Welcome to Gaia! ::

18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Back to Guilds

This Guild is for Gaians 18 or older to meet and socialize with people in their age group. 

Tags: Over 21, Over 18, 18 or older, Older, Adult 

Reply 18 to enter, 21 to drink....
Parents Corner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliaFox

5,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 pm
I have 1 little girl, she's 4 and her name is Cloey. She's getting ready to start kindergarten. I want more kids in the future just not right now & since I'm a single mom it's easier to me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:40 pm
I have a 4 almost5 year old boy and a 3year old boy and im pregnant not sur how far yet have to get a doctors visit  

CuriousKat8631

7,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm
We have an 8 year old daughter. We wanted a large family, but we're happy with the one we did get biggrin She's incredibly bright...we send her to private school since all the public schools in our district fail the state's criteria, and she's an 'A' student. Unfortunately she's inheritied anxiety from me and ADD from her mother. Most of the time she's very well behaved and sensitive to other people, but she sleeps in a sleeping bag in our bedroom because she's afraid to be alone. I was at her age also, but my parents would have whacked me if I left my room after lights out. During the day we insist she be in a room alone if necessary, but at night we're lenient. She's a natural at piano and picks up songs quickly, and even writes a few of her own. She's also a daddy's girl, which my wife hates but I secretly like. I think that'll change when she gets older since I'm the stricter of the parents.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm
Ianto Gryffin
We have an 8 year old daughter. We wanted a large family, but we're happy with the one we did get biggrin She's incredibly bright...we send her to private school since all the public schools in our district fail the state's criteria, and she's an 'A' student. Unfortunately she's inheritied anxiety from me and ADD from her mother. Most of the time she's very well behaved and sensitive to other people, but she sleeps in a sleeping bag in our bedroom because she's afraid to be alone. I was at her age also, but my parents would have whacked me if I left my room after lights out. During the day we insist she be in a room alone if necessary, but at night we're lenient. She's a natural at piano and picks up songs quickly, and even writes a few of her own. She's also a daddy's girl, which my wife hates but I secretly like. I think that'll change when she gets older since I'm the stricter of the parents.

that sounds wonderful, but isn't it...

expensive??  

beaulolais

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 am
beaulolais
Ianto Gryffin

that sounds wonderful, but isn't it...

expensive??

I'm guessing it's the school your specifically asking about. We are incredibly lucky, really is what it comes own to. The school she goes to is incredibly small, and very well funded by private donors, legacies, and foundations (it's a religious academy which receives no public funding). The school has established a minium amount of $200/mo, and it's on a sliding scale up to $800/mo, with a discount if you pay tuition in full at the beginning of the year. We get the minimum as we're low-income.

Most of the day consists of secular studies taugh in English as required by the state, taught by non-religious teachers, and most of the children excel amazingly as they have their own computers, incredibly small teacher/student ratios, are taught at their own pace, etc. The latter part of the day is all in Hebrew, taught by rabbis and religious instructors. They learn the Hebrew language and Jewish subjects. It's the best $200/mo I can spend! biggrin

Although I have no personal experience with it, I understand many Christian schools operate under a similar model, and also offer financial aid. The fin-aid application comes with a booklet of participating schools from all backgrounds/religions, and I was amazed the first time I flipped through it and saw how many private schools offer financial assistance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:32 am
well yes, that is much less than i would have expected

just based on the private Academies here north of Albany NY, anyway  

beaulolais

TheIndianJohnSmith
Vice Captain

Married Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am
Woot, have another boy now... 4yr old JJ, 3yr old Ethan, and 2 month old Niles. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 am
satanizmihomedog
I don't have kids but I think of my cat as one :3 and I know its totally different but shes still my baby >w<
eek you have or had a cat?!?  

TheIndianJohnSmith
Vice Captain

Married Demigod

MizzVampyra

Beloved Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 am
I have 2 wonderful children my daughter is 17 and my son is 14, I also have a fur baby (cat) who is just as spoiled as my 2 children, I am a single mom, and my babies are my world... smile  
18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff