Reply Advice
Tattoos and Piercings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbow Skulll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:55 pm
I have been wanting a septum piercing and a tattoo for a long long LONG time, and my friends are telling me I should and its ok, but
some of my good christian friends, told me its against the bible.
Is this so?

I have had bible classes for 12yrs and I go church, but I have never heard anything mentioned about them....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:20 am
Well, as far as piercing is concerned, I've never seen anything in the Bible about it. Tattoos are against Jewish law (Leviticus 19:28 ), but the Apostles didn't say anything about it in their letter to the Gentile Christians (Acts 15:1-35).

I think it comes down to honoring God with your body. Do you think your piercing would glorify God? It doesn't matter if it's not a sin. It simply needs to glorify God.

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." -1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Mountain Rose

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 am
Mountain Rose
Well, as far as piercing is concerned, I've never seen anything in the Bible about it. Tattoos are against Jewish law (Leviticus 19:28 ), but the Apostles didn't say anything about it in their letter to the Gentile Christians (Acts 15:1-35).

I think it comes down to honoring God with your body. Do you think your piercing would glorify God? It doesn't matter if it's not a sin. It simply needs to glorify God.

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." -1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Tattoos have been around since forever and the Levectical law applies to jews. Tattoos can be a symbol of praise to God and reflect the soul.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:25 am
Mountain Rose

Thank -you :]

Rainbow Skulll

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm
The question about whether gentile believers would have to uphold the Jewish law came up once way back when Paul was still around. I think there is a story about it in Acts, but I am not sure exactly where it's from.

But basically, the outcome of the council that was held in Jerusalem was that gentile believers did not have to become Jewish, and the Jewish law did not apply to them.

I believe that's why we stick to the ten commandments and don't go by the rules in Leviticus so much.

So... I think Rai's right. Just make sure it's appropriate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:58 am
I have piercings, and piercings are okay maybe a nose and a few on each ear, there isnt anything about piercings in the bible. Just dont go crazy and have 100 piercings on your face and body and especially that gothic piercings on your back. I know some people practice it as an art of pain and i think thats wrong so thats a no no...

but its proven that its good for your body (ears mainly). Something to do with circulation flow and stuff(saw in a documentary)

but tattoo is like a huuuugee sin. So get a fake spray on that last a few weeks. It looks like the real thing... biggrin  

No place like 127 0 0 1

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 am
No place like 127 0 0 1
I have piercings, and piercings are okay maybe a nose and a few on each ear, there isnt anything about piercings in the bible. Just dont go crazy and have 100 piercings on your face and body and especially that gothic piercings on your back. I know some people practice it as an art of pain and i think thats wrong so thats a no no...

but its proven that its good for your body (ears mainly). Something to do with circulation flow and stuff(saw in a documentary)

but tattoo is like a huuuugee sin. So get a fake spray on that last a few weeks. It looks like the real thing... biggrin
But as I stated. tattoos have been around since before the OT was written. Not only that but the OT says that a lot of things are a sin. Like eating shellfish. And tattoos are the expression of your soul.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:53 am
No place like 127 0 0 1

Tatoo's aint a sin...sorry to break it to you  

Three Mile Sprint

Big_Wave_Legacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:47 pm
Exodus is a good book to read about laws and so is matthew. Well around exodus, it mentions piercings, tattoos, and a few other things that people shouldn't do. Well God told his people to do this at that time to sit his people apart from others like egyptians. Majority of christians are fine with tattos and piercings. Jews on the other hand feel this is wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 am
Syrokal
No place like 127 0 0 1

it isnt!? since when?? :O:O ...oh i thought i heard it was somewhere in the bible(i havent read that far)....infact lots of people have told me that :[
does that mean i can go crazy and tattoo myself??? surprised  

No place like 127 0 0 1

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:19 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
Syrokal
No place like 127 0 0 1

it isnt!? since when?? :O:O ...oh i thought i heard it was somewhere in the bible(i havent read that far)....infact lots of people have told me that :[
does that mean i can go crazy and tattoo myself??? surprised
If it's to glorify God then yes you may.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 pm
To me, piercing is fine as long as it's on the ears. Sorry, but i just don't like the idea of piercing any other body part. As for tattoos...well, i'm against permanent tattoos, but i don't see anything wrong with temporary ones.  

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:13 am
I'm so glad the thread is unanimous in this decision. :{ )
If you guys weren't, I would have been obligated by my rebellious teenager instincts to shake things up. rofl  
Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games