Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] How the years change us. (Homu & ?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:42 pm
User Image

Things seemed to be progressing smoothly in the Tuait'tekem, as far as the dusty lion could tell. There were so many he didn't know... so many new people all but invading the lands he had grown up and been imprisoned in. Despite that, he'd had to come back. Despite the changes and all the new things, Homutifu felt like there was no where else in the world he could be...

But that didn't mean he had to act happy about it. And if the frown on his face was any indication, he planned to make his displeasure and down-right orneriness quite obvious for anyone he came in contact with. Olive eyes narrowed, he glanced left and right as he slunk down to a water hole for a drink, wanting and yet not wanting company on his little foray.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm
User Image

Since the lessons began they seemed to be more organized now, which was pleasing. They hadn't exactly been disorderly before, but lions that had once been strangers were becoming acquainted if only by name. She carried herself through the sand filled lands checking on various families and new members, her daughter and bonded familiars at their sides.

"It seems like everyone has settled in just fine. Meanwhile, have you spoken to your father yet about what we talked about, Soa?"

The other lioness, quite earthy by comparison, shook her head.

User Image

"I haven't found the right chance yet. With so much going on right now I don't want to crowd him with things to consider, but I think soon... if the right time comes along."

Johari smiled softly and nodded. That consideration for others and her natural urges to be helpful would make her a good possibility for the position she sought. With Ukilia at her side now, too, Johari was confident that the girls could manage a position like that rather well together.

"Just don't put it off too long, you can leave it to me, to make sure that he has the time, meanwhile."

She was rewarded with Soa's smile, but the princess had noticed the other male then.

"Good day! Homutifu, isn't it?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:45 pm
The older male started up at the sound of female voices, a hint of panic in his motions before he buried it under his grumpy exterior. He straightened up almost stiffly, offering the pair of females a head-bobbing salute.

"Majesties." He said, his voice rusty and rough. "Please pardon me if I'm interrupting your private conversation." He ducked his head again, making as to back out of their presence. He vaguely remembered them. Homu was pretty sure the golden one was the new queen of the pride, something he'd had to learn quickly if he wished to rejoin his birth pride. The other... he was pretty sure was her daughter. Great... he didn't want much company right now and he had the good luck of having not one, but two royal females find him. Now he was forced to politeness and a genteel manner, when he'd have otherwise been gruff and caustic.

"If you'll just excuse me for the intrusion, I'll leave you to each other and the coolness of the water." He said as he bowed low.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:53 am
As Johari saw the male make to leave she just smiled softly and shook her head.

"Please, by all means stay, Homutifu. Don't let us make you feel as if you have to go, unless perhaps we are actually intruding?"

He may have come out here for some privacy. Not only was he one of the recently freed vultures' slaves, but it could get a bit rambunctious with the cubs kept indoors in the temple, their playful voices echoing down the halls. She didn't want to disturb him or make him uncomfortble if it could be avoided, but she'd also rather work towards having the new members as familiar to her as their traveling band had been. They were a family after all.

"Sun's greetings, pride-brother." Soa greeted with a polite, aimable smile from where she stood beside her mother. Her companion simply wuffed a soft greeting, and Kirara inclined her head politely, moving closer to Ukilia now that their mistresses had stopped.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:24 am
Females AND companions... great.

Homutifu kept the frown his face was used to making from his features and nodded his head politely again.

"Sun's greetings to you as well, pride-sister." It felt... odd, to exchange courtesies like this. He'd lived so long without them, or even voices not lowered in fear... The dusty male shook his head to clear the old cloud of memory and sank back to sit on his haunches, his tail snaking out to twitch behind him. The pectoral around his neck shone brightly in the hot desert sun and he self-consciously smoothed the spreading golden wings to lay flat as they should. Another thing he was not used to... all his life, his father had worn this pectoral. To take his place at the head of a now non-existent family was strange and disquieting. Especially since, if he never took a mate, his family line would end with him. The pectoral was a heavy, constant reminder of that.

"You are hardly intruding, since all the land about us is under your rule, Majesty. Pray continue what you were about and don't let my low presence bother you. I was... only seeking some quiet reflection and a cool drink. I'm unused to having so many of... my own kind around me." He spoke haltingly, unsure just what he -should- be saying to them. They were royalty after all, and he still had much the mind-set of a slave. Yet another thing to get used to in this new life.

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games