Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Will you ever get enough of Harry Potter? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harry Potter forever?
  yes, of course
  certainly not, I think I will stop reading and re-reading them in a year or so
  don't know... will always like them but I'm getting a bit too old for them...
View Results

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:18 pm
I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BE OVER HARRY POTTER! IT JUST WON"T HAPPEN!

And as I was typing all those evers....I decided Evere is a pretty girl name. It's pronounced ever but spelled Evere. I don't know, I like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:13 pm
*thinks to self* Haley has the first post on a lot of page 2s....

Anyways...

I think that, if you are a true fan, you never grow out of anything. If you love something enough, you will always love it. A lot of people refer to it as getting to old for Harry Potter, but how many adults do you know who are too old for Dr. Suess, whose books are directed toward a much younger ae group than Harry Potter? Even if you realize that something is a part of your childhood, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it as an adult. I know several people in their 30's and 40's who did grow up and are very mature and adult, and yet they still love to sit down and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas or read Green Eggs and Ham. I still love watching all my favorite Disney movies, even though I know that I'm 'too old' for them. If someone offered me a trip to Disney World and told me I couldn't ride the rides, I'd still go to see Ariel and Jasmine and Aladdin.

Age is a state of mind. Growing old is a requirment, but growing up is an option. I'm not saying that when I'm 30 I'll still be as crazy about it as I am, but I'm pretty sure that, every once and a while, I'll pick up a copy of PoA and read it, just as engrossed in the story as I am today.  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

GabrielleClearwater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:59 pm
All I have to say is Star Wars xD I know loooooads of enormous SW fans who never grew out of the obsession since they were kids.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:57 pm
How can you get tired of Harry Potter! It's the best book ever! I going to re-read the books forever. And i think real fans don't get tired of things they like.  

jgsc82

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:46 am
I think J.K.R will keep it big. And if she doesn't we WILL!!! I started reading HP just after my fifth birthday, I'm thirteen now, and I am still in love with HP. It will always be remembered. And J.K.R is writing the books that are mentioned in the actual books.
I think thats a really cool way to keep Harry more alive. She's written Tales of the Beedle Bard, and The Care of Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them.... and probably will write a lot of the others. I need the Creatures one...
And, totally agree, true fans will never forget!!!! And if you do, you'd better watch out!!

And Evere is a pretty name, if you really think about it.

But anyways,
HARRY POTTER WILL BE ALIVE AND KICKING IN THIRTY YEARS!!!!
If us super-fans have anything to say about it!

hehheh...power rant...my bad  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces