Reply Debate and Discussion
Sin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 pm
Here is a website if you want to reference scripture but don't have a Bible where you are.

So the basic idea is put forward in Genesis 2 and 3: that the divide between God and people was caused by Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge, which they were told directly not to do by God.

After they eat the fruit, Adam, Eve, the serpent, and the earth all are cursed, and Adam and Eve are sent out of the Garden of Eden.

I was taught (and it makes sense) that there are two different sorts of sin. The first, the more important, is Sin (capital S) which is the essential disconnect between God and people that was caused when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, and in essence, broke their fellowship with God. Since then sin (little s) started to come into the lives of men and women. This is the small petty things, actions, problems, arguments, mistakes, whatnot that plague our lives no matter what we believe, what we do, etc.

The idea is that when Sin is forgiven through Jesus, God allows us to come more and more directly into his presence as we have faith, as we gain the experience of Him, and as we pursue Him. Little s sin never completely goes away because it has become so ingrained into our behavior, our society, and our world. But in the end they are not important as long as the parties involved keep their eyes on God, and continue to desire a relationship with Him.

Sin is obvious to me - a couple years ago I looked around and realized how easy it was for people to screw things up. Incredibly easy. Something as small as picking one word over another can cause a problem, even if your not angry or arguing. Business is obviously flawed; look at what America's business has done to our economy and to the rest of the world. There is disease and disorders in the world. I suppose I have taken the lack of perfection as a proof of Sin, and the fallen state we and the world are currently in.

I'm interested in hearing what other people have to say about this. For instance, why should things in their natural state be perfect and not imperfect? What do you think of the concept of Sin and it's effect on the world around us? I don't think anyone can deny that things are screwed up right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:20 pm
sin did not come into the world b/c adam and eve ate an apple, but sin came into the world because because adam and eve deliberatly ate from the tree of the knowlegde of good and evil, which they were told by God not to. the serpent, which had been overtaken by satan, decieved Eve into eating the fruit, despite God's warning. it was easy b/c "The woman saw that the tree was beautiful, that its fruit was good to eat." (S)sin has and will always look good, and always be easy b/c of the deception of our world. B/c Eve took her eyes off God, "So she took some of its fruit and ate it. She also gave some of the fruit to her husband who was with her, and he ate it." many mistakes were made here. when Adam ate the fruit despite God's warning, "Then, it was as if their eyes were opened." this is where (S)sin first entered the world (thus the "fall of man"), b/c the human eyes were opened to see evil. b/c God gave humans the ultimate authority on this world, this mistake gave satan free reign on this world, and satan is the father of sin.

as to there being 2 types of sin, i don't believe this, i believe that sin is sin, and needs to be forgiven. now, when Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago, he forgave us all of our sins, we just have to accept his forgiveness.

i hope my opinion helps you, along with anyone else with their confusion, but always remember, the only one we can fully trust 100% is God and His Word.

God bless!  

Phantomboy411

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces