Submit

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:34 am
Okay, Not sure if this would belong here.... If it does not- Mods please move to the right forum.

Has anyone felt like because of the all the customization from avatars its almost easier to get a feel off people from the way they dress their avatars? Like when I read cards I've found its easier for me to get a really good feel for people's energy for over gaia rather than in real life.

Just a thought... I wanted to see if anyone else felt this way?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 pm
Avatars show too many things for this to be a constant. They show ourselves, or our imagined selves. Both are very different. Some do not even portray the real person at all, but is a fantasy role play character. In many circumstances, the avatar does show the users deepest desires and feelings, but it can be subjective. It is best to have a in depth personality test, or ask them about themselves. Talking it out is always better than trying to piece someone together in your own mind, but I am sure you already knew that.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Lily of the Sword

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 am
I have to agree with zabazor. Some of the time people show something about themselves through an avatar but sometimes not. Take my avatar for instance. This is not who I truly am on the inside. It was done because it is getting close to Halloween, been playing Left 4 Dead 2 waaaay too much, and the univeristy I'm at is doing a "Zombie Outbreak" as an experiment for one of the classes which will involve the whole school. They are all things that are happening in my life but do not make up Who I am. Although, much of the time, personality is linked to an avatar in someway but the reasoning is definitely subjective.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 pm
Gaia avatars are like little Mary Sues of ourselves.

I try to keep mine as real as I can, but sometimes I like to go for the valiant knight or sneaky bandit look, and stuff like that.

You know, it's fun.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am
mine is about me . i just like to wear different outfits is all.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm
User Image

Kitten's avatars always portray herself. Some people try to make avatars that aren't their inner feelings and you can tell it because they're usually really badly put together or look terrible as a whole. And yes, Kitten does have cat ears and a tail in real life, they're just add-ons though, but she does wear them a lot cat_whee

User Image

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm
Kitten Morris
User Image

Kitten's avatars always portray herself. Some people try to make avatars that aren't their inner feelings and you can tell it because they're usually really badly put together or look terrible as a whole. And yes, Kitten does have cat ears and a tail in real life, they're just add-ons though, but she does wear them a lot cat_whee

User Image

I've still found people with badly put together avatars, that actually did embody them without their realizing it. But part of that might of had to do with the limited selection of items at the time (I've been on this site forever).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm
Tarrien

User Image

True. Some people just aren't very good at making avatars in the first place, though Kitten's tastes are very particular.

User Image

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm
Kitten Morris
Tarrien

User Image

True. Some people just aren't very good at making avatars in the first place, though Kitten's tastes are very particular.

User Image
:3 My tastes are very particular too, I try not to over crowd or under decorate.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 pm
Tarrien

User Image

If Kitten wouldn't wear it in real life, she doesn't wear it on here cat_whee Though her budget on here is a bit higher than what her one in real life is for clothing.

User Image

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers