traps: 3

Royal Decree x2
Solemn Judgment x1

Extra Deck: 4

Chimeratech Overdragon x2
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x2

======

Deck Strategy: Get a B.E.S. out, activate Boss Rush and Kaiser Colosseum. Your opponent will not be able to perform a traditional Synchro Summon and you can continue cycling through monsters for the inevitable Chimeratech Overdragon once all of the B.E.S. monsters have been cycled through the graveyard through use of Boss Rush. After Chimeratech comes out, feel free to play another Kaiser Colosseum, rendering your opponent completely defenseless. Its a combination Lockdown / Beatdown.

Notable Weaknesses: Boss Rush is the easiest way to cycle through all of the B.E.S. cards for the inevitable Chimeratech Overdragon at the end. Conversely, its also the deck's greatest weakness due to being unable to normal summon or set while the card's active, forcing a reliance on Special Summoning.

Other Thoughts: I was thinking about putting in a Necroface just in case Chimeratech Overdragon fails. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 pm
Another weakness is that high-leveled B.E.S. monsters that were special summoned by the effect of Boss Rush won't have any counters with them (They only gain counters when they're normal summoned). This leaves them unable to use their effects and can also be destroyed in one single battle.  

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:29 pm
zetricky
Another weakness is that high-leveled B.E.S. monsters that were special summoned by the effect of Boss Rush won't have any counters with them (They only gain counters when they're normal summoned). This leaves them unable to use their effects and can also be destroyed in one single battle.

Firstly, B.E.S. Big Core MK-2 only gets its counters when its Special Summoned (being the opposite of the others). Secondly, I consider it to be a huge part of the strategy. Once Boss Rush has done its thing and all of the B.E.S. monsters are in the graveyard, a well-timed Overload Fusion summons the "Final Boss", so to speak, Chimeratech Overdragon.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:05 am
Legendary Pirate Plasma
zetricky

Firstly, B.E.S. Big Core MK-2 only gets its counters when its Special Summoned (being the opposite of the others). Secondly, I consider it to be a huge part of the strategy. Once Boss Rush has done its thing and all of the B.E.S. monsters are in the graveyard, a well-timed Overload Fusion summons the "Final Boss", so to speak, Chimeratech Overdragon.

Oh now I see what you mean. You're planning to use the B.E.S. monsters as decoys in preparation to your "true" ace. 3nodding
It's a really nice strategy I must say.
You can also add Great Maju Da Eiza (who gains attack power with the number of monsters removed from play) as a last resort card aside from Necroface. Although, you only have one Overload Fusion so I suggest you add copies of Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, Power Bond and Future Fusion. Take note though that Chimeratech Overdragon can't last on the field with Future Fusion due to its own effect that removes cards when it's summoned.  

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 am
zetricky
Legendary Pirate Plasma
zetricky

Oh now I see what you mean. You're planning to use the B.E.S. monsters as decoys in preparation to your "true" ace. 3nodding
It's a really nice strategy I must say.
You can also add Great Maju Da Eiza (who gains attack power with the number of monsters removed from play) as a last resort card aside from Necroface. Although, you only have one Overload Fusion so I suggest you add copies of Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, Power Bond and Future Fusion. Take note though that Chimeratech Overdragon can't last on the field with Future Fusion due to its own effect that removes cards when it's summoned.

Gren Maju Da Eiza would not work very well due to the fine print on Boss Rush "While this card is face-up on the field, you cannot normal summon or set."

Cyber End and Cyber Twin are unnecessary, Power Bond is suicidal, and Future Fusion, while a good idea conventionally, would destroy all of my spell/traps that help the engine work.

Necroface is to return all of the fusion material monsters for Chimeratech back into the deck and go through again. If anything I'd probably run a Magical Stone Excavation or two to grab Overload Fusion back if the first one fails. Then, if I need a secondary, I always have Fortress which doesn't require a spell to fuse.

Though I should consider running The Dark Door, as well...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:52 am
Why not put boss rush at 3?
On a side note(I think they should create a card called super boss rush)  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 am
Mr_dragon
Why not put boss rush at 3?
On a side note(I think they should create a card called super boss rush)

Boss Rush is at 2 because it locks down my normal summons and sets. If I have a Boss Rush in Play and only monsters that can be normal summoned in my hand, I'm screwed. I need a window where I can get rid of my normal summonables and running 3 Boss Rush defeats that purpose.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 pm
Also, don't forget our duel. Prepare for monster bouncing and back row removal. If you don't have any monsters on the field because they were removed, bounced, etc. your opponent isn't effected by Kaiser  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:48 pm
Aka_Saiyaku
Also, don't forget our duel. Prepare for monster bouncing and back row removal. If you don't have any monsters on the field because they were removed, bounced, etc. your opponent isn't effected by Kaiser

Yeah. That's why I was contemplating running The Dark Door.

Also, yeah. Definitely need to find something to deal with MSTs and stuff, especially since I'm maindecking 3 Decrees...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:44 pm
why not put in mirror force, sakuretsu(???), or other cards to block attacks in case u can't summon for a while. or say swords of revealing/concealing light  

Demon Knight Draco

3,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 pm
Demon Knight Draco
why not put in mirror force, sakuretsu(???), or other cards to block attacks in case u can't summon for a while. or say swords of revealing/concealing light

Mirror Force, I forgot.

Sakuretsu is outdated, I'd rather go with D. Prison.

Swords of Revealing is a good idea.

Swords of Concealing... not so much.  
Deck Database

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces