Submit

What do you think...?
  Hey... Maybe you're on to something...
  Nah, it's too early to tell.
  I could care less.
View Results

KitsuneSaria

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 am
I can't say this for sure, but from reading the manual to Spirit Tracks, I think I have an idea for where it fits in the Zelda timeline. Of course, this only works if you believe in the split timeline theory.

Anyways, I can't say for certain (as I just got the game yesterday and haven't had the time to play it), but I believe this one goes in the same time period as Phantom Hourglass. Now, obvious, Tetra isn't so soon to abandon her pirate ways so shortly after Phantom Hourglass, which leads me to believe that it takes place on the alternate timeline. A few of my reasons are:

1. (not entirely confirmed) The manual says Linebeck makes an appearance as a merchant in the business of treasure. From the way it sounds, he doesn't seem to remember Link.

2. Zelda is still ruling a kingdom. In Wind Waker we were told that Hyrule was sunk. Case closed on that. However, There has been no specific mention that her current kingdom is Hyrule Kingdom, so it's still up in the air.

3. No mention of Ganon specifically, the antagonist of the game is just referred to as the Demon King. This reason could be highly debatable, though.

Anyways, this is mere speculation/theories as to the game's placement. Feel free to debate it. Just no spoilers please (should anyone have already plowed through the game yesterday).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 am
I think it's already been said that this game stars the grandchildren of Link and Tetra... they're like cousins or something I guess... Niko is the same Niko from WindWaker, but he's ancient, so it's the same timeline, same universe.

This is the new Hyrule that *Wind Waker spoilers*the King talked about at the end of WindWaker when he let the barrier drop that held the great seat suspended above hyrule. Something which would have greatly altered the landscape of mountain peaks, at LEAST making all of the islands much bigger, and probably connecting a lot of the tiny islands... but no, that's not what happened. The new Hyrule is somewhere completely different, or something.*/Spoilers*  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

KitsuneSaria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 am
(Thank you for whiting out the spoiler. I didn't read it) Yeah, I finally got to start the game last night, and my theory was blown.

So...theory #2: Does anyone else see a striking resemblance:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:58 am
I refuse to believe that Tetra would put around in a steam powered wheelchair >.>  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:41 pm
Question!
There was nothing but sea in Wind Waker...WTF DID THE OCEAN GO!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm
BlueSparker
Question!
Well, my Windwaker spoilers up at the top won't spoil Spirit tracks for you, maybe I should make note of that.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Little LIt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 am
SPOILER ALERT

i have been playin spirit tracks way too much burning_eyes But spirit tracks takes place 100 years after the events on hourglass. I cant remember who said it though. i herd it on the nintendo channel. at the very beginning of the game you see Niko as an old fart! So it cant be on the other side of the timeline. You see Linebecks grandson. Not the real linebeck. His name is Linebeck lll.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 pm
Why can't we just let it be that the game is a legend; a series of stories alternating? In a real legend, the different twists would be told by the one telling it, but Zelda is always told by Shiggy razz
sure, there are sequels like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Zelda II, etc; but why does there have to be a connection to each of them? I'm pretty sure after a bunch of different people wearing the Link garb saved Hyrule so many times, the clothing would be recognized as a symbol of heroism (much like how Outset Island clothed young boys in such clothes when they came of age in tradition for the Hero of Time)  

vidjagames

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am
i mapped out an entire time line for the legend of zelda sereis but i cdont really have time to post it at the moment but ill get back to you guys with it soon so you will know casue knowledge is power and power corrupts so go to school be evil.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am
vidjagames
Why can't we just let it be that the game is a legend; a series of stories alternating? In a real legend, the different twists would be told by the one telling it, but Zelda is always told by Shiggy razz
sure, there are sequels like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Zelda II, etc; but why does there have to be a connection to each of them? I'm pretty sure after a bunch of different people wearing the Link garb saved Hyrule so many times, the clothing would be recognized as a symbol of heroism (much like how Outset Island clothed young boys in such clothes when they came of age in tradition for the Hero of Time)
Shigeru miyamoto hasn't been the director since... God, when was the last time? It's Eiji Aonuma or something... now.

And in many cases the games were quite clearly sequels and had parallels to the backstories of other games.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm
[Kegan]
vidjagames
Shigeru miyamoto hasn't been the director since... God, when was the last time? It's Eiji Aonuma or something... now.

And in many cases the games were quite clearly sequels and had parallels to the backstories of other games.

"The Oft-Broken Saga of Zelda"?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 pm
If Link and Zelda are related... this is more sick than Birdo's backstory...  

bloodsoaked

Xain_Ivan_Williams

4,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:38 am
KitsuneSaria
I can't say this for sure, but from reading the manual to Spirit Tracks, I think I have an idea for where it fits in the Zelda timeline. Of course, this only works if you believe in the split timeline theory.

Anyways, I can't say for certain (as I just got the game yesterday and haven't had the time to play it), but I believe this one goes in the same time period as Phantom Hourglass. Now, obvious, Tetra isn't so soon to abandon her pirate ways so shortly after Phantom Hourglass, which leads me to believe that it takes place on the alternate timeline. A few of my reasons are:

1. (not entirely confirmed) The manual says Linebeck makes an appearance as a merchant in the business of treasure. From the way it sounds, he doesn't seem to remember Link.

2. Zelda is still ruling a kingdom. In Wind Waker we were told that Hyrule was sunk. Case closed on that. However, There has been no specific mention that her current kingdom is Hyrule Kingdom, so it's still up in the air.

3. No mention of Ganon specifically, the antagonist of the game is just referred to as the Demon King. This reason could be highly debatable, though.

Anyways, this is mere speculation/theories as to the game's placement. Feel free to debate it. Just no spoilers please (should anyone have already plowed through the game yesterday).
well im a more experienced player (i beat it the day it came out) so yea there is a time line you know wind waker its 100 years after that. and phantom hourglass its about 50 years after wind waker so link has alot of generations.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 am
BlueSparker
Question!
the ocean is the ocean realm... and theres a twist to it!!!  

Xain_Ivan_Williams

4,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items