Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Write me a Greek Myth! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:07 am
i wanna be in this!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:58 am
My own Greek myth! I wanna be in this 2!

lexcee1

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:05 pm
i think im gonna make it with Ares  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:31 pm
saga576
i think im gonna make it with Ares

I think the deadline was at the end of last year..
Tough, I have a myth.  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:33 pm
hey post the myth anyway!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:06 am
saga576

It's extremely boring, actually. Just about Artemis, Athena and Aphrodite fighting again.  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:29 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
saga576

It's extremely boring, actually. Just about Artemis, Athena and Aphrodite fighting again.

i hear you make good plays, why not stories!?
Come on!!!!
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna see it!
Please!!!
I'm gonna post my myth anyway once I have one  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:16 am
Mnemosyne Moneta
saga576

Please post the fable, milady.
Why would the ladies Artemis, Athena, and Aphrodite fight so often, again?  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 pm
Cause Aphrodite loves love and Artemis pukes at the thought of it.

I don't write good plays, but rather my daughters. You know, the Mousai?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta

Your daughters are gifted with a knack for epic fables, do they not, milady? ^_^
Although that said, what about the Lady Athena, Lady Metis' daughter, on the arguing?  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:30 pm
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta

Your daughters are gifted with a knack for epic fables, do they not, milady? ^_^
Although that said, what about the Lady Athena, Lady Metis' daughter, on the arguing?

I'm hopefully gonna get it up today. Patience.
'Cause love isn't really her thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:06 pm
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta

Why you talk funny all the time?!
XD  

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:10 pm
saga576
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta

Why you talk funny all the time?!
XD

It's him sucking up to the Gods.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:22 pm
Throughout the days on Olympos, the days of hatred, love, and retribution, the gods did not once remember this specific event. I, Mnemosyne, remembered it obviously, as that’s my job, to write and to remember. Certainly the fair maiden remembered it, Adiake was her name, as she now flies.
It was a snowy day on the peaks of Olympos, as Persephone was with Aides once more. Demeter wept off in the corner, wishing the return of her daughter. The Charites danced around, as my daughters, the Mousai, played their lyres and sung hymns to Zeus and Apollo. I stood behind the drunken Zeus’ throne, my sister Themis standing beside me with a look of disgust. It was a usual day of celebration amongst the deities of Olympos, as it marked the end of the Trojan War. All but Ares and Aphrodite were there, probably grumping on their loss.
As I remember it, no apple was thrown in. There was no golden apple that said ‘to the fairest’. No, it was just something that all three of the goddess this fable speaks of wanted. Once Artemis’ sharp eyes lay on the prize, she practically screamed out, before jumping into the fray. No one, not even I, knew where the prize came from, but it didn’t take much time before Athene noticed it also. With her spear she ran, pushing past the rest of the deities that stood confused. Zeus stood up; his eyes watching his daughters fight over the simple, single object with awe. It was a single feather, bronze and beautiful, and the King of the Sky couldn’t help but feel power as he ripped it from his daughters’ grasp.
He then declared that the deity that mirrored such beauty of the feather would be able to receive the prize. Unfortunately, Pallas Athene and Keladeine, thinking they were beautiful enough for the prize, fought once more, forcing Jove to strike down a lightning bolt for order on Olympos. The noise subsided as the King looked down at his people, knowing instantly of who deserved the prize. Aphrodite. With a sweep he sent Hermes to get the goddess of beauty, who appeared a few seconds later. It led to many disputes, many of which consisted of Athena and Artemis saying they were far more beautiful in intelligence and spirit, which Apollon and Hephaistos agreed to.
That’s when the wise Themis decided on how to solve this pointless dispute. Each goddess had two days in the control of a mere mortal woman. They were allowed to use their powers to change her appearance, her personality, anything they pleased. Yet, one thing needed to remain that was originally hers’. They would have two days to make the mortal’s crush love her in return. The goddesses slowly agreed, and as did Lord Zeus, and the other gods were not allowed to help. Aphrodite and Athena quickly disappeared, only to leave the wild Artemis. Throwing Themis and I a look of distaste, she disappeared like the other two goddesses.
Months passed. Mainly because the goddesses were unable to find a good enough mortal. Athena wanted one of her priestesses, chaste and wise, who had fallen for a wise man of Ithaca. Yet, Artemis didn’t agree, and wanted one of the Amazons to be chosen, as they were good with a bow and skilled in running. Aphrodite didn’t agree with either two’s decisions, wanting a beautiful princess of Thrake to be the chosen one. They bickered constantly, and soon Themis and I wanted to order Hephaistos into making another woman of clay. Of course, he was unable to, as no help from other god. So Olympos waited as the goddesses spoke, hoping that the torture would be over and they would finally choose a maiden.
They chose a simple raven haired girl named Adiake. Her hair fell to her shoulders, her skin was tanned and her eyes a sparkly green. She lived on the island of Rhodes, which is how she was chosen. Once the god of the sun, Helios, found out about the goddess’ choosing problems, had suggested her. She had an intelligence that most women didn’t have, and was chaste even if she had been married. Her husband had been sent off to the Trojan War, and hadn’t come back. With that, suitors had come to her, though none was as handsome as Theophylaktos, a young, bearded man of Rhodes that worked at the Temple for Helios. Artemis and Athena agreed to her, and with a sigh, Aphrodite did too. The gods were overjoyed that they finally chose someone.
The first deity to have control over Adiake was the swift Artemis. She had just two days, and the goddess knew of how quickly she needed to react. With her powers she gave the mortal longer and slimmer legs, a faster running speed, and wondrous archery skills. Artemis kept her spirit and her chastity, her eyes and hair remaining the same. The goddess went down to Adiake and with her bow she touched the girl, transforming her into her little statue. The goddess transformed herself into the changed maiden, and then transported her off to Olympos where she would stay for two days, only to be returned once the next goddess took control.

That's the first part.  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers