Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Favorite Battle Teams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

metal_blossom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:41 am
What is your favorite battle teams to use in FF games? For me it's:

FF: Fighter, Red Mage, Black Mage, White Mage (Always in that order. It's like a habit. I tried other teams and it just doesn't feel right. And they have to be in that order! rofl )

FFII: I wonder...

FFIII: Knight, Dragoon, Sage, Sage

FFIV: I wonder yet again...

FFV: Have all my characters freelance and just chuck Gil at everyone blaugh

FFVI: Terra, Celes, Edgar, Sabian

FFVII: Really no ref here. I just use whoever feels right each playthrough. I think my last playthrough it was Cloud, Tifa, Cait Sith

FFVIII: Squall, Selphie, Zell

FFIX: The first time I played I relied heavily on magic... So it was Zidane, Vivi, Eiko, Garnet. Now I can't seem to play with any other than a physical based team so I use Zidane, Amranet, Vivi, Stenier.

FFX: Tidus, Auron, Wakka

FFXII: Vaan, Basch, Balthier

FFXIII: Light, Hope, Vanielle. Though during the last battle I switched Light with Snow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm
Wow, that's a tough choice. I always like using Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, or Cloud, Cid, Vincent in FFVII, and Tidus, Lulu, Auron in FFX.  

HyperActivity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 pm
Hmm..Well. Lets see.

Final Fantasy: White Mage, Warrior, Thief, Black Mage
(I like to experiment a lot though. Using four Red Mages is difficult. x.x; wink

Final Fantasy II: Eh. I liked having Leon and Firion i my group. As long as they were there, I liked to fight. ^^

Final Fantasy IV: My favourite team was probably one with Yang, Rydia, Cecil, Rosa, and Edge.

Final Fantasy VII: Cloud (Mandatory, sadly..), Tifa, and Cid.

Final Fantasy VIII: Quistis (^^), Squall, Zell/Rinoa.

Final Fantasy IX: Vivi, Steiner, Amarant, Zidane.

Final Fantasy X: Auron, Wakka, Rikku.

Final Fantasy X-2: Rikku, Yuna, Paine. (^^ wink

Final Fantasy XII: Ashe, Basch, Penelo/Balthier.

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning, Fang, Hope.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:39 pm
Todeskandidaten
Hmm..Well. Lets see.

(I like to experiment a lot though. Using four Red Mages is difficult. x.x; wink

Final Fantasy II: Eh. I liked having Leon and Firion i my group. As long as they were there, I liked to fight. ^^

Final Fantasy IV: My favourite team was probably one with Yang, Rydia, Cecil, Rosa, and Edge.

Hm... Well I was going off the last parties you're forced to have in II and IV... I guess I liked Firion, Guy, and Leon in II, didn't care much for Maria. And in IV I actually do like the Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Edge and Rydia line up.

And perhaps you should try a all White Mage party in FFI, and to make it harder go without the class upgrade XD. Now that'd be hard rofl I tried a single Fighter playthrough (without class upgrade) Didn't make it x.x  

metal_blossom

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 am
My line-up needs a thief. xd I need to rob the mob dry for me to feel I did a complete battle.

FF6: Terra, Sabin, Locke - Physical, Magic, Heal, and Steal.

FF7: Cloud, Yuffie, Cid - Since anyone can be anything, it doesn't really matter. It's all a matter of choosing your fave character.

FF8: Squall, Zell, Selphie - Although I really like Quistis, I love this classic line-up.

FF9: Zidane, Amarant, Dagger - I found myself more a defensive player in FF9 than in any other title.

FF10: Tidus, Kimahri, Rikku - What I do with this line-up is have Kimahri learn Yuna's grid. So I have a Blue mage Priest.

FF10-2: Yuna, Paine, Rikku - Like I have a choice. XD

FF12: Vaan, Penelo, Balthier - Since they can also be anything... but Vaan's my designated thief. I like to use Vaan and Penelo, the third person can be anyone really.

FF13: (I haven't come to the point where I can choose my line-up, but I like Lightning, Sahz, and Hope. ...no thief. sad )  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:29 am
I don't think you can steal in XIII.

Also the funniest thing about FFI is that there is a Thief class, but there never is a steal option. What's up with that? rofl  

metal_blossom

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 am
metal_blossom
Todeskandidaten
Hmm..Well. Lets see.

Hm... Well I was going off the last parties you're forced to have in II and IV... I guess I liked Firion, Guy, and Leon in II, didn't care much for Maria. And in IV I actually do like the Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Edge and Rydia line up.

And perhaps you should try a all White Mage party in FFI, and to make it harder go without the class upgrade XD. Now that'd be hard rofl I tried a single Fighter playthrough (without class upgrade) Didn't make it x.x

Lol. Yeah..It's quite difficult..I guess it's all about learned how to adapt your style. Personally, I just like to go in and mess everyone up with all my mages and fighters. Mainly fighters (Which is why I made sure Fang is always beef'd in Commando and she had the first *'d 2nd tier weapon. With Lightning behind. razz ) But yeah. Never was one for healing and stuff, which is why XIII is a little challenging for me.

Curse you, Combat Clinic!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 am
Final Fantasy VI - Terra, Sabin, Cyan, Edgar

Final Fantasy VII - Cloud, Barret, Red XIII

Final Fantasy VIII - Squall, Quistis, Zell

Final Fantasy IX - Zidane, Vivi, Eiko, Steiner

Final Fantasy X - Tidus, Wakka, Rikku

Final Fantasy XII - Vaan, Basch, Ashe  

Samejima Kyouhei

5,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 am
I quite like having a thief on my team as well, but I don't need to have one. I personally like it in FFX where you could make anyone a thief, which is what I did (although technically I made everyone a thief/white mage/black mage/etc..)

Teams (FF7 on):

FF7: Cloud, Barret, Red XIII/Yuffie (Depending on what my plan for the day was)
FF8: Suqall, Irvine/Seifer (hax!!!), Quistis/Selphie
FF9: Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, Amarant/Garnet
FFX: Tidus, Rikku, Auron/Wakka
FFX-2: Warrior, Dark Knight, Alchemist
FF12: Can't remember, but probably Vann, Fran, Penelo (I didn't get far into the game before it broke in fairness)
FF13: Not at a choosing point yet. I'll probably go for Lightning, Snow and Fang though.

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games