Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 pm
User Image

It was an odd day indeed to see Mojito travel away from the pack. He needed a different view on the world to make sure he wanted to join, a second opinion that wasn't biased. His vibrant paws kicked up dirt as he pranced across a dry patch.

He was sooooo hungry, but prey was scarce because plant life was scarce. Wherever he was, everything was dead. Feeling dejected, he padded and poked around until he saw a big, leafy plant. "Well, better than nothing!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 pm
User Image

The sun was a gift to the large lion as he laid sprawled out on the bare ground. He really didn't care that there was no prey about, really he didn't mind not eating them. Pattin smiled lazily, maybe he should just quit hunting altogether. After all he only hunted once in a moon by now. Plants might sustain him.

With a laugh the lion shook his head and stood. Could he even bother to hurt something like a plant even? His tail flicked with faint amusement, before something caught his eye. With a roar he dashed towards a wild dog, "Wait, wait!"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Mojito nommed on a mouthful and curiously turned his head to look over his shoulder to see what the fuss was.

Instantly his ears flew back and he shrieked.

"I'm sorry! Oh man, I'm really, really sorry. I didn't know this was yours." The wild dog spat out what little was left in his mouth and scampered back. If he took off, the lion might charge after him, but if he stayed, he'd be dead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:34 pm
"Aww no." Pattin groaned like his best friend had just been mauled by a rabid pack of hyenas. That poor plant! Though as he got closer and his gaze picked up every detail, the lion sighed in relief. It wasn't that type after all. "Good. Nothing rare or endangered that."

Really he never even heard half of what the wild dog yelled. Instead Pattin blinked in confusion. You'd think the dog was afraid of something. "Hey!" He padded towards the dog and looked at him. "Are you okay? It wasn't what I thought it was after all." The big lion smiled in relief, "Perfectly safe that one is."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 pm
"Ya, good, really good." Mojito said shakily before gulping. He was bouncing back and forth on the pads of his paws. Any minute, any minute now he was going to have to run for his life. GODS, could today get any worse? He was starving, thirsty, and tired. Now, almost dead could be added to the list.

With every advancing step, he backpedaled. "Like I said, I'm really sorry. I had no idea this were your plants or that they were special."

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:08 pm
"Well that's good." Pattin sighed in relief, he never really wanted to scare or hurt anyone unless it was for defense. And this poor creature hadn't been doing anything wrong - that he knew of at least.

"My special plants?" Pattin blinked before letting out a roar of laughter. "No-no! You're wrong, these are just weeds." The lion's body shook even as he stilled the loud laughs. "Is that what you were afraid of? Don't worry, I have no qualms against you for that."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm
"Weeds? Your kidding, right?" Mojito's jaw hit the floor. He was freaking out over some weeds? Lions were strange, strange creatures.

The young adult sighed in relief, allowing his shoulders to droop. "Thats a load off my mind. I really thought you were going to kill me." His tongue scraped across the top of his mouth before he spat out the last bits of weed. Tummy grumbled in protest. "So...which one of these weeds is gonna fill me up?"

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm
"No." Pattin blinked innocently at the dog, "No telling if it was any rare plant out here." He chuckled, "I didn't get to check them yet and so I was worried."

"Nah. Killing is a nasty business. I prefer being peaceful myself." Pattin tilted his head, "You eat weeds?" How odd. He always thought dogs ate meat as well, "Anyways, there are some over here that you can dig up. The root is good for nutrients and can fill you up." He waved a paw through the air and lead the dog towards a small area covered in weed looking plants. "Here they are." His sharp claws dug into the ground as he easily popped one out and chewed at the end of it. "Yup, these work."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:01 am
Mojito scrunched up his snout. "Not usually, but there isn't anything here to hunt except you." He motioned to the lion with a paw before sighing, his stomach rumbling. Lethargically, he followed after the larger male, tail laying limp behind him as he peeped around the lion's shoulder.

Roots? He was going to eat roots? Mojito swallowed and counted back from ten. "Better than nothing." Following the example, he popped one up and took a big bite, immediately regretting it. The right side of his face screwed up, and after a tense moment, he swallowed the mouthful. "I will never get used to that."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:07 pm
"I suppose that would be a reason to eat weeds then." Chuckled Pattin as he watched the dog trying to eat the roots. A bit of him winced with the dog's reaction before he just shook his head lightly, "I've heard some of the healthiest things for you can be the worst tasting."

The lion looked over at the wild dog once more, "I haven't hunted myself recently else I would offer you some meat. But what brings you out this far without a pack to hunt with?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:47 pm
"Yeah, well, these must be REALLY good for me," Mojito pouted, grimacing even as he ate. Ugh, these things were rank, but they were the only thing around that didn't have a big mane, so it was as good as a gazelle to him.

"Living." He looked up from the root, and chuckled a little. "Wandering from place to place - that's just my style. I was in a pack for a while, with a mate, but...well, she went her way and I went mine." The pack dispersed, and she hadn't stuck around. He tried to pretend it didn't sting, but it did. "Thanks for the help, though. When I'm done with this I'll get out of your fur. Just needed a pick me up, and bam, out I go!"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm

As if he hadn't seen this type moving around before. The big lion sighed at his own weakness of heart. It wasn't a weakness, but curse the gods his soft heart could get him into trouble. This time though Pattin figured there would be problem helping, "Like I would let you out of my fur so easily after hearing that."

The lion nudged the wild dog, "You aren't the first dog I've let tag along, so if you're interested I need some good meat and there's a good herd traveling south...I can't eat a full beast by myself as it is. So if you're coming come if not then good luck."

Not saying another word the lion started moving along only pausing to check over his shoulder if Mojito would be behind him.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:40 am
"Hey man, now thats an offer!" He beamed, happy as a peach. Mojito couldn't turn down free food when it was being dangled out infront of him like that. This lion was one cool cat.

He would go with him for a while and see what was happening. After that he would branch out to find other parties. Maybe even come back by to repay the favor, if all of this turned out to be as good as he was told.

Grinning, the wild dog trotted after the other briskly.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games