Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
Twice Royal (a company tower) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Broken Husk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm
"I was one of the members allotted to be killed, for your information," Rookin intoned, his voice as flat as ever, "Imagine my surprise when the self elimination command suddenly appeared right before my eyes. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Admiral's choices, but I follow orders, as does he, regardless of what they are. We're soldiers, Thanatos." Having no real need to explain himself further Rookin moved on with something else Than had said.

"Rest assured, Thanatos, you may feel obligated to do what ever it is you're planning, for what ever reason, but I will stop you if you go to far. Tegral is resigning his command which makes me the ranking officer." Let Than mock him as he would, knowing the way the boy's mind works he probably will make a snippy comment or two, "Unlike him I do not take idly to jumped up children going off on a temper tantrum." What ever Thanatos was going to try to accomplish, what ever little plot he was devising, Rookin would stop if he felt that it was needlessly endangering lives. That being the case, Rookin assuming command, meant that even if Tegral disband his army and ordered them through the chrono-arch Rookin could order them right back around again. True he'd refrain from doing it if he could, but the ability to call on Tegral's army was still present. "Other than that," He finished up, "Please try and refrain from doing anything stupid." With nothing else to say Rookin would give Thanatos one more chance to say his peace before he'd leave.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 pm
"I don't feel obligated to anything, I am obligated." Than corrected Rookin sharply on the spot. It wasn't his concern if Rookin wanted to pass it off as a child feeling he had a higher purpose; Thanatos himself wondered how true that statement really was. He wouldn't shy away from natural faults like that if they were brought up.

"However, if you're going to call me out on my potential stupidity then I'm going to call your cowardice." Knowing Rookin was soon to depart, it was now that Than chose to aim all the warning and pressure of the conversation at Rookin. "You're standing here, possibly a commander to be, as if scolding a child for some blasphemous comment before passing him off to his parents for better punishment. However honest your threats to me are, you're still a short-sighted bully. Am I honestly worth your time, trying to put out a small spark when fires elsewhere cover the land? Why not choose some greater threat. Truinthil, Xol, Dom, Apollo, and others have voiced their clear intentions to acquire power for evil intents while I try my damned best only to remove it from the hands of people who abuse it. I heed your warning and take it to heart; but it wounds me when it sounds like we should be on the same side. It's the same thing I feel of Griffin. I'm tired of hearing all these words of good intent and promises. That's why I took a step forward tonight. You want me to believe you, then play your damn moves already and to hell with everything you've said tonight."  

Thanatos_M

A Broken Husk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:11 pm
Half turning towards the door Rookin looked over his shoulder, "Xol is no longer a threat. His powers of anti-matter and dark-matter will avail him little in any fight he may want to pick and despite his great physical strength he is not strong enough to defeat me, of that I assure you." Which was true, word for word. Having fought Xol before, having been beaten by his anti-matter and dark-matter, Tegral had gone to great lengths to study the subject and create a solution...Rookin was only half of the over all solution to Xol's seemingly invincible reputation. Xol would die if he confronted Rookin in single combat, would very likely die if he fought Kah, and would be completely obliterated if he challenged Tegral in his current combat form. "Truinthil has all ready proven to be completely incapable of anything more than, as you wanted to accuse me of, short-sighted bullying." Without having said anything Rookin just told Thanatos he was more dangerous, at least in the present moment, than these supposed super-villains.

More or less done with the conversation Rookin started walking away from Than, mace still held in his fist, "My moves are reactionary, Thanatos." He called over his shoulder, "I will not move an inch unless you, or any I deem a threat, force me to do so. I told you once: I've seen my fair share of the Butcher's Bill, paid my share and more and pray to the Holy Father every night to forgive me of my sins. I won't push for needless violence, but woe be to any who challenges my words." With that said Rookin raised his hand in farewell, knowing Than couldn't see it but did it anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:04 pm
For at least once in the conversation, Than wasn't quite sure how to interpret what Rookin was saying, but he did indeed understand that he was a more uncertain threat than the others. More so, Than wasn't sure whether he should be glad of Rookin's ability to possibly protect people in this region or hate him for not acting on the need for it. And lastly, he almost felt like laughing at his last words, the same way he wanted to laugh when Ceres revealed her weakness to him. "To think there are still people who believe God keeps an eye on this world." Knowing Rookin was leaving, Than backed up a bit, over to the bar counter once more. So Truinthil isn't worth worrying about because he's only a bully? That didn't change the fact he did harm people, gravely even. But maybe it wasn't any different from his protesting Rookin when he'd accused Thanatos of starting a wildfire, even though Than believed himself weak. "Guess it's just the difference between mortals and immortals."  

Thanatos_M

Thanatos_M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:12 am
Thanatos kicked a trashcan, slamming it hard against the wall and disfiguring the material. He turned around and knocked all the drinks that had been left on the bar counter to the ground, shattering the glasses and spilling alcohol on the floor. "DAMN ALL YOU BASTARDS! JUST GO TO HELL!" Than panted after yelling, even though he really wasn't tired.

The outburst erupted out of nowhere and without any buildup. It would have landed him under someone's watch for sure, if anyone witnessed it. The mess he'd already caused wasn't quite enough to quell his outburst, and a pair of stools felt his wrathful kick next. After that, he finally seemed to regain some composure, abruptly turning toward the exit and storming toward it.

He stopped. The door was still in front of him.

The heat of the outburst was replaced by cold silence, and Than turned to face the dried, bloody mess where KB once stood. It was 20 seconds before he turned and walked over to it. From the midst of the mess, he pulled away what remained of KB's paper bag mask, still damp with blood that hadn't dried, and other pieces of matter from KB's less than stable head. Than carefully balled up the bloody paper, stuck it in a separate compartment of his hand bag, and left the tower.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:14 am
*Bell who by now has completely taken over the role of cursed eve sits numbly on a large leather couch. Her creamy white hair streams over her shoulders down her back and almost to the floor. Griffin sits beside her reading some book in another language. His build looks like it will burst from his suit with all the power hidden underneath. The twins were starting to look less and less like each other and more and more like their parents, who were currently fighting in the next room. Griffin looked like a pale version of his father, evening growing out his hair slightly and Bell looked exactly as her mother had when she had first gone full eve. The fighting next door seemed to be getting worse as the twins listened thoughtfully, Griffin seemed like he was listening even though he was reading and Bell just sat and listened in honesty. The yells got louder and louder, they could tell that objects were now being thrown, not small ones either, chair and desks by the sounds of it. Then the ring of a slap and all noise stopped. Bell hopped worriedly to her feet her hair moving around her like golden water. Griffin remained seated but stopped reading to look up with hardened purple eyes. Kaiori would stumble from the room, one half of her face bright red and bleeding. Her eyes are full of angry tears, her light purple hair attempts to cover her shame. Her expensive looking dark purple dress it ripped and torn revealing purple flesh bruised and beaten. She gives her children a look of apology before heading out the door, she couldn't stand to show her children such weakness. Apollo would then come through the room, fur strung over one shoulder, not a hair out of place. He nods to his son and walks past Bell. He turns again at the door.* Daughter you will marry soon, by your choice or mine, but your current state is too much of a weakness for this family. *He states simply and walks out the door. Griffin looks up at his sister who looks honestly full of rage for the first time, looking exactly like her mother.*  

kaiori

Twilight Justice
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 pm
"I must be nuts to actually be doing this" Twi collected himself, wearing a full suit and tie, as by now he knew very well what Twice Royal's dress code was. That was the easy part, the hard part was actually being important enough to be seen. "They better appreciate this... not like I can wear something this uncomfortable for long without dying." Twi looked a little taller than he used to, thanks to his hair being cut at his neck instead of half way down his back. At least he was able to find a blue dress shirt that matched his eyes well enough. One might even think he did this often, which itself would be dreadful.

Pondering how well or badly this could go, Twi stepped into the main lobby of Griffin's building, hoping to seem as natural as he could. "Pardon me, sir, but if it's not too much trouble I'd like to see one of the royal family as soon as possible. If you tell them 'TJ' is here, perhaps they'll understand." Now, if just one of the three could be around, he could get this overwith.  
Black Company

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff