What Arts & Sciences do you do? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do YOU do in the SCA?
  Stick Jock: I just like to fight.
  Fight, make weapons, make armor.
  Animals: Equestrian, coursing hounds, husbandry.
  Mostly arts.
  Mostly sciences.
  I just like to camp and play dress-up.
  I do it all, sirrah!
  Um... We were to understand there would be punch and pie. (GOLD!)
View Results

(((rasberry~kimiko)))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 am
TN_Lark, your embroidery is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it, is there any way I could see the whole thing?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm
So I've made a bunch of new garb for my persona lately but it's all very plain. No decorations or trim or anything. That's because I've decided to leave it plain until I make trim for it myself. I've been learning how to card weave and I've taken a few embroidery classes so I should be able to make my own decorations. I already make all my jewelry and this is something that I feel strongly about. Eventually, when I garb up, I want to be able to say I made everthing I wear, and that everything is as period as I can make it.  

Runa Whynd

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 am
So, once Akim gets home to try it on and let me decide if I want to adjust it, I will be able to sew up the final seam on the sides of the kamis (Yemenite tunic) I made for him... and it will be DONE. It's very plain, but it is of period design, and he'll look fantastic in it. Once I've done his, I can also do mine, so... yay. smile I might even finish in time for the A&S Novice competition at Simple Day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:34 am
(((rasberry~kimiko)))
TN_Lark, your embroidery is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it, is there any way I could see the whole thing?

Thanks so much. Here is another picture of the same piece that shows the whole thing, but not as much of a closeup.

User Image

I have just finished an original piece in the Bayeux style that I will be taking to the A&S competitions this fall. Haven't gotten the pictures of that loaded quite yet.

-Iofa-  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

(((rasberry~kimiko)))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Thanks! I'd love to see the new pictures when you upload them, this is great!!!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff