Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 pm
My impression: I do not like.
They can be seen here.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/video/doctor-who.jsp?bclid=59272646001&bctid=59919891001

The trailer for me gives off kinda a 'Disney made this' vibe and i think its all the swirly colors, floating and what not and how you already can tell he is infatuated with his new companion and i get this "and they will live together happily ever after" feeling from it all.
Oh and about the logo... its cute that they made a tardis out of it but, i really don't like it compared to The old one, i'm not entirely sure why though. Maybe that's just a dislike for change.

So, i was going to give the new guy a chance even though my impression given by Matt in the regen in the latest episode was not a positive one. Plus the man's head is the strangest shape and has one of the largest foreheads i have ever seen. Now after seeing these I think they are trying to make this into a teen/preteen audience directed scifi show. Which makes me kinda sad and deters me from watching. Of course, I will undoubtedly watch it out of my love for the series as a whole, but i foresee lots of complaining in my future. I hope to be wrong.

What are your first impressions of the new doctor and the new revamped logo?
Opinons? Comments?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 am
So I agree about the logo. I like a logo that involves the whole title and not just initials. However, I didn't really see an infatuation with the girl, just his good old excitment at a new adventure with a new person. I am, however, sick of contemporary human femals as lone companion. It's really getting boring.  

Runa Whynd

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:30 pm
By the way, my answer to the poll? A little bit of everything.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games