Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Reorganizing The Role Play!...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frank Punisher Castle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 pm
In the Ministry's last Owl Post my suggestion for classes, storylines etc. was met with this response:

"I am all for this, but several variations have been tried before. It affects our guild standard to delete a subforum, nonetheless we have an 'official RP' that is inactive as a subforum. If you are willing to organize it, and there is interest in it, I'm happy to make an 'official RP' In the past, the interest hasn't been there- we're more of a gaming, contest and social guild"

Let me explain what I think should be done... This guild is brilliant as it is. We have a great community and plenty of things to do. I've made that judgement and i've not even been sorted yet. However, I think we could improve ourselves as a guild if we had a roleplay. It might not seem that major of a thing, But I mean... Wouldn't it be cool to have characters, a story, and classes? To learn spells? Learn how to create potions?
Be taught how to brew fame? Bottle glory? Alright, sorry. I may be getting carried away with the potions... But that isn't the point. I need to know who would be willing to help if I wanted to reorganize the roleplay.

Are you up for it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:59 am
User Image
A question: What kind of RP are we talking, exactly? Because having people teach classes would be way cool, although I would not like to have to be any of the Hogwarts teachers from the books. Too hard to stay in character, and I always feel bad when I break character.
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm
I already have my hands full with contests and points for this guild, and being in a mod in two other guilds, including a Marauders' era RP called "Never Forget." (It's lots of fun. Fans of RPing and MWPP era characters should join! cool )

As a result, I'm afraid that I cannot play, however - if enough people are interested - I'll be happy to give you some ideas about setting it up via PM. whee

Mia is creating another RP guild based entirely on OCs, so you might want to join that one. smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 pm
ScottieBears MiaKitty
User Image
A question: What kind of RP are we talking, exactly? Because having people teach classes would be way cool, although I would not like to have to be any of the Hogwarts teachers from the books. Too hard to stay in character, and I always feel bad when I break character.
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

By that, I suppose I mean with none of the canon characters from Harry Potter involved. Maybe post or pre-Harry? And yes, I mean classes, Set-up stories with much choice, and all that goodness. Even though we're working on "Our Hogwarts" I think it's definitely worth fixing this RP. It has a much higher member count.  

Frank Punisher Castle

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:30 pm
I am not sure how much I can do, but I'll do my best to try to help. I am actually Captain of the RP Min mentioned and I set that up here at the Haven so I've been through it before. Feel free to PM me if you need help :3.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games