Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Welcome home! Yeah, right... (Homu & Najub)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm
User Image

Homutifu was grumpy as he paced towards the Temple of his ancestors, but then... he was always grumpy, so it wasn't news to any who knew him. Not that anyone did! After fleeing like a coward when he was set free, he'd lived in relative isolation in the wilds till he'd worked up the courage to return to his homeland. Which was the reason for the grumpiness. He didn't like thinking of himself as less-than capable... but his actions were hard to justify otherwise.

Head low, fur bristled, he stalked towards the new Tuait'tekem as though daring someone to get in his way, to provoke his anger so he had a reason to work it off on them. Not that he would, probably. He was more bluff and bluster than actual danger, but he tended to avoid that thought since it just made his mood worse.

A fallen tree, its branches skeletal, blocked his path, forcing Homu to make a detour around it as he muttered to himself somethings that probably weren't meant for cubs' ears.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 am
User ImageNajub wasn't one who was overly social. He tended to walk around the lands not really talking or doing anything. He rarely spoke unless he thought there was a reason to and so he wasn't really close to anyone. He liked to track the vultures, it wouldn't seem fun or even interesting but he wasn't a good hunter and wasn't really good at anything. He was however good at tracking those evil birds and today it had led him near the borders of the lands. At least the birds weren't near the center of the pride at the moment.

He wasn't the best coloured animal for the desert and so it was often that he would dig a hole in the sand and lay in it. Not for any real reason other then occasionally if he dug deep enough the sand would be slightly damp and cooler. It was the only way he found to get cooler out here. So for now, how ever odd it looked he was digging in hope that he would be able to find some water or at least damp sand.

Remove

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm
Homu nearly fell into the hole the younger... lion was digging before he took notice of it, so wrapped up in his irritability and thoughts. He stood staring a moment before he scowled, leaning in to stare at the creature inside of it.

"What in the burning sands are you doing?" He barked, his irritated curiosity overcoming his better judgment and manners.

With the sun beating down on his back, it seemed utter foolishness to him for someone to be digging in the sand. How hot you'd get while doing it! Better to go take a nap in one of the oasis with its mud and cooling water. So surely this young male must be insane, with his dark coat in the bright sunlight.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:05 am
Insane? It was quite possible. Najub knew how to cool himself off but it took a while and he did get rather hot while doing so. It all seemed rather stupid when he could run pretty fast and get to an oasis quick enough. He just didn't have much sense, he had a lot of brains to find that if you dig deep enough you find cooler sand but you had to do a lot of digging and that really didn't make any sense.

"To keep cool of course!" He replied as if the lion was asking the most stupid question in the world. He looked at the male briefly and then went back to digging. He really wasn't one to have a conservation unless someone else started it and well he had already answered the lions question so it made sense really to just start digging again!

Remove

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:19 pm
The idea was rather startling to Homutifu and again his curiosity got the better of his grumpy nature.

Pacing up to the side of the hole, out of the way of digging limbs and flying dirt, he plopped his dusty colored behind in the sand and watched for a moment, a scowl on his face. "How is digging in the hot sun going to make you cool?" He finally asked. "Wouldn't it be better to find some shade or something?"

His tail flicked gently as he watched, picking up a little on the youth's seeming abundant energy. He felt himself too old for this nonsense. Even if there was a secret cooling to this digging thing, he was far too old to go around digging holes all the time when he wanted to cool down. And if all the new members of the pride were like this, he might just think about turning tail and heading back out into exile for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:53 am
"Of course the digging makes you hot but once your in the hole you are out of the sun and so cool." He smiled proudly at himself.

"Shade isn't always easy to come by and sometimes its quicker to dig then to keep looking." See it was all perfectly logical at least to Najub who seemed alot more talkative today.

"Who are you anyway?"

Remove

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 pm
His logic made a weird sort of sense and Homu scowled. It sounded like a rather good idea, come to think of it, but be damned if he'd go now and dig himself a hole, and look like he only did it because the other did first. Which meant he'd have to stand out in the sun, getting hotter and grumpier.

The question distracted him a little and he huffed, shaking out his mane.

"Homutifu. Who are you?" He didn't like it when people asked his name like that... like he was some kind of intruder and was supposed to just give up his name to stranger... even if he was and he did without thinking about it. He grumbled grumpily, shifting on his haunches.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:22 am
Najub just stared at the male for a while.

"Never seen you here before." He was just stating a fact. He wasn't overly bothered if the lion was or wasn't part of the pride, Najub was well only interested in big birds called vultures. Lions seemed harmless next to them.

"Oh I am Najub." He smiled proudly before turning back to his hole. It needed to be a little deeper and then he would be happily out of the sun. He started digging again not caring in the slightest whether or not the sand was being thrown at the other male. If it was he should move because well Najub had been digging here first!

Remove

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am
The dusty lion danced out of the way of the flying sand, shaking himself clean of the dusty and grit.

"Najub, huh?" Homu grumbled as he shifted to an area where the other wasn't flinging dirt. "Well, I havn't seen you here before either, so I guess we're even. But I guess you could call me new to the place. I lived here before, but all these new lions make the place new to me. I'm just getting used to it all over again." He shook himself again, sighing roughly.

"You live in the pride then, Najub? Is there anything I should be aware of in particular? Some warning of what I'm gonna find might be helpful." With the younger male so distracted and the heat starting to seem deep into Homu's body, he found himself just more tired than grumpy, wanting little more than to go and lay on the cool stone of the temple.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:32 am
Najub did listen to the male while he was working and then stopped to face him.

"The vultures have gone but generally we are still a little weary, other then that I don't think so. You might want to get out of the sun though, it seems hotter today then usual." He pondered why that might be and when he came up with no reason he resumed digging, after all the quicker he had his hole the quicker he would be out the sun, even though he could run fast enough to get to shade quick enough.

Remove

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm
This Najub was certainly an odd one. Couldn't hold still long enough for a proper conversation. It made Homu... grumpy. Like usual.

He scowled as he glanced in the direction of the temple, squinting his olive green eyes against the glare of sun on sand and the haze of heat. "I don't think big lions like us need fear anything from a few molting vultures." He growled, puffing himself up a little. Living half his life as a slave to them hadn't been a pleasant experience, but despite his bravado, he was still nervous of sudden clouds overhead that blocked the sun to cast him in shade. He kept feeling claws scratching down his spine...

"Well, stay out here if you like then." He said gruffly as he climbed to his paws and shook the dust from his fur. "I'm heading back to find a cool spot inside the stones. Faster than digging a hole, I think, and less work." Homutifu shook out his mane again as he gave the younger male a scowl of thought, before turning his face towards the temple.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 am
Najub listened to the male and nodded before heading back in to his hole. He was an odd creature but he liked digging and so with the older male lion gone he went back to digging his hole where eventually he would fall happily asleep.  

Remove

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff