Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image

((Old cert is old.))

She was glad for her pale coat. The Dawnwalker lands were just as hot as the Firekin lands, though at least the Dawnwalkers had the temple. She was gladly residing safely in she and Vian's selected room within the temple walls, their den, not sure what to do with herself with no work to be done at the moment. A swim sounded nice, but, only if Vian would come with her, she thought. Maybe he'd be back from his own duties soon and they could see about taking a stroll and having said swim then. For the time being she yawned widely, showing off ivory stained fangs before her jaw shut once more, and she stretched out onto her back, tail flopping lazily at her paws.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:06 pm
Vian loped back through the temple, glad to be finished with his duties for the morning. Though it wasn't the hottest part of the day yet, the desert heat was not something to take lightly. He had grown up in it and he knew, especially with his dark coat, that the less time in the direct sunlight during the day the better. Night was any animal's friend in this area.

So he slipped into the den belonging to him and his mate, prepared to settle down for a nap...or at least a little bit of time out of the sun. Thank the gods for the temple. It was a shame he and his siblings hadn't had any such shelter as children.

Seeing Meilin stretched out on the floor he smiled and nipped her tail gently in passing, his own teasing, but affectionate greeting.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm
Her tail flicked again at his n**, opening her eyes lazily as he entered the den. She rolled onto her side as he passed, watching him with quiet, mild curiosity. "Done with your morning rounds?"

It was just a matter of time before Matifu gathered the hunters later for a meeting to plan the next hunt. They kept the pride well fed that way, and she could see where his experience as the head hunter for the Unity Walkers came in. It still amused her to no end to see how much of the Unity Walkers' blood had mingled with the Dawn Walkers'. If this wasn't living up to the two pride's names she didn't know what was, even she and Vian. Neither had been raised in their anscestor's pride ways, so to say, but his bloodline was Dawn Walker and hers was Unity Walker. Then there were the rogues, who knew where their heritage hailed them from. Pridelanders, ex Firekin, they had a little of everything it seemed.

In any case, she'd enjoy the down time while they had it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 pm
"Mmm, yes. Didn't want to be out when the sun was high," Vian replied simply. It was more of an idle comment than an informative statement; Meilin knew the ways of living in the desert, after all. They had spent a long time in both this welcoming one and a more oppressive setting further away. Their experience with the sands was great.

He stretched out his long body, flexing and unflexing the muscles in his front legs as he did so. He then pulled himself back together with an arch of his back, a fluid and smooth motion. He peered one eye at her as he finished stretching, "Napping are we...?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 pm
"Well, I was." She yawned again, as if the very thought made her sleepy once more. She was in rare form today! Sleeping during the day, lazing about, flirting freely? Must be the nap putting her in a better mood than usual, not that it was likely the nap that was to blame so much as the striped male in front of her now. She shifted to stand, circling around him as he came out of his stretch, smirking. "Come to join me?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 pm
"Well, a nap was my intention," he replied in honest ease. After all, what else did a sane desert lion do during midday? Perhaps some indoor cleaning, but many activities were a poor idea in the hottest part of the day. Despite the simplicity of his immediate reply, he didn't let the predictable activity take away from the energy they seemed keen on sharing.

"But doing it with you well...that's a hundred times more appealing," his voice was a low purr, one that barely rumbled in its fluidity. As she circled and she drew near he brought himself closer to lean against her, even going so far as to lift his paw in an attempt to drape it across her body. "I rather like the idea."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Meilin chuckled, leaning into his paw and, because they were within the privacy of their own den, felt comfortable enough to brush her face against the fur of his mane, combing it a bit with her teeth briefly. "I didn't realize that I was such a fun sleep partner..." She teased with a lion's purr, rumbling deep in her chest before drawing her head back and lightly patting her tail against his nearest haunch.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:44 pm
Her ease was amusing, as he knew had he done this in a more visible area she would have responded differently. It was an intriguing quality, one he regarded with great affection. After all, it was what made her Meilin and he'd want nothing else.

"Oh yes, you're quite the best," he murmured. He dropped his head down a little, turning it so his maw was right near her ear and she could feel the warmth of his breath, "I'm either awake all night or I sleep so well I wonder if I've died."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm
The innocent joking and teasing took a different turn then, and were it possible she would have turned bright red as the fairer skinned two-legs often did when embarassed. All that she could show as a feline, however, was a slight bristling of her fur, a shiver, and a flare of her whiskers. Her ear twitched at the warmth of air tickling the more sensitive skin there under her fur.

He was so well spoken and well mannered that, just as her playful side was in total contrast with her public face, so did his teasing often catch her off guard.

"Well, now you're just flattering." She replied with almost a grumble, mood still good, but she wasn't quite as skilled at throwing such teases back at him just yet it seemed. That would take time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:49 pm
He chuckled, sensing her rush of embaressment. It wasn't surprising; he knew she often reacted as such to intamacy. It didn't bother him in the slightest. He found it quiet attractive, in all honesty. She was quite lovely when she was flustered. He had never told her he thought so, however, as the thoughts always arose when reminding her would only cause more embaressment and he never pushed her beyond hardless, affectionate teaching.

"Flattering? That would be dishonest...and an easy lie to detect," he replied, pulling away from her. He took a step to the side, watching her over his shoulder, "I don't suppose you suggest it isn't reciprical? I suppose I'll have to work on that a bit."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:50 pm
She grew more flustered, as clearly shown by the way that her ears quivered and shifted back on her head, especially when he pulled away from her-- far too readily for her liking might we add. Oh dear, what to do? Swallow one's embarrassment to answer the question honestly, or prolong the game by dancing in the shallow pool of denial?

"..."

Her tail rings felt a bit heavy, so she let her tail rest near the ground, sweeping slowly to and fro near the floor.

"It's reciprocated... you big blue tease."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 pm
He chuckled again, a purr creeping into his laugh. He took another few steps from her and then slid down to stretch out across the stone floor of their den. He kept his head upright as he leaned back, facing in her direction. With stretched front paws he gestured for her to come over, "Come here. You did want to nap, didn't you?" Teasing was a matter of balance; he had pushed far enough for now, time to let it receed a little.  

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 pm
"Hmph..." Meilin smirked a little bit as her embarassment began to fade in small doses. Moving closer once again the pale lioness allowed herself to settle down beside him, stretching out slowly and feeling a little bit of his body's warmth seeping in against her fur as she did, a bit at a time. "So I did."  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games