Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:53 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
I can't seem to find any covens in my areas, even in the nearest big city where there's lots of shops that sell pagan-related stuff. They don't exactly seem to "advertise" neutral

My biggest problem is with still being under the rule of my parents at 17, I need to find one that is trustworthy, appropriate (safe? a lot of solitary/small non-coven groups in my area to some extreme stuff like whipping themselves and smoking weed. That's a no-go for me, whether I need my parents to trust the coven I choose or not) and open to people under 18. I know that most of them don't do that in America, but I'm not sure about the UK and it seems most older/more serious pagans I talk to will not take me seriously AT ALL until I join a coven!

I don't want to be deemed a fluffy bunny, but it would be good to be with like-minded people anyway. Solitary is kinda lonely confused

Hmm, you're in the UK? Anywhere near Derbyshire perhaps? If you're nearby, perhaps we could meet up. I will bring books!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:16 am
Agh, my geography sucks! sweatdrop I know that I've been to Derbyshire before, but I live up near Newcastle. I know there's a pagan picnic up here in a few months which I want to go to but I know I'm gonna feel pretty uncomfortable not knowing anyone there... and my serious lack of knowledge makes me still a beginner after 4 years sweatdrop BUT I do think it'd be awesome to meet up some time anyway! 3nodding Maybe you should come to the picnic?  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:08 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
Agh, my geography sucks! sweatdrop I know that I've been to Derbyshire before, but I live up near Newcastle. I know there's a pagan picnic up here in a few months which I want to go to but I know I'm gonna feel pretty uncomfortable not knowing anyone there... and my serious lack of knowledge makes me still a beginner after 4 years sweatdrop BUT I do think it'd be awesome to meet up some time anyway! 3nodding Maybe you should come to the picnic?

Hmm, we're about 148 miles away, which according to google is like 2 and a half hours away (by car) but I'd have to get the train.

So it would depend on when that picnic is. Trains are lame and expensive D=  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:28 am
koudelkaW
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Hmm, we're about 148 miles away, which according to google is like 2 and a half hours away (by car) but I'd have to get the train.

So it would depend on when that picnic is. Trains are lame and expensive D=

I see xd That's like when I try to go to London by train, it can be a loooong journey. The picnic is in June but so far hasn't had the date posted, I just know it'll be on a Sunday in Jesmond Dene for midsummer. I can let you know when they announce the date in case you or anyone else decides to come 3nodding lol, I still have to actually find out if I'm going too because it seems kinda scary to go alone sweatdrop  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
I can't seem to find any covens in my areas, even in the nearest big city where there's lots of shops that sell pagan-related stuff. They don't exactly seem to "advertise" neutral

My biggest problem is with still being under the rule of my parents at 17, I need to find one that is trustworthy, appropriate (safe? a lot of solitary/small non-coven groups in my area to some extreme stuff like whipping themselves and smoking weed. That's a no-go for me, whether I need my parents to trust the coven I choose or not) and open to people under 18. I know that most of them don't do that in America, but I'm not sure about the UK and it seems most older/more serious pagans I talk to will not take me seriously AT ALL until I join a coven!

I don't want to be deemed a fluffy bunny, but it would be good to be with like-minded people anyway. Solitary is kinda lonely confused

If you are in the UK... have you checked out the Children of Artemis website? They are based in the UK, and are one of the larger Craft related organizations over there, including listings of local events.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm
Thanks for the link, too2sweet 3nodding I gave it a quick lookover and couldn't find any nearby gatherings but I think I'll have another more thorough look soon and keep watch for any more events popping up.  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
I see xd That's like when I try to go to London by train, it can be a loooong journey. The picnic is in June but so far hasn't had the date posted, I just know it'll be on a Sunday in Jesmond Dene for midsummer. I can let you know when they announce the date in case you or anyone else decides to come 3nodding lol, I still have to actually find out if I'm going too because it seems kinda scary to go alone sweatdrop

If you can let me know that would be great xd I'm not 100% sure I could go though, the trains suck D=

If you're worried about going alone, perhaps you could contact the people who are running it? Talk to them a bit to get to know them so it won't feel as scary xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am
That's a good idea 4laugh  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Hesperia the Goddess

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 pm
Anyone in North Carolina, USA? Yes? No?

Okay then...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 pm
Anyone near San Luis Obispo, Ca?

PM me, please. One more person and we can make a coven.  

Great_Lord_Raziel

Spumescent

Invisible Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:42 pm
Is there anyone in Washington [Not D.C.]?
I'm so lonely up here o3o
If you're located near Lynnwood, Everett, or Marysville, PM me please! :3

The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas