Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Back to Guilds

A guild for anybody and everybody who loves any aspect about Japan! 

Tags: japan, language, anime, fashion, manga 

Reply ~ My Japan 私の日本 ~
Japanese Dramas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please add a Poll!
  Thank you! :3
View Results

Hayash1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:57 pm
So I've recently started to watch Japanese dramas cause I wanted to learn the language and the first one I clicked was Hana Yori Dango since it was in the most popular.

I just finished it and well, I actually liked it...quite a bit. Even though I'm a guy. But whatever! It was a good drama :]

Can anyone recommend any more series for me to watch? Thanks. Not really a drama fanatic though since I usually watch Anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:44 pm
I watched bits and pieces of a series called "Oh Dad!" back when I took Japanese. It looked interesting but I generally didn't know what was going on! lol The Japanese title is "Oyaji."  

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Sora Itou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:46 pm
If you want really good j-dramas, go to viikii, has k, j, c, t, and other countries with people subbing in all languages, and its streaming which people generally like : )

But otherwise, i reccomend to everyone to watch yankee kun to megurane chan. its really good, and popular currently. they do talk a bit fast at some points, so not the best to watch to learn.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 pm
Like how fast lol? I am primarily watching to try to learn Japanese as anime isn't really how people would talk in real life.

Thanks for the suggestions!~  

Hayash1

Sora Itou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 pm
the standard drama thing, when someone gets angry its like miles of words per minute. otherwise its pretty clear, and if you dont learn anything, at least youll be spending your time wisely on a good drama :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:41 pm
I probably won't learn anything razz I just watch for the enjoyment most of the time. And I'm bored at home when I can't go out haha.  

Hayash1

lhama012

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:29 am
Some of the best ones are Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi.
I more over watch all types of Asian Drama and know more
Mandarin (subbed to English) drama. ^^ Hana Kimi is great in both Mandarin and Japanese. I recommend Hana Kimi. It is funny, enjoyable, and has a bit of romance.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 pm
Hayash1
So I've recently started to watch Japanese dramas cause I wanted to learn the language and the first one I clicked was Hana Yori Dango since it was in the most popular.

I just finished it and well, I actually liked it...quite a bit. Even though I'm a guy. But whatever! It was a good drama :]

Can anyone recommend any more series for me to watch? Thanks. Not really a drama fanatic though since I usually watch Anime.

I watched the Korean version of hana yori dango and that was really good.
I don't watch J-Dramas either, I've seen only one. papa to musume no nanokakan (father and daughter's 7 days). It's about how a father and a daughter with a bad relationship accidentally switch bodies and how they deal with it (: It was good.  

C O O K i E R S

Sparkly Sophomore

6,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Hayash1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 pm
C O O K i E R S
Hayash1

I watched the Korean version of hana yori dango and that was really good.
I don't watch J-Dramas either, I've seen only one. papa to musume no nanokakan (father and daughter's 7 days). It's about how a father and a daughter with a bad relationship accidentally switch bodies and how they deal with it (: It was good.

Mmm I'll watch it. K-dramas are good but I want to engulf myself in Japanese media. I'll be tempted to try to learn Korean and make a half-assed attempt. Right now 100% mind on Japanese.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:15 pm
I suggest if you want a variety, go to MySoju.com. It has asian dramas, divided into sections.

Show wise, I suggest someone like~:
1. Hana Kimi
2. Koizora
3. (if you dont mind violence) Battle Royale
4. (Again for violence) Azumi 1  

lhama012

Meriru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:07 am
Hmm...
Try:
1. For You in Full Bloom (HanaKimi)
2. Akihabara@DEEP
3. Iryu: Team Medical Dragon (if you're into medical stuff)
4. Shibatora

Those are the ones I've watched and liked. I'm currently watching "Voice", a forensics drama. It looks pretty good too, if you're into stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 am
World Within
Full House
(heard of them)

Ritsmi

Familiar Player

Raspberry Panic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:21 pm
1 liter of tears  
~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff