Submit

Saved?
  Angels!!
  Dumb Luck
  I dont care...
View Results

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:07 am
Yesterday i was walking back from a late shift to my quaters, its a fifteen minute walk so i usually take it at a really leasirely pace More or less pitch black outsid.

I turned the corner from the Mess block down the road to all the Single accomidations are (bless me) and was just half way down the path, when i felt a shiver run down my spine (like when someone "walks over your grave") and more importantly i saw a bright light...not directly, as i was looking ahead/down at the ground but a bright light shining like a lamp had been turned on behind me.

I stopped dead as soon as i saw the light and after a second or two i turned round to see what the hell it was, a buggy street light, someone on patrol? (it was dark after all) i had to sheild my eyes with one hand it was like looking into an on coming Car headlights... then it was gone.

I stood looking up then around me for a second my eyes now having to adjust back to Night vision after staring into such a bright light.
I was generally thinking "what the hell?" , then i s**t myself as a deafaning rawr and an intense heat smashed into my back and i was knocked of my feet, face first into the curb.

A Gas mane had just exploded..... just where i would have been if i hadnt had stopped for the five-ten seconds i had, to investigate this "light".

To be fair i just sat there daised, when people came out to see what had happend, they thought i had concussion.

Turned out there had been no Streetlamp behind me, no one on patrol and i definatly wouldent be here talking to you if i hadnt had stopped when i did, back of my hair got singed..feel lucky i was turned around as well.

Ive told some of my collegues this story and they seem to belive me and are prettys spooked.
So...am i just one lucky son of a b***h?, or was some Divine intervention at hand here?, i deep down think ive a very Compassionate Angel looking over me(or would like to think, who wouldent?)

Anyway i couldent think of a better place to share this, what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:20 am
Well, if your colleagues can't think of another explanation for the light, it sounds like an angel to me.

I definitely believe in angels; my dad has been saved many times (though he's still not a Christian). One time he was about to commit suicide, had a gun to his head in my mom's office and asked himself, "What do I have to live for?" He heard this voice answer back, "Turn around." And when he turned around he saw a picture of me (just a baby at the time). And there were other stories he told me that I don't remember at the moment.

But so yeah, I think you should be praising God right now! blaugh

Mountain Rose

SloanSage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:43 am
Yeah, angels can show themselves to us in ways. God is cool like that. He made them, after all.

Jut, don't go looking for one, you will rarely find one.

Praise God for your survival!

Also, are you in the military? Sounds like it. Quarters. Mess. Patrol. Things like that...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:32 am
SloanSage
Yeah, angels can show themselves to us in ways. God is cool like that. He made them, after all.

Jut, don't go looking for one, you will rarely find one.

Praise God for your survival!

Also, are you in the military? Sounds like it. Quarters. Mess. Patrol. Things like that...

Hah yes i am mate *points to the Proud British Soldier in his Sig*..it seem's its a dangerous job for reasons other than what i first figured XD  

We Dont Negotiate

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff