Yotsuba & The Tickle Monster

Story by Nyperold
Yotsuba&! and All characters © Kiyohiko Azuma
Tickling: M/f, f/f, f/F, Ffff/F, f/M; Upperbody (Underarms, Sides/Ribs, Tummy, Bellybutton), Feet; Requested, Consented, Against Will; Just For Fun, For Revenge; Unrestrained, Human Restraints

(A/N: A couple of quick notes before I begin the story in earnest. I do use honorifics in this story. If you don't like that, complaining will get you nowhere. Also, I do use a smattering of other Japanese, but usually only if it would affect the next syllable of laughter. So there you go. Also also, you should read Yotsuba&! or at least read about it if you want to know who these people are, because I don't tell you much. ^_^; Also also also, the "monster" is metaphorical; there aren't actually any monsters in this story in the literal sense.)

Late one summer's morning, a year after he and his daughter had moved into the neighborhood, Koiwai-san awakened, and looked over at his daughter, Yotsuba, who was still asleep. In her sleep, her pajama top had ridden up, exposing a little of her belly. Koiwai smiled and sat up beside her. He slipped his fingers up under shirt and tickled her tummy. Yotsuba woke up laughing and wiggling. Koiwai kept tickling her, also getting her ribs and armpits. Yotsuba squealed with laughter and tried to get away, but she only got so far when he grabbed her ankles and tickled her feet. Shortly, he stopped.
"That tickled, Daddy!" Yotsuba giggled. "Do it again!"
"Let's have breakfast first, Yotsuba," Koiwai said. "And you might have to go to the bathroom."
They had a breakfast of rice and Jersey milk, after which, as Koiwai had predicted, Yotsuba headed into the bathroom, shut the door, and made use of it.
When she returned, she found her daddy sitting cross-legged on the futon. She climbed into his lap and lay down, pulling up her shirt to bare her belly.
"Ready?" asked her daddy.
"Yeah!" she said.
He started tickling her tummy again, making sure to tickle the inside of her bellybutton.
"AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" she laughed.
When her daddy stopped tickling her, Yotsuba giggled and said, "I'm going over to see Mom!"
I wish she'd stop calling Ayase-san "Mom", thought Koiwai-san, but I guess she's about as close to a mother as she has right now. "Okay," he said, "just stay out of trouble."
Yotsuba got up. "Okay!" She went into the bedroom and changed into a pair of khaki shorts and a white t-shirt with pink shoulders and sleeves. She came out of the bedroom, hugged her daddy, and left, putting her shoes on along the way.

Once inside the Ayase home, she greeted the mother of the family.
"Hi, mom!" Yotsuba said. "Is Ena here?"
"Oh, hi, Yotsuba-chan!" said Ayase-san. "Ena's in her room. You can go see her if you want!"
"Thanks, I will!" said Yotsuba, and headed upstairs. She quietly opened the door and looked in. There was Ena, lying on her back on the bed, eyes closed. The eleven-year-old wore a top with shoulder straps, and a pair of shorts. The shirt showed the very bottom of her tummy.
"Ena?" Yotsuba said. The girl didn't answer or open her eyes. At least she seemed to be breathing. Yotsuba decided to tickle her awake. She grinned and approached Ena with fingers curled, ready to tickle. Just then, Ena opened her eyes the rest of the way, and pulled her top up, baring her midriff. Yotsuba stopped short, surprised. She had thought Ena was asleep!
"Go ahead, Yotsuba-chan," said Ena.
"Huh?" said Yotsuba, still not having recovered.
"Go ahead and tickle me," Ena said. "I like to be tickled."
Yotsuba regained her grin, and started tickling Ena's tummy.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ena laughed, her laughter being heard by her mother. She didn't know what was causing it, but she couldn't help but smile.
Asagi, home from university, heard it, too. Wonder what Ena's laughing about, she thought. Oh, well. She went back to sleep.
When Yotsuba stopped tickling her, Ena giggled and asked, "Wanna tickle my bellybutton, too?"
Ena's cute tummy had an adorable innie that was just slightly taller than it was wide. Yotsuba stuck a finger inside and began to tickle it.
"Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee heeeee hee hee hee! Eee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!" Ena giggled.

Downstairs, an 11-year-old came in.
"Oh, hey, Miura-chan!" said Fuuka.
"Hey, onee-san," said Miura.
Miura had on a jersey and pair of shorts, having left her shoes at the door.
"Is Ena-chan home?" she asked.
"Yeah, she's in her bedroom," said Fuuka. "I think Mom said Yotsuba-chan came over, too." She called up to the bedroom. "Eeeeeenaaaa! Miura's here!"
"Yeah, I half-expect her to be here whenever I come over," said Miura. Then she noticed Fuuka's shirt. "Umm..."
The shirt was gray, with a picture of a Neco Coneco on the front. Fuuka turned around, showing the back, with was white with a gray cat on the back. This cat had bear-trap teeth bared.
"Well, what do you think?" asked Fuuka.
"I... think I'd better see Ena-chan," said Miura, "before I say something you don't want to hear." She headed upstairs.
"Hrmph," said Fuuka.

Miura opened the door. By this time, Yotsuba had stopped tickling Ena, and Ena's shirt was covering her tummy again.
"Yo," said Miura.
"Yo!" echoed Yotsuba.
"Hey, Miura-chan," said Ena.
"What are you guys up to?" asked Miura.
"Oh... nothing yet," said Ena. "Got any ideas?"
"Nope, nothing," replied Miura.
"Oh well," said Ena. "I'm sure we'll think of something." She lay back on the bed.
For her part, Miura lay on her belly on the floor with her head on her hands, elbows pointing away. Yotsuba looked at Miura, and went over and knelt beside her, parallel to her side. Ena rolled onto her side to watch, propping her head up with her hand. She had an idea of what Yotsuba would do, but wanted to see for herself.
Quickly, Yotsuba tickled Miura's armpits. Miura briefly tried to fight it, but it just tickled too much.
"AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! YA-HA-HA-METE HEH HEH HEH!* I'M TICKLISH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT TICKLES! IIE** HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!" she laughed, trying to get away. In the process, she rolled onto her back. Yotsuba pulled up her shirt and tickled her midriff and innie bellybutton.
"EEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA STOP STOP STOP!!!" she laughed, finally pushing Yotsuba off with an angry look on her face. Yotsuba looked at her, stunned. Ena was kind of stunned, herself.
"DON'T... DO THAT!" said Miura. "I HATE being tickled." After a brief pause, she added, "Well, that's not quite true. I love it when my dad tickles me. But no one else! Got it?"
Yotsuba nodded.
"Hey, Yotsuba-chan," said Ena, deciding to redirect Yotsuba's tickling elsewhere for now, "Fuuka's got really ticklish feet. Maybe you could try her."
Yotsuba brightened. "Okay!"
"Hey Miura-chan," said Ena, "while she's doing that, wanna tickle me?"
"Sure," grinned Miura. She got onto the bed and was soon tickling Ena.

Her laughter followed Yotsuba out of her room, down the stairs, and into the living room where Fuuka was lying on the couch with her feet propped up, reading a diet magazine. Like so many teenage girls, the biggest problem with her weight was self-perception, but diet magazines that tell you that you don't actually need their diets don't tend to sell well. While the 17-year-old wasn't paying attention, Yotsuba came up to her and tickled her feet and toes.
"AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WHO'S TICKLING ME HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE?" laughed Fuuka, reflexively bringing her forearms down. "YOTSU-HOO-BA-CHA-HA-HA-HA-N! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! THAT TICKLES!"

Asagi heard Fuuka laughing this time. Where am I, a mad house? she thought. She followed the sound to the doorway of the living room and peeked in. Aha, so that's what's going on, she thought. Hmmm... She went back and lay down, and pulled her shirt up as if it had ridden up in her sleep, exposing her gorgeous stomach. She then very nearly closed her eyes, letting her watch while appearing to be asleep.

Yotsuba kept tickling for a bit before stopping. She suddenly had a thought, remembering Miura's reaction. "You aren't mad at me, are you?" she asked, worried.
Fuuka smiled. "Noooo," she said, ruffling Yotsuba's hair. "That was actually kinda fun. But if you wanna tickle me in the future, you should ask, because I might not be in the mood. Okay?"
"Okay!" said Yotsuba.

Yotsuba left Fuuka and found Asagi in her bedroom, apparently asleep. Yotsuba crept up quietly, approaching Asagi's bare belly. Suddenly, Asagi's eyes opened. She grabbed Yotsuba, sat up, pulled her into her lap, and tickled her, randomly tickling her belly, ribs, and underarms.
"EEEEEE HEE HEE HEEEEEE! AAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE HE HEE HEE HEE HEEEEEE! EEEEEEE HEE! EEEEEEE HEE! HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" Yotsuba squealed with laughter and giggling.
"So you were going to tickle me, huh?" said Asagi. "Well, I've got you, now! Kitchie kitchie coo!"
Yotsuba wiggled in Asagi's lap, helpless with laughter.

However, without warning, Asagi was caught herself! Her mother grabbed her arms and held them over her head, while Miura and Ena grabbed her ankles. They turned her so she was forced to lie down.
"So you thought you were going to get away without a tickling, eh?" said Fuuka, nearby. "I don't think so, sis!" She bared Asagi's tummy.
"I'll... I'll get you for this!" said Asagi, struggling. "I'll get you all!"
"Now, now, onee-san," teased Miura. "It's not nice to make threats."
"Okay, girls," said Ayase-san, "tickle!"
Miura was the first to react, tickling Asagi's left foot and toes. Ena was quick to follow.
Asagi was instantly giggling. "Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!"
Fuuka then started tickling Asagi under her arms.
"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
Yotsuba got in on the action, as well, tickling Asagi's belly and bellybutton.
Asagi was laughing frantically, now. "AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!"
Their tickling went on for a while until Ayase-san spoke up. "Okay, girls," she said, "I think she's had enough."
Asagi sure looked it. As they stopped tickling her and let her go, she collapsed on the couch, breathing heavily, face bright pink. "You just... you just remember this!" she warned. When she caught her breath, she added with a grin and wiggling fingers, "For example, I wonder when I'll be tickling Miura..."
Miura's eyes went wide. "Y-yeah, well," she said, backing away, "I'd better be going. Seeya!"
"Seeya!" said Yotsuba and Ena.
"You can't escape my tickly wrath forever!" said Asagi as Miura left. Her mother giggled. "Don't think I won't get you, too, Mom," said Asagi, turning to her.
"Me?" Ayase-san asked, feigning innocence. "I didn't tickle you!"
"No," replied Asagi, standing up, having regained her strength, "but you helped them!" She began wiggling her fingers at her mother. "And for that you must pay."
"N-no, Asagi," Ayase-san said, backing up. "Don't do it; you know how ticklish I am!"
"Oh! I have to go, too," said Yotsuba. "Maybe next time, you can tickle me! Seeya!"
"Sounds like fun!" said Ena. "Seeya, Yotsuba-chan!"
"Yes, I know exactly how ticklish you are," replied Asagi, grabbing hold of her mother and putting her arms around her. "so I won't be disappointed when I do this!" At that, she began tickling her mother on her belly, on her sides, and under her arms."
"N-no! Tee hee! Asa-ha-gi hee hee, that tickles!" she started to giggle.
"Good!" said Asagi, tickling more vigorously.
"HA HA HA HASAGI HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA..." her laughter followed Yotsuba out the door.

Yotsuba entered her home. "Dad!" she called. "I'm back!"
"Up here!" he answered. Yotsuba went up to
"Hey, Yotsuba!" said a rather tall man.
"JUMBO!" she said, delighted.
"Did you have a good time with the neighbors?" asked Koiwai-san.
"Yeah!" replied Yotsuba.
"That's good," he said. "Did you cause them any trouble?"
Yotsuba thought. "Nooooo..."
"I hope that's the case," he said."
"Hey Jumbo," asked Yotsuba, "are you ticklish?"
"Heh, yeah, I am," he answered.
"Do you like to be tickled?" she asked.
"Sssssometimes," he replied. "Why?"
"Yotsuba," said Koiwai-san, "I still need to work. If you're going to do that, could you two go to another room so I don't get a headache?"
"Heh, yeah," agreed Jumbo, "I laugh pretty loudly."
"Okay!" said Yotsuba, taking Jumbo's hand. "C'mon, Jumbo!"
"Okay, I'm coming," he said, standing up and walking bent over due to being pulled by a little kid.

They went downstairs, and Jumbo took off his shirt and lay on his back with his hands behind his head.
"Okay, Yotsuba, I'm ready!" he said.
Yotsuba began tickling Jumbo under his arms, on his ribs, and on his stomach. True to his word, he was indeed quite ticklish.
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Jumbo laughed. Also true to his word, he was loud. Koiwai could hear it up in his work room. It wasn't too loud up there, so he could still concentrate. Yotsuba giggled and kept tickling him, keeping him laughing for a while.

Later that evening, after Jumbo had gone home, Koiwai and Yotsuba lay on their futons. Before Yotsuba went to sleep, however, her daddy made her giggle by briefly tickling her belly: the perfect end to a day of tickly fun.

THE END

*Could be rendered "STAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOP!"
**Means "NO".