Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sybil Unrest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 am
Aquiella
Sybil Unrest
I'm not sure magic - or witchcraft - is evil, anyway.

There are, and always have been, Christian magic-users, and I have sitting on my shelf a book called "Ancient Christian Magic".

Magic biblically is only condemned when it involves idolatry, lies, poisoning or necromancy.

One big problem with that book you mentioned.

Who wrote it? A christian or an atheist?

I've no idea of the religious beliefs of the scholar who wrote it, but the people who wrote the incantations etc were Christians.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 pm
Sybil Unrest
Aquiella
Sybil Unrest
I'm not sure magic - or witchcraft - is evil, anyway.

There are, and always have been, Christian magic-users, and I have sitting on my shelf a book called "Ancient Christian Magic".

Magic biblically is only condemned when it involves idolatry, lies, poisoning or necromancy.

One big problem with that book you mentioned.

Who wrote it? A christian or an atheist?

I've no idea of the religious beliefs of the scholar who wrote it, but the people who wrote the incantations etc were Christians.

Still, unless the book is written by someone who can interpret it through Christianity sufficiently, it's just a curiosity. It'd have to be someone who was versed in beliefs and mysticism.  

ShideKnight

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm
Cyngel
Lol. Yeah. Gaming Nerds unite XD. And it's cool. My points are prolly going to be over the place. I'm half-asleep.

Anywho. The Celts were one of the first to adopt worship of a deity or deities. Granted polytheism has different Gods and Goddesses but again who's to say that God couldn't show himself in the forms of the Gods and Goddesses. Now Israelites weren't the first people to adopt to monotheism. There was a cult in Egypt, led by King Tut's father when his father was ruler, that adopted to montheistic belief. They believed that this Amut (I think that's his name) was the one true God. Which could be the basis of what we think Jesus could be or what the Abrahamic God could be.

Tolerance and understanding are the stepping stones to achieving true peace. If we as humans are tolerant and understanding towards others, then we can be closer to achieving peace and unity. I'm idealistic. Leave me alone. -.-

People prolly didn't ask Jesus or God for forgiveness because they unconsciously knew that God is with them no matter what they do. And that he forgives them even if they don't ask for it. One of the principles is to forgive those that have harmed you even though they themselves didn't ask for forgiveness. To ask God for forgiveness means to me that God is being hypocritical and not following his own word and law, if the Bible is his word and law.

I've had my share of things thrown at me, and I only forgive those that have shown to me that are worthy of my forgiveness and will not do that deed again. It's hard for humans to forgive others because we are imperfect, we hold grudges against people thinking once this grudge has been completed or our revenge has been completed they think they will be happy. When that isn't the case.

Humanity claims ignorance by claiming that God is this hateful God and if you don't do xyz he'll send you to Hell or damn you or something else. I mean come on. We know God is a benevolent God. He's a caring God. etc. That's being ignorant about who God truly is. But again we can't know God's plan because God could change his plan. Sure God is unchanging in the way he presents himself. But who's to say he can't change his plan. neutral

And LSD, meh I dun care what people say. The basic definition of a Christian is that you accept Jesus as lord and savior. And they pretty much do that. They're just backwards.

Okay. I am going to abstain from serious conversation for a few days... I don't know, but I don't feel like thinking in strait lines right now blaugh

Maybe we can pick this up again at a later date.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:57 pm
ShideKnight
Cyngel
Lol. Yeah. Gaming Nerds unite XD. And it's cool. My points are prolly going to be over the place. I'm half-asleep.

Anywho. The Celts were one of the first to adopt worship of a deity or deities. Granted polytheism has different Gods and Goddesses but again who's to say that God couldn't show himself in the forms of the Gods and Goddesses. Now Israelites weren't the first people to adopt to monotheism. There was a cult in Egypt, led by King Tut's father when his father was ruler, that adopted to montheistic belief. They believed that this Amut (I think that's his name) was the one true God. Which could be the basis of what we think Jesus could be or what the Abrahamic God could be.

Tolerance and understanding are the stepping stones to achieving true peace. If we as humans are tolerant and understanding towards others, then we can be closer to achieving peace and unity. I'm idealistic. Leave me alone. -.-

People prolly didn't ask Jesus or God for forgiveness because they unconsciously knew that God is with them no matter what they do. And that he forgives them even if they don't ask for it. One of the principles is to forgive those that have harmed you even though they themselves didn't ask for forgiveness. To ask God for forgiveness means to me that God is being hypocritical and not following his own word and law, if the Bible is his word and law.

I've had my share of things thrown at me, and I only forgive those that have shown to me that are worthy of my forgiveness and will not do that deed again. It's hard for humans to forgive others because we are imperfect, we hold grudges against people thinking once this grudge has been completed or our revenge has been completed they think they will be happy. When that isn't the case.

Humanity claims ignorance by claiming that God is this hateful God and if you don't do xyz he'll send you to Hell or damn you or something else. I mean come on. We know God is a benevolent God. He's a caring God. etc. That's being ignorant about who God truly is. But again we can't know God's plan because God could change his plan. Sure God is unchanging in the way he presents himself. But who's to say he can't change his plan. neutral

And LSD, meh I dun care what people say. The basic definition of a Christian is that you accept Jesus as lord and savior. And they pretty much do that. They're just backwards.

Okay. I am going to abstain from serious conversation for a few days... I don't know, but I don't feel like thinking in strait lines right now blaugh

Maybe we can pick this up again at a later date.
Or we can take it over a pm or instant messenger it's up to you hun. ^.^ I'll be glad to give you my sn.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Eirana Bearheart

Restoring Cleric

8,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Generous 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:01 pm
I believe in magic, but I don't believe it's all evil.

There is magic in nature that comes from God himself.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff