Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Talk to a Muse!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:07 pm
Look, my daughters have been boring me lately. With Euterpe being so close of having a baby with Apollo once more, I need to keep them occupied. So, here's the deal. Post up and I will get my muses, as I am their mother, and ask for one of the nine Mousai. The person that can keep up a conversation with one of my daughters the longest will get a prize of.... an original myth (never before placed in the books,) of your favorite deity. All my daughters are relatively free, except Melpomene, who's off with one of the Twilight Characters(I know..)), and is off on some sort of date.

So, yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:29 pm
I wish to have a conversation with either the Muses of Tragedy or Epic Poetry, please, milady?

I wish to learn more about the Middle Ages according to the Muses, for one thing[i especially would like to know how they would see the Round Table!] plus their thoughts about the Renaissance, as well!  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 pm
I can get Calliope in here, just wait... 'Cause Melpo is off with some stupid twilight fan.

KALLIOPE : [strums lyre in her hands] Hello, Fair Prince. How may my touch of inspiration help you this fine day? Need help with poetry?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:41 pm
I wish to speak with you about what you would recall about the middle ages, from the fall of the Roman Empire to the establishment of the Kingdoms of Western Europe, all the way to the Hundred-Year War and the War of the Roses, please?

But first, i wish to learn of a hymn dedicated to Aeneas of Troy, that would include how he ancestored the likes of Augustus Caesar and the Fabled King Arthur, complete with the positive accomplishments he had done, if this is alright, milady? *bows*  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:00 pm
KALLIOPE: Oh, that's old news. Who am I? Klio?[yeah, I know you're so cool, sis] But anyways, I don't really remember much. [I know, that you're the Titaness of memory, mom!] But yeah, there are a few moments that I did enjoy. Getting with awesome poets, getting a few books published, and seeing worlds crumble and writing poems about it. Aeneas? Oh, that was fun. He and I had a little talk once Aphrodite kept talking about him. But yeah, I don't really dig in my sisters' works. Polyhymnia might be able to find it, though she hasn't really been around the Romans since they had hymns for the Roman Gods.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:27 am
Tell me more about it, please, milady?
Also, if i had to guess, you and your sisters are rather lovely to look at, i imagine. ^_^

Also, what recent sets of epics did you do or help out with in the past century[also known as the Yesturcentury?]  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:36 am
KALLIOPE: Well, Aphrodite was constantly talking about her son during the Trojan war, which wasn't really a good time for us Muses. Sure, we did get some pleas after, but during the war we were sort of bored. Which is why we usually stayed with our father, Zeus, and the Charites, our half-sisters the Graces. We wanted to pretend that there wasn't really a war that was going on, but Aphrodite kept talking about it. She looked like a crazed sport fan for Troy, really. Anyways, so I decided to take a look. Unfortunately it was small talk because that's when Ares was at the end of the battle, trying to keep Troy's walls up, and Aeneas was sort of a big part. We talked for a little bit.

Yes, we are. Wise as our mother and full of pride like our father. You would think it would be hard to recognize who's who, but we all are rather different. I'm known for carrying a lyre in older art or a tablet and stylus, to show writing. If you ever get the time to see the artists' deception of me, I suggest you look. The nine portraits are rather good, but the only one I like is the statue of me.

Well, not much. The 1900s in my opinion were very bland. Okay, there were a few wars and such, and that did lead to a few romances with a few war generals, but Ancient Greece and 1800s in England were probably my favorite part. I liked 1800s 'cause Edgar Allan Poe was alive. He's such the creative writer. But yeah, Ancient Greece was fun, too, 'cause I got a little chat with Homer.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:55 pm
The Lady Aphrodite cared about her son, Aeneas, alot, if i had to be honest.
She did feel responsible for him when she got tricked by Zeus to jump the bones of Aeneas' father, a descendant of Zeus, after all.
That in mind, i don't know whether or not she was at all aware of the great destiny that Aeneas was going to have, before him, and how it would ultimately change Western Europe forever, for better or for worse.
Some part of me doubted she was aware of the scale or scope of keeping Aeneas safe long enough for him to fulfill that destiny, and something tells me that many of your people at the time could only guess the far-reaching consequences of once the task was fulfilled.
Which ones among your people made your best educated guesses about what would happen afterward if the task was accomplished?

I wish to know where to seek out the statue so i can go and have a look at it, milady.
Although i wonder, if its true that you can change forms, i might suspect its almost a moot point, for all anyone could know[almost, but not quite, though, which is where the best artworks come in!]
Also, what about artists from the Renaissance, like Leonardo or Michaelangelo, might i ask?
If one of your sisters visited any of the particular artists from that time, which ones, and why, milady?

If i had to guess, i am wondering if you also had a chat or two with Heroditus, who wrote about the era of the Greco-Persian Wars, and who mentioned the battle of Thermopylae[which is a critical part in the same kind of battle in any war that proves to be grand in consequence, and as such, nearly identical patterns repeat themselves throughout the legacy of forever, as it turned out!] where 300 Spartan Warriors and a thousand other Greeks who stayed, gave their last breath to defend that area for as long as possible.
At the same time, the Athenian Fleet was fighting the Persian navy, as the Athenians were lead by Themistocles, an Athenian Military Leader who deceived a lot of Athenians in terms of the purpose of what the fleet was meant to fight against.
Granted, the deception turned out to be quite justified in terms of the end result, yet why would the Athenians at the time not take up arms straight against Persia in terms of naval warfare before the deception?  

Javier Cross

The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff