Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 am
Cub name: Ajia
Meaning: Swahili for Swift

More a fun little curiosity bit, who's your favorite DC or Marvel hero or villain?: Hmm…I really don’t know. There’s just so many of them! But I always really liked Rogue growing up, so I’ll say her. Though to me she comes as a combo with Gambit. xD

Personality: A sweet cub, Ajia tends to find herself part of the background. She’s very shy and tends to always hide behind other members of her family, being alone is fine with her as long as she stays alone and no strangers come by. After all she fears very little save for having to meet others. Though she is very quiet because she is shy, Ajia has a sharp mind and is the type that would have a reply to everything- only she wouldn’t reply out loud. Rather she keeps most of her thoughts to herself. The only time she really opens up is when someone coaxes her- Zeru especially can get Ajia to talk to her.

She is a water cat - to her swimming is so relaxing! If she isn’t hidden amongst her family or hiding out in the den, Ajia would be found floating along in the water. This is also where her name Ajia comes into play, in the water this little cub is swift like a bolt of lightning.((Though she is swift to hide as well))
Prompt #: 1 (with a bit of 3)
Response:

Swimming? Ajia’s ears perked up at the suggestion. Though she was behind the rest of her siblings the cub made sure to listen to the instruction from her father. Watching curiously she saw her siblings slip into the water after him and soon enough it was her turn. Lifting a timid paw, the cub hesitated only briefly before entering the water.

Amazing!

Ajia let out a squeal as the cold water surrounded her body, but that squeal quickly turned into one of happiness. Paws churning through the water beneath her she watched as her siblings started getting used to the idea of swimming as well. Watching her father moving through the water, the small cub tried to mimic his movements but ended up bobbing beneath the water. Bubbles erupting from her mouth Ajia actually laughed at herself before making it back to the surface. No wonder her father loved the water so much!

Humming to herself about the water -as she secretly loved singing like her mother as well- the cub began to get the idea of swimming. Soon enough she was floating through the waters and didn’t even realize how far away she had gotten from her family until her father came and found her. Sheepish the cub dried herself off with the rest and headed back to the den.

That night as the moon rose high into the sky Ajia found herself sneaking out of the den. Everyone else was sleeping, but she was still stuck on the feeling of swimming. There was no way that she would fall asleep now! Singing softly Ajia sat outside and watched the moon. “The water was great today~” Using song she told the moon of the days events and jumped in surprise as another joined her.

“That sounds nice.” Her albino sister slipped out of the shadows and joined her. “I’m glad you had fun with everyone.”

“Zeru!” Ajia stuttered and after a moment of slow calming breaths found herself sitting next to her sister. “I-I didn’t mean to disturb you.” She whispered softly before her sister let out a light laugh.

“It’s fine.” Zeru smiled brightly before tilting her head at Ajia, “So did you go under at first?” The question made Ajia look away sheepishly before mumbling yes which only encouraged her older sister to keep asking questions. And like many of the nights to come -when Ajia managed to keep awake long enough- the shy cub would open up to her sister and tell her about everything that had happened during the day. After all it was Zeru, and Ajia knew that she could tell Zeru anything. And every once in a while when Zeru coaxed her the little cub would even be brave enough to copy her mother and sing to Zeru about the day’s adventures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 pm
Cub name: Aleah
Meaning: To ascend in Swahili

More a fun little curiosity bit, who's your favorite DC or Marvel hero or villain?: haha uuumm....joker or harley quinn =)

Personality: Aleah is a strange one, for a lion living in lands engulfed with water, she hates it. Sooo much! She doesn't like anything about it, except that she is forced to drink it to live. She is a nice cub, and so long as you dont try to push her in the water she loves to play. But if you even jokingly nudge her towards it, forget it. That friendship is over. Aleah's got more then a slight fear of drowning, so she takes it very seriously. She loves to climb trees though, and she probably would have been happy if she had been born a leopard. But of course, leopards are evil, vile things. She would never wish to be one of those lower life forms!

Prompt #: 1
Response: What to do, what to do. Aleah paced back and fourth, today she was suppose to learn to swim with her siblings. Only…she…she couldn’t. Or more, she didn’t want to. Odd for a lion in the swamplands, Aleah hated water. She put up with it because she had no choice but to, but the feeling of it made her skin crawl. She didn’t like wet fur, or being wet period. Why did she have to learn to swim? Okay so they DID live in the swamplands…but still! Why can’t swamplands be dry.

Hearing the call, she let out a sigh. Well here goes….actually, here goes nothing doesn’t quite fit. One by one, Aleah watched as her siblings jumped into the water, paddling about as they caught on to swimming. And soon enough, it was her turn. With a sigh, Aleah stepped forward, scrunching up her nose as she dipped her paw in only to pull it away to shake the water off.

Her father gave her an odd look, and told her to jump in. “Uuuumm…I think I will just stay here thanks.” she said as she sat down. Her siblings began to laugh and her father frowned as he walked towards her, the water being shallow enough for him to touch the ground. He insisted she get in, but Aleah shook her head quickly. But then, unsure who, Aleah felt herself get pushed into the water.

She began to frantically move her legs, unable to surface. But it wasn’t long before the large paw of her father grasped her belly, pulling her up for a breath as Aleah quickly took it, and got back on the land as quickly as possible. She coughed up some water, her breaths still quick, and her heart racing. Her father called it a day, the others all happily dried off, heading off to go play. Aleah meanwhile made a silent promise to herself. She would never willingly step foot in that evil water again if she could help it!

just a note, I know the water aversion is odd but it seemed like a fun idea for the area they live in XDD  

Reverie Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:34 am
And closed! I won't get a chance to read these for either a few hours or a few days, though D: heart -Shakes fist at work-  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 am
Good luck to everyone! All the entries were excellent. ^_^  

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 pm
I'm afraid this isn't being judged how I planned, because one of the owners of the other cubs kept jabbing me to judge it, and I just had somebody blow up at me for not having done it yet. I'm not listing the entries that either didn't follow my name rule, or the pride's name rules(Names must be Swahili OR Nahuatl, and the MUST be SHORT.). Gimme a moment here...  
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 10!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 pm
1. Redbud-Tree
2. ktqueen
3. saedusk
4. ShinosBee
5. Princess_Feylin
6. samus x
7. Kaisanti
8. YourxStarlessxEyes
9. bunnilove
10. Samuel Carlin
11. Annchen
12. Sabra Knight
13. Reverie Rose

This is the final list and roll.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Reverie Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:56 pm
grats samuel! And sorry you were pushed like that andra D8  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm
...holy carp!

Wow! I'm thrilled! Sad that it didn't go the way you wanted it to, Andranis, but thrilled nonetheless.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 pm
Congrats. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:16 pm
Wow, sorry it had to turn out that way for you. 8|

Congrats to Samuel, though!
And thanks for the opportunity to try for the cub. :3

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 am
Congrats! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 am
anyone who would blow up over something so minor is a jerk and not worth the effort >=3 *cuddles* the contest was fun ^^ just too bad it ended the way it did =<  

Reverie Rose

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces