Reply Debate and Discussion
Getting personal here.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swirly Pickles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:47 am
This will be an extremely awkward thread for most of us, but some users may be too timid to ask. But wait! We can't discuss "this" without knowing what we're discussing!
Masturbation.
Some people say it's a sin, others say it's perfectly healthy. I was never appealed by the idea, but that's just me, a silly prudish church girl.
People, we want answers. If the bible says it's wrong, show us WHERE. I understand that many young children do such without any standpoint on the moral issues of it, but does that still excuse it?
Discuss.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm
I believe that there is already another thread that discusses this topic. Nonetheless, I shall share what I believe on the subject.

First, I believe that it is important to define masturbation. Webster's dictionary defines it as "erotic stimulation especially of one's own genital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sexual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sexual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies."

I will put emphasis on sexual intercourse and fantasies. You see, touching ourselves in and of itself is perfectly fine. Maybe I'm itchy or uncomfortable. But if I start lusting after something that I shouldn't have (e.g., sexual intercourse outside of marriage), that is when things start to get messy. Jesus said: "You have heard it said: do not commit adultery. But I tell you, if a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has committed adultery in his heart." So, looking is one thing, but masturbating is a step further, and once it is started, it is extremely difficult to stop (I've heard it's harder to stop M than it is to stop crack). In other words, keep yourself pure for marriage, especially if that is what you want. It is how God designed things: for a man and woman to unite in a holy unity, and then to have a family.

Thanks for the read! Questions? Comments?  

Orizion

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff