Reply Debate and Discussion
soaps Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alchem_DeRogue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 am
Theres not much good on anymore...I like watching Mythbusters!!! You get to learn something and blow stuff up!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:31 am
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
LadyAmbrosia
I guess the only one I really watch is Day's of Our Lives. I don't think it's that bad, all the main Character's are Catholic, and they seem to be praying alot... but that could just be latley, because Clair is dying...

They may be Catholic, but do they live their faith?

LadyAmbrosia
Anyway I disagree, I don't think that soap operas are that bad, it's something entertaining for the house-wives to watch while their husbands are out. There is only so much cleaning that you can do in a house daily...

I disagree, because most of what is depicted in a majority of soap operas does not reflect true Christian values; thus, I believe Christians should not associate themselves with such things.

Besides, the housewives can always watch The Price Is Right.

Not if they don't have satilite! lol, I see your point, they don't alway's show Christian values, but they pray, and they don't take Christ out of Christmas... but ya, I suppose that's just me making excuses because Days is my show...  

LadyAmbrosia

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:06 pm
Oi wey, soap operas.

My mother used to watch them (I would too, when I was in, like, kindergarten). Then she stopped. When I finally realised this, she said that soaps were, basically, 'soft-core, emotional pr0n'.

The analogy has stuck.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:42 pm
LadyAmbrosia
Not if they don't have satilite!

You don't need satellite to get CBS.

LadyAmbrosia
I see your point

Good, most people have a hard time with that.

LadyAmbrosia
they don't alway's show Christian values, but they pray, and they don't take Christ out of Christmas... but ya, I suppose that's just me making excuses because Days is my show...

Yeah, most likely is.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:38 pm
I do need satilite to get CBS, because I'm Canadian, and we don't get that chanell. But I do get your point, there are a million different things I could be doing instead of watching Days'. I'll work on it...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:08 pm
I don't watch much tv. Really my family has never even bought a tv. (The one we have used to be my great-grandmothers) Many channels on our tv are blocked so that my little brother doesn't find anything he's not supposed to. He watches cartoons, my parents watch the weather channel, sports, and sixty minutes and thats about it. xp I've seen some soaps at my friend's houses and most of the time they aren't very interesting to me. What gets my angry is comedy central and MadTv. (I think thats what they are called.) I've seen a little bit of it at my neighbor's house and it was awful! My parents are always saying how the tv has declined from their day. Yes there were not very nice shows back then as there are now but today its a lot harder to find a good interesting show. We used to watch TVLand a lot until they started making all these wierd changes to it.  

Rouwenne

Gallant Gaian

10,650 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bookworm 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:31 pm
im so lost. eek  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items