Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
Who do you think is Death Note's Villain? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you consider Death Note's main baddie?
Light/Kira
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
L
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mello
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Near
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
BB (Yes, I know he's in Another Note. I just love his character so I had to put him as an option in this poll. x'D)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryuk
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Innocence of Light Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:24 am
Sain After Dark
The whole idea is there are no 'villains'. The author's point is that 'good' and 'bad' are merely perceptions, and that everyone, no matter how 'evil' has their side of the story.
(Sorry, my parents are both english teachers so I tend to read things like that...)

THANK YOU.

I don't think Light/Kira was ever a 'villian', he was just in heavy shades of grey, but people usually fix on the fact that "He's not in the white!" rather than "He's not in the black."
Personlly, I think his way of going about making his perfect world was fine.

Yeah, I was a little sad when people like Naomi Misora got bunked off, since she didn't really do anything, but trying to see the situation from the character's point of view, I can understand completly and, had I been put in the same situation, would have done the same thing.
Having to kill people like her was bad for Light's reputation, but it had to be done one way or another.

I would also just like to say:
A great, great deal of the people Kira/Light killed were on-going criminals, who would have killed more of the innocent anyway.

Due to the fact I can't be bothered to rant about this, I'm not going to.

I don't anymore, since I've actually thought about how it would be if I were him, but a very long time ago I saw L and Near as the villians for trying to stop Kira in the first place.
Now, I don't think there are any villians, it's just a game with two sides.

There's my personal opinion. Nothing more.

Rhi-chan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:22 pm
Just in relation to my last post, that's my logical view. I'm an L fan, so Light's evil for causing L's death!!! Lol, nah, it did have to happen...L couldn't stay around for much longer, or the series would have ended fast...  

Sain After Dark

Esule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:32 pm
Sain After Dark
The whole idea is there are no 'villains'. The author's point is that 'good' and 'bad' are merely perceptions, and that everyone, no matter how 'evil' has their side of the story.
(Sorry, my parents are both english teachers so I tend to read things like that...)

No need for apologies! I think that it's very interesting hearing everyone's perspective on this. 3nodding

But I tend to agree.. I like the psychological aspect of the plot in that there really is no black or white, like Innocence said. It closely mirrors real life in that people start things with the best of intentions and get so wrapped up in them that there's no turning back no matter how much they might have to go against what society deems moral.

It's fascinating to hear people's explanations for why they like/dislike certain characters as it can tell you about the way they perceive things in life. So uh.. in conclusion, thanks! xD /endrant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 pm
Yep definatly Light Yagami he went way to far if he went at it the wright way i would think the villin would be near because he was against him in all...XD  

rythI

1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sain After Dark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 am
Although...the death note itself seems to be the villain... stare After all, when Light looses ownership of the death note he no longer thinks the same way...Also, it is actually said that the death note is what caused the evilness. When Mr Yagami is in hospital L, Light and he discuss it and agree that whoever comes across such power is 'cursed'. So really, it's all the book, hence, watch anime, don't read manga!!! I do both! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm
Sain After Dark
Although...the death note itself seems to be the villain... stare After all, when Light looses ownership of the death note he no longer thinks the same way...Also, it is actually said that the death note is what caused the evilness. When Mr Yagami is in hospital L, Light and he discuss it and agree that whoever comes across such power is 'cursed'. So really, it's all the book, hence, watch anime, don't read manga!!! I do both! eek

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. 3nodding  

Esule

Daredevil Universe

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:01 pm
light is the villian. i mean at the begining of deathnote i liked him but now i just think that he is a jerk sad lol  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff