Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Dissidia Voice Actors review.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 pm
I got bored so i went on for how the voices for each character felt. I will be skipping 7 and 10 as the voice actors stayed the same somewhat and Gabranth is Basch's voice actor from 12 (no kidding click here.)

So first off is FF1
Warrior of Light: Grant George (i remember him from Disgaea as either King Krichevskoy, or Dark Adonis [Mid-boss] in the game.)
Nothing much to it. he fits the role nicely.

Garland: Christopher Sabat (I LOVED him in DBZ. Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Shenron, General Silver, Kami, King Piccolo, Zarbon, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guru, Korin, Mr. Popo, and more.)
His voice made me squeal with joy and made me *Censored*
Garland is a tough person to find a Voice Actor for, but i'm glad they picked Vegeta. I can't think of a word that can say how nice it is to hear him voice act a FF icon.

On to 2.
Firion: Johnny Yong Bosch (I will remember him from Trigun as Vash the Stampede himself.) I may not of played two until the remakes but i still found Firon's voice cool at sometimes but then it dips to the "What did he say?" lines. Still great.

The Emperor: Christopher Corey Smith (I am surprised to find out he voiced Mr. Champloo from Disgaea 3)
He has attitude and he has the evil tone in the voice. Nice choice and hard to pull off. Although at some points i felt like they could of picked a better voice.

3 time!
Onion Knight: Aaron Spann. I hate the character and i HATE the Voice. I know Onion Knight is suppose to be young but he sounds like a brat at some points and it annoys me. I think they should of made him a bit more serious in tone.

Cloud of Darkness: Laura *Freaking* Bailey. (Or Lust in FMA English. God i love her.)
Perfect voice for a Character that is 25% naked and wielding two tentacle things.

now for 4.
Cecil Harvey: Yuri Lowenthal (Most recognized as Simon from Gurren Lagann English version)
It's nice. Nothing too over the top and i think fits well.

Golbez: Peter Beckman (only did like two or three other VA.)
Golbez is my favorite neutral guy. The voice actor is indeed excellent in capturing his old and wise persona. I LOVE HIM.

5 for 5
Bartz/Butz: Jason Spisak (not many good roles except Ryuho from S-CRY-ed)
Not much. I liked it at times and didn't like it. It's on an even scale.

Exdeath: Gerald C. Rivers (Street Fighter 4's M. Bison)
Unlike M. Bison but more like Golbez, i fell in love with him as well. That deep voice and talking about Void (my favorite element BTW) makes him creepy in Dissidia. #2 on my list.

6 is where i begun in FF...
Terra Branford: Natalie Lander (in video games, GOW 3's Pandora). She had the feel...but it didn't make me go "Exactly like i imagined." More like kind of like i imagined. Some points i wished Terra would of sounded more evil-ish when using her EX burst. Mix feel on that one.

Kefka Palazzo: Dave Wittenberg. (A lot of Minor roles and too many to choose one.) What is better than reading the Funny lines of Kefka in FF6? Why, hearing how he sounds. And indeed, his VA was a very perfect choice. this Youtube clip says it all. I do enjoy hearing him when going against Exdeath.

Squall Leonheart: Doug Erholtz (like Kefka, nothing notable)
Same as warrior of light, nothing special.

Ultimecia: Tasia Valenza (Sniper Wolf in the first MGS.)
Balanced, not too cool and not lame. May of been better but that's just me.

Zidane: Bryce Papenbrook.
Again, balanced but more towards a "Fits like a glove" Level.

and finally
Kuja: JD Cullum (he was in Revenge of the Nerds. Not much VA work)
No comment. He is fine, nothing too bad.

I only wanted a short review and i only did the ones that didn't have a VA. as for Shantotto? Candi Milo is the VA but if you do not recognize her from oh... DEXTER in Dexter's Laboratory season 3 and 4 or Cheese, Crackers, Coco and Madame Foster from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, then you need to look her up and see what she has done.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:01 am
Very well thought out summary. I pretty much agree with the speculations of how well each voice fit each character. Not much else to be said on the matter really. sweatdrop  

Arikaz

Omniislash

Friendly Giver

8,225 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm
Parth Makeo
I got bored so i went on for how the voices for each character felt. I will be skipping 7 and 10 as the voice actors stayed the same somewhat and Gabranth is Basch's voice actor from 12 (no kidding click here.)

So first off is FF1
Warrior of Light: Grant George (i remember him from Disgaea as either King Krichevskoy, or Dark Adonis [Mid-boss] in the game.)
Nothing much to it. he fits the role nicely.

Garland: Christopher Sabat (I LOVED him in DBZ. Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, Shenron, General Silver, Kami, King Piccolo, Zarbon, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guru, Korin, Mr. Popo, and more.)
His voice made me squeal with joy and made me *Censored*
Garland is a tough person to find a Voice Actor for, but i'm glad they picked Vegeta. I can't think of a word that can say how nice it is to hear him voice act a FF icon.

On to 2.
Firion: Johnny Yong Bosch (I will remember him from Trigun as Vash the Stampede himself.) I may not of played two until the remakes but i still found Firon's voice cool at sometimes but then it dips to the "What did he say?" lines. Still great.

The Emperor: Christopher Corey Smith (I am surprised to find out he voiced Mr. Champloo from Disgaea 3)
He has attitude and he has the evil tone in the voice. Nice choice and hard to pull off. Although at some points i felt like they could of picked a better voice.

3 time!
Onion Knight: Aaron Spann. I hate the character and i HATE the Voice. I know Onion Knight is suppose to be young but he sounds like a brat at some points and it annoys me. I think they should of made him a bit more serious in tone.

Cloud of Darkness: Laura *Freaking* Bailey. (Or Lust in FMA English. God i love her.)
Perfect voice for a Character that is 25% naked and wielding two tentacle things.

now for 4.
Cecil Harvey: Yuri Lowenthal (Most recognized as Simon from Gurren Lagann English version)
It's nice. Nothing too over the top and i think fits well.

Golbez: Peter Beckman (only did like two or three other VA.)
Golbez is my favorite neutral guy. The voice actor is indeed excellent in capturing his old and wise persona. I LOVE HIM.

5 for 5
Bartz/Butz: Jason Spisak (not many good roles except Ryuho from S-CRY-ed)
Not much. I liked it at times and didn't like it. It's on an even scale.

Exdeath: Gerald C. Rivers (Street Fighter 4's M. Bison)
Unlike M. Bison but more like Golbez, i fell in love with him as well. That deep voice and talking about Void (my favorite element BTW) makes him creepy in Dissidia. #2 on my list.

6 is where i begun in FF...
Terra Branford: Natalie Lander (in video games, GOW 3's Pandora). She had the feel...but it didn't make me go "Exactly like i imagined." More like kind of like i imagined. Some points i wished Terra would of sounded more evil-ish when using her EX burst. Mix feel on that one.

Kefka Palazzo: Dave Wittenberg. (A lot of Minor roles and too many to choose one.) What is better than reading the Funny lines of Kefka in FF6? Why, hearing how he sounds. And indeed, his VA was a very perfect choice. this Youtube clip says it all. I do enjoy hearing him when going against Exdeath.

Squall Leonheart: Doug Erholtz (like Kefka, nothing notable)
Same as warrior of light, nothing special.

Ultimecia: Tasia Valenza (Sniper Wolf in the first MGS.)
Balanced, not too cool and not lame. May of been better but that's just me.

Zidane: Bryce Papenbrook.
Again, balanced but more towards a "Fits like a glove" Level.

and finally
Kuja: JD Cullum (he was in Revenge of the Nerds. Not much VA work)
No comment. He is fine, nothing too bad.

I only wanted a short review and i only did the ones that didn't have a VA. as for Shantotto? Candi Milo is the VA but if you do not recognize her from oh... DEXTER in Dexter's Laboratory season 3 and 4 or Cheese, Crackers, Coco and Madame Foster from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, then you need to look her up and see what she has done.

Eh Terra voice acting sucked to me XD
but Kefka was very epic <333 PERFECT XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 am
It's the truth All the voices sound good except for terra she sounds like she's going to get kidnapped also onion knight I mean at the final scene he sounds like a girl. Zidanes voice is perfect he sounds carefree.  

khforever12

khforever12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 am
Oh yeah squall sounds like a smoker seriously  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 am
khforever12
Oh yeah squall sounds like a smoker seriously

They probably weren't trying to make him sound like a smoker. They were probably trying to go for a more serious tone for him, or shall I say "more mature".  

Eclairsu

Eclairsu

Princess Kitten

Rindia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:25 pm
i dont know terras voice sounded too weak, shes not weak, she can distroy a whole planet if she wants to, and Onionknight OHHH my god his voice made me want to b***h slap him and throw him off a cliff. lol  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games